Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dishonored 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of bring punished for killing people in the game. Being able to mix it up is what should make it fun.
    Is it the same for the sequel?

It's not a punishment it just changes the game, if you like the possession skill, rats are useful as hell to have around the place, as well as white rats being able to heal you with certain charms etc. Weepers can be used to distract and kill guards.

I don't like the idea of bring punished for killing people in the game. Being able to mix it up is what should make it fun.
    Is it the same for the sequel?

Ah you can play how you want , I like to play pure stealth no powers on my 1st run then go mad on the second but the game really is designed to have a mix and freedom and not an all or none approach like im doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm going to try and become a more 'stealthy' player when I start playing the game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is there a big difference between the story of Korvo and Emily and their interactions with NPCs ?

From early previews I was led to believe that there was little to no difference. This is a big sticking point for me with regards to buying the game.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is there a big difference between the story of Korvo and Emily and their interactions with NPCs ?

From early previews I was led to believe that there was little to no difference. This is a big sticking point for me with regards to buying the game.

Can't say at this point, I started as Emily so I really won't know until I start the second run. That said if Corvo has the same dialogue with certain people or thoughts (the character thinks to themselves at times) it would be completely stupid like when you
    get the heart in the void and characters you meet there
    that should be different for Corvo. Other parts such as people you meet and do optional quests for the dialogue wouldn't be that important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Can't say at this point, I started as Emily so I really won't know until I start the second run. That said if Corvo has the same dialogue with certain people or thoughts (the character thinks to themselves at times) it would be completely stupid like when you
    get the heart in the void and characters you meet there
    that should be different for Corvo. Other parts such as people you meet and do optional quests for the dialogue wouldn't be that important.

From what ive seen their Dialogue is completely different but they are speaking about the same circumstances,if you know what i mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

So so tempted this or Civ 6.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Pay attention to the PC issues. I have it but it's almost unplayable because it's so badly done. Will take a big patch to sort

I also have Civ 6. That is eminently playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Chalk and cheese

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

sweetie wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday, sitting in a parcelmotel locker a few hundred yards away right now!

I was referring to their "Free 5+ day Shipping to Ireland", they use a different courier for that. Hence why it's pretty much non existent to get that to Ireland anymore

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Chalk and cheese

Granted but still a hard choice, genre aside.

What would Sheldon Cooper do......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Granted but still a hard choice, genre aside.

What would Sheldon Cooper do......:P

One more click

Bazinga

Get Civ

58 beans in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dishonored 2. Full price...maybe get 20 hours max ?

Civ 6....prob get a 1000 hours or more....a game you're likely to come back to over the next 3 years or until Civ7 comes out.
    Dishonored 2 will have been on sale numerous times by that stage.

I also want both..but I'm gonna go for Civ6...and check in on Dishonored at Xmas sales

Yeah but I did absolutely love the 1st Dishonored game, and I have had a belly full of release games not working straight off the bat. So maybe I will take you advice young man and go for Civ and see how the issues play out on this one.

I'm about 10 hours in now and absolutely loving it. Chapter 4 and 5 have taken me about 2-3 hours each to stealth through and explore, they are huge and really are well designed. They both had a really well done angle for getting the target out of the way without killing them and in a way that made more sense that just killing them in cold blood, especially in chapter 4 as I had no powers and had to take a certain route that made the approach more difficult
    there were two clockworks guarding him and he knew I was coming right from when I entered as I had to pull a switch to get in
    and a really heart in the mouth moment when after 45 minutes of trying to get him clean without being seen I grabbed him and jumped off a balcony with his body.

Exploration is really rewarded in terms of hidden path that make getting around easier.

If I had opted for powers I'd say I'd be getting through this in half the time or less, without them it's a nice challenge without being overly frustrating and usually when things go wrong it's my fault for being careless or impatient.

What do you mean by powers? Is there two upgrade paths?
    I will start my play-through after the match later this evening. Looking forward to it.

What do you mean by powers? Is there two upgrade paths?
    I will start my play-through after the match later this evening. Looking forward to it.

First game had powers like Possession, Time Freeze, Teleport, Double Jump, that see through walls vision thing, all optional, you find items to unlock them, you can pick any you like. You're not locked into any upgrade paths.

First game had powers like Possession, Time Freeze, Teleport, Double Jump, that see through walls vision thing, all optional, you find items to unlock them, you can pick any you like. You're not locked into any upgrade paths.

Thanks man. I can barely remember the first game even though I completed it.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry I didn't realise you had played it, that's the gist though, lots of options on what tools and powers to bring, and lots of paths through levels, presuming this is similar

Yeah and the powers are different for the two characters I believe Emily's are geared to stealth I say I believe as I can't even see the powers menu after opting out at the start, this stops me saying F it and using them when the going gets tough :D

There is also bone crafting but I seem to be locked out of that too so that must be a power. Pretty much all the ones I've found are geared to combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

As long as the bone charm that allowed you to regen mana by drinking water from taps makes a comeback it's all grand.
    Swarms of rats for everyone!

As long as the bone charm that allowed you to regen mana by drinking water from taps makes a comeback it's all grand.
    Swarms of rats for everyone!

Most useful one for me so far was one that stops
    the dogs smelling you
    there aren't that many in the game so far but the ones that I've seen were in bad spots where you have enough to be dealing with already.

Best bit of the game so far, massive spoilers
    In mission 6 you have to crack a lock to a house, to get the code you have to deliver the body of one of the leaders of a rival gang to the other gang, while you have the body you are free to roam around their territory and rob them blind and just not give them the body, I subdued one of them so he's just unconscious and I'll drop him back to his own turf later so won't affect my no kills run
    :D

To be honest though actually getting to the
    Gang leader was
    surprising easy with stealth and no powers for this stage of the game. A lot easier than I felt it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Yeah but I did absolutely love the 1st Dishonored game, and I have had a belly full of release games not working straight off the bat. So maybe I will take you advice young man and go for Civ and see how the issues play out on this one.

There's a patch for the PC coming in the next few days. I'm hoping that it improves it to the point of playability

Technically it's very disappointing on the Xbox one.
    It's got this horrible blurr that's really jarring.
    I could only play an hour or so and had to take a break.
    I'm playing on the one s with 4k TV
    Textures are so muddy looking and the framerate is poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

are there still issues with the PC version?

Technically it's very disappointing on the Xbox one.
    It's got this horrible blurr that's really jarring.
    I could only play an hour or so and had to take a break.
    I'm playing on the one s with 4k TV
    Textures are so muddy looking and the framerate is poor

No issues with frame rates myself, the blur was only really a noticeable issue in the 'hub' areas where it had this kind of forgot to wear your glass thing happening down the middle of the screen at times. I get the painted look they are going for and to an extent I've stopped noticing but the lack of definition in the textures is poor, I'd imagine it's highlighted even more to you on a large 4k panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Did the retail copies of this come with the first game or just digital ones?

Advertisement