Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accessing old account/removing old posts from said account

Options
  • 24-02-2021 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a very old account I am trying to log into and remove/edit some troll posts I made a long time ago and to remove some stuff identifying myself.
    I am certain of the password, as I am not getting a "incorrect pasword" message.
    When I try to login I just get "login failed", had a quick search and couldn't find anyone with similar issues on boards.
    I can confirm details with a mod/admin in PM.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How old? It's possible it's been deactivated due to being inactive for enough years.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

As Spear said, if it has been inactive for 6+ years it has pribably been closed but if you want to email the username and email address associated with it to hello@boards.ie we can have a look for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

As Spear said, if it has been inactive for 6+ years it has pribably been closed but if you want to email the username and email address associated with it to hello@boards.ie we can have a look for you.

Yes it's definitely been well over 6 years - I will send an email again now thanks guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement