Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great Pottery Throw Down - BBC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Looking forward to this again..but without Sara Cox.....:(

I liked Melanie.... I never really warmed to Sara.

I enjoyed last nights episode. Although I do feel that they laboured alot of double meanings...one or two is fine after that it's try hard!

The young Cornwall guy is abit arrogant but that's youth. I don't think the older Cromwell guy will last too long.

Flea was very good. Though she has the potential to be a headmelt, early days could be proven wrong.

I loved Jacob's name stamp! His finished product was lovely I'd buy that design.

I think the person that went deserved to go. They didn't have the best run of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,830 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I liked Melanie.... I never really warmed to Sara.

I enjoyed last nights episode. Although I do feel that they laboured alot of double meanings...one or two is fine after that it's try hard!

The young Cornwall guy is abit arrogant but that's youth. I don't think the older Cromwell guy will last too long.

Flea was very good. Though she has the potential to be a headmelt, early days could be proven wrong.

I loved Jacob's name stamp! His finished product was lovely I'd buy that design.

I think the person that went deserved to go. They didn't have the best run of it.
    Love this show Kitt very lucky to stay.
    The set from the girl from northern Ireland was gorgeous very classy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'm in shock.....Keith..."12 tubes on a chess board..it's not good enough.."......and Kit goes through...wtf

Yeah Kit is annoying me, he's sending out an "I'm too good to be here vibe" while not being very good!

Once again loved Jacob's set.

I liked Flea's, I loved the colours she used!

Rosalind's was very good too.

Yeah Kit is annoying me, he's sending out an "I'm too good to be here vibe" while not being very good!

Once again loved Jacob's set.

I liked Flea's, I loved the colours she used!

Rosalind's was very good too.
    Loved this week as well, girl from northern Ireland was again very good.
    But Jacobs chess set wow!
    Flea was the one with the sea shells? It looked class maybe not practical though

• Advertisement

Yeah, Northern Ireland girl has gone black and white two weeks in a row now, so hoping next week she does something different.

Yeah Flea was the shells.

I'm hoping for Jacob in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The judges look like they've had more than enough of Kit by now. That was quite the look Keith gave him when he said "you'll see me next week"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    The judges look like they've had more than enough of Kit by now. That was quite the look Keith gave him when he said "you'll see me next week"!!

He is painful , way to cocky

Well he's rightly fked now!!!

At least the others managed to get their pieces into the kiln in one piece, whatever about out of it.....

I loved rainnas penguins!!

Matt is annoying me.

Was disappointed in Jacob, definitely not his week.

Delighted with who went!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Managed to catch up! Loved the penguins. Definitely time to go for that contestant. Same stuff each week.

I loved rainnas penguins!!

Matt is annoying me.

Was disappointed in Jacob, definitely not his week.

Delighted with who went!
    The penguins were stunning.
    I thought the elephants were brilliant as well.
    There is something a bit smug about Matt but he is undoubtedly talented.
    Kitt lucky to stay last week tbh, had to go this week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

These slip vases look complicated but the drawings are fabulous if any of them turn out!

They look fierce messy !

Fair play to Claire her vases were lovely.

Once again liked Jacob's and matt annoyed me.

The person leaving deserved to go. They've been close each week, just always someone slightly worse.

Fair play to Claire her vases were lovely.

Once again liked Jacob's and matt annoyed me.

The person leaving deserved to go. They've been close each week, just always someone slightly worse.
    Claire right winner for me, so talented.
    I thought Jacobs looked amazing he has some really striking ideas, the carving was very delicate looking, seemed to be fairly harsh on him.
    Leonard right person to go but Rainnas was messy.

I'd say it was a close call between Leonard and rainna, both had a disaster of a week.

I would say the fact rainna got Potter of the week last week and Leonard has always just managed to stay in swung it to rainnas favour.

Rosa is another one who is weak I think.

Double post, so deleted. Kinda.

I thought all the lamps this week looked amazing! I'd have paid money for any of them.

But agreed with the judges that Jacob's were outstanding.

I thought the remark that Claire's were like ones you'd find in a homewares store was a bit harsh! (even if it was a little bit true)

Some of them really didn't do themselves justice with the bare bulbs though.

Can anyone remember where Rosa is originally from? Trying to place her accent is driving me mad!

I'm going to call shenanigans on the fact that all of their lamps magically (sorry, by dint of sheer skill, obviously) fitted all the light fittings seamlessly. That just never happened.

Couldn't argue with the person sent home, they were beginning to annoy me for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, and had a bit of a mare of a session really.

I thought all the lamps this week looked amazing! I'd have paid money for any of them.

I thought the remark that Claire's were like ones you'd find in a homewares store was a bit harsh! (even if it was a little bit true)

Can anyone remember where Rosa is originally from? Trying to place her accent is driving me mad!

I'm going to call shenanigans on the fact that all of their lamps magically (sorry, by dint of sheer skill, obviously) fitted all the light fittings seamlessly. That just never happened.

Couldn't argue with the person sent home, they were beginning to annoy me for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, and had a bit of a mare of a session really.

Rosa is Danish , from Copenhagen

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/entertainment/the-great-pottery-throw-down-unveils-its-12-contestants-38830875.html

• Advertisement

Flea who nearly went last week had a bit of an emergency last week as well, so yeah probably due to go I thought Renaldo was lucky to stay though tbh.
    Rosa's middle challenge was adorable as well.
    Claire's were professional but a bit safe.
    I thought Rosaline might win this week the sheep were adorable!
    Jacob a good winner this week though.
    Love this show!

I think Ronaldo was very lucky Flea had a bad week. I liked the shape of her lamps, though putting the shells on was abit kitsch.

I think Rosa, rainna and Ronaldo are the weakest now.

Rosalind is abit of a dark horse I think, her sheep were lovely.

Once again Jacob pulled it out of the bag!

Rosalind would (does) drive me mad, but those sheep lamps were absolutely brilliant!

Rosalind would (does) drive me mad, but those sheep lamps were absolutely brilliant!

Her voice is abit fingernails on blackboard!

To be honest I think she's a real space cadet rather than a "ooh look at me I'm so out there" attention seeking space cadet, so I don't let her bother me too much.

I'd imagine she'd drive me insane though :)

Holy moly, that's some challenge they've set them this week :eek:

Wasn't overly pushed this week. Everyone looked so uncomfortable and the goosebumps on the models, jesus they must have been perished.

I think Rosalind is very gifted at sculpture.

Not liking Rosa I have to say.

Person who left definitely deserved to go, they've been close for weeks now.

Yeah, far from my favourite week either. I hope those models were well paid, standing naked for 8.5 hours :eek:

Nobody covered themselves in glory this time, potter of the week was more like least worst in the end.

If I was placing bets, it'd be on Claire I think - she seems to be rock steady, even on stuff she's not so comfortable with.

And I just love listening to Rosa, I adore her accent!

I hope the models were paid very very well . I actually enjoyed it this week watching the legs collapse and some of the figures were hilarious !! But I missed colour this week it was all a bit beige
    I found Rainna seriously irritating so was ok with the result .
    Rosilands daughter spoke like Rosiland and it made me laugh .
    I would like Rosa to win or Claire as the both seem very talented .

I think Rosa crying really irritated me. I know it's stressful and emotional but full tears screams sympathy and attention seeking especially in a competition.

Enjoyed matt having abit of a wobble, that took the wind out of his sails. Though him smashing the urn was funny, a shame though as it looked lovely.

I definitely think Claire for the final and hopefully Jacob.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed tonight's episode.

Matt deserved Potter of the week, but not a hope I'd have that fireplace in my house.

Rosalind's had lovely detail but thought the green glaze on every toke was very overpowering.

Liked Jacob's dragon.

Disappointed in claires.

It was very hard to judge who would go, but I do think the right person went.

Advertisement