Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dancing on Ice is back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'm sorry but James has such an advantage that can't be ignored. Him saying I'm a dancer not an ice skater is a cop out. Its dancing on ice ffs. Once he's used to the ice it's just a busmans holiday. If you were a bricklayer ....Once you'd mastered the ice you'd still build a wall on the ice better than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh can we just get rid of GC already?

It's getting boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

She's hard to like, hope she goes

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh can we just get rid of GC already?

It's getting boring now.

I posted this before the hissy fit meltdown :eek:

Oh ffs :mad:

• Advertisement

Why are they all crying tonight?

Even the pros are blubbing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Delayed reaction there from GC & poor old
    Matt was disgusted!

Icsics wrote: »
    Delayed reaction there from GC & poor old
    Matt was disgusted!

I thought i saw a "look" from him alright! Will have to watch back properly when i get home!

Also want to watch back Phil and Holly throughout after realising there'd been WW3 during the week, only copped that when Gemma started mouthing off! I think there were a lot of comments that went waaay over my innocent head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

GC is some nightmare isn't she. Loved the drama though, it's not often you see a spat on DOI! I reckon that's what kept her in. She should have been voted off. She barely even skated.
    Brian McFadden is doing my head in. He's trying too bloody hard to be funny. I'd say he's a nightmare to be around, hogging attention all the time.
    Agree on James, big advantage. He'd be well used to the lifts and he'd have good core strength and all that. Get me the armchair expert!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don’t know I don’t mind Gemma tbh. She is what she is. I get she’s most likely an absolute nightmare in real life but she makes good telly. She was being ridiculed to such an extent that even the voice over guy was having a pop, and it seems Jason broke ITV protocol and gave an interview where he described her as the worst of humanity. Sure she didn’t handle herself well but she had every right to confront him over that.

• Advertisement

I absolutely love the drama she creates, I don't want her to go because of it, but she was crap. I didn't hear/read a thing about her all week so didn't realise what had happened. Jason let himself down by selling stories about her. Tut tut, not very professional. She was right to say it. It has backfired on him by the looks of it. Looks like everyone's against him. Loved Holly's West Side Story comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Missed it on Sunday but just watched the clip where GC told the judge off.
    Nice to see him stuck for words for once anyway. :D

That's brilliant Retro! Hopefully we'll have more of it over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm no fan of Gemma and I do think she has been really unprofessional so far but I am glad she put Jason in his place. He's even more nasty than usual this year, I get that's his role but it makes for uncomfortable viewing at times. His scores have been absolutely ridiculous as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,173 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

She strikes me as the type of wan that would be livid watching himself and the professional skater hottie spending all that time together. Didn't one of the judges say they had great chemistry? Hard to see those two lasting anyway.

Any news on GC and Jason this week? Any behind the scene meltdowns?

Gwan Gemma!

OMG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

OMG!!

I know my heart!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Rfrip wrote: »
    I know my heart!!!!!

Yeah, I can't say I believe that wasn't deliberately done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Melody and Wes for the final :)

I still like Gemma :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

What a pain in the hoop Gemma Collins is. Always the victim. Always claiming to be the hardest working person in the room whilst doing f all.

What a pain in the hoop Gemma Collins is. Always the victim. Always claiming to be the hardest working person in the room whilst doing f all.
    Every week it's another five minutes of my life I won't get back.

Complete waste of time (and breath, on her part).

Matt deserves a sainthood for putting up with all that dramatics and emoting week after week.

Wes is brilliant. Melody's dance was a bit meh for me this week, didn't really get it. But no doubting she's good.

Saira while I admire her is getting a bit boring with the hanging on to Mark for dear life and spending 2/3 of each dance up in a lift.

Bryan is slowly calming down (a bit, anyway), nice to see him improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,224 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I absolutely love the people voting for Gemma :D

To be honest the best dancers tonight were Wes and James

Gemma is absolutely pants but she’s the only reason I’m watching :D

Gemma is absolutely pants but she’s the only reason I’m watching :D
    God she brings me out in a rash :mad:

And if she dares come out complaining or moaning next week after what happened Jayne this week..... (serious kudos to Jayne for dancing!)

Haven't got to James yet.

Saara's dance was great, not sure about Jason's 9, and she just doesn't seem to be attracting the public vote at all - a combination of being a furriner and maybe perceived to be a bit of a jockey?

Ah FFS :mad:

Gemma now taking places off people who are FAR better skaters. The joke's over, sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Gemma now taking places off people who are FAR better skaters. The joke's over, sunshine.

Unfortunately a significant number of idiots in the voting public will keep her there because they think her antics are funny. Personally I think anyone who finds her anything other than excruciating needs a transorbital lobotomy, but anyway.

There's a huge gulf after opening up between the good skaters and everyone else. James, Wes, Melody and - to a lesser extent - Saara might as well be in a different competition to everyone else (although I did feel like I must have watched a different performance from Saara last night than the judges, I thought she was very shaky). Out of the couples that were in the skate-off, Saira deserved to go. Jane will probably be next. Brian and Ryan are improving, but too slowly and I think they'll plateau soon. Gemma should never have been there in the first place, but I still think she'll quit before the public get around to voting her off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd say it's killing Gemma that she's still in, she never looks happy when her name is announced. She doesn't seem to be enjoying the competition at all

Advertisement