Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Out of Season 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Prokofiev's Troika just played... talk about putting you right into the zone! Absolutely adore that piece of music.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh that is a great piece!! Will definitely wake you up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Naps in the afternoon on the sofa. I vaguely remember those. Like those places called pubs we use to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

In the last two days there has been about 3 Christmas movies on Movies 24, 2 Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials, Call the Midwife Christmas special and another Christmas movie on one of the Sky Movies channels and that's just me channel surfing noticing that these are on.

• Advertisement

In the last two days there has been about 3 Christmas movies on Movies 24, 2 Only Fools and Horses Christmas specials, Call the Midwife Christmas special and another Christmas movie on one of the Sky Movies channels and that's just me channel surfing noticing that these are on.

Some program planners must be getting withdrawal symptoms :D

To be fair, have seen Home Alone 2 twice on Film 4 in the last 2 weeks, Gold/Dave are forever showing OFAH christmas specials & the same with Call the midwife, I suspect you've just caught a random coming together though... when that happens it can feel a little odd :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Not technically a Christmas film, but plenty of it set around it, Bridget Jones diary on RTE 1 tonight at 9.40pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Willy Wonka on at 4pm according to the radio, he's mentioned it at least 10 times this morning. Presume RTE as I'm listening to RTE Gold

I received a delivery today from wish... A Christmas apron, and a pair of socks that have writing on the bottom "if you can read this I'm watching Christmas movies" :)

• Advertisement

Dropping the kids to school this morning & a delivery truck from cadbury was parked in the supermarket car park with a huge big santa picture on the side, that cheered the kids up big time when i pointed it out to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Possibly the wrong place to post this, but does anyone know any decent shops places that sell Christmas trees earlier than most shops? Looking to get ours early this year and get it out of the way and save the expense in November time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Possibly the wrong place to post this, but does anyone know any decent shops places that sell Christmas trees earlier than most shops? Looking to get ours early this year and get it out of the way and save the expense in November time

Brown Thomas (should they open their Christmas shop in August this year) would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Loughc wrote: »
    Brown Thomas (should they open their Christmas shop in August this year) would be your best bet.

Awesome, thanks a million. Will give them a shout defiantly

bmorrissey wrote: »

The M50 Christmas Shop just of the N2 exit is open all year round.
    I'd say you will be able to go there in the next month or two.

Driving to a site meeting and just heard an advert on newstalk for Christmastown.ie...!!! On June 9th that's very much out of season.

DvB wrote: »
    Driving to a site meeting and just heard an advert on newstalk for Christmastown.ie...!!! On June 9th that's very much out of season.

I can imagine the muttering and giving off in cars and kitchens across the country this morning :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    I can imagine the muttering and giving off in cars and kitchens across the country this morning :D

Pardon my french but f**k em...:D Made me smile (laugh in fact):)

Had a quick look at their website (link below) and it seems they're based in Cork, so I'll not be popping in for a browse. Might have a look online though.

http://christmastown.ie/

Also to note, for any on here that still have access to the Hallmark Channel, their christmas in July series of films runs from June 25th - July 8th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,226 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Also to note, for any on here that still have access to the Hallmark Channel, their christmas in July series of films runs from June 25th - July 8th

:)

Heard that christmastown advert on newstalk again yesterday on my drive home from work... love it!!

The harrods christmas bear for 2021 (Angus) has been released:

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/shopping/christmas-bear-2021-angus-50cm-16840781

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Omg he is handsome!!

leahyl wrote: »
    Omg he is handsome!!

He's gorgeous, though he'd want to be at 120 quid sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hopefully have a Christmas Tree arriving tomorrow.
    We all should decorate now!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I hopefully have a Christmas Tree arriving tomorrow.
    We all should decorate now!

Happy Junemas fresh :D

I think I remember this right, but in years gone by didn't Harrod's open their Christmas shop in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

He's gorgeous, though he'd want to be at 120 quid sterling.

There is a cheaper version - he seems to be smaller? http://www.harrods.com/en-ie/shopping/harrods-christmas-bear-2021-angus-32cm-16841567

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yeah, the £120 one is bigger, the less expensive one is a regular 32cm size.

I think Harrods and Selfridges normally open their Christmas shops around late June/July alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement