Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dying Light

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah that's a possibility alright. Decisions decisions!!

Playing offline is actually a good idea to overcome the issue. Just out of interest, if you go to the full game on the store, does it show as purchased for you?

it just says start under the box in the store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

biggebruv wrote: »
    it just says start under the box in the store

Ah you are sorted so i'd say! Congrats, a nice bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Benzino wrote: »
    Ah you are sorted so i'd say! Congrats, a nice bargain!

tis I was prepared to pay the 70 tomorrow on our store so chuffed

the 4 week wait till retail was a kick in the nuts when Iv nothing really to play

glad I was free today if this happened tomorrow id have been screwed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Anyone know when this unlocks on xbox one.i thought it was 12 tonight but the store still says the 30th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Played it for a couple of hours last night on PS4 and I'm enjoying it more than I did Dead Island.

It's hard to get a proper understanding of how the game mechanics really works as I'm only Level 3 at moment so quite limited in what I can do! I do really like the fact that you level up your agility and strength just by using them. The parkour works well though it's tricky to master but in that regard it does remind me a lot like Mirrors Edge so I'm looking forward to seeing how things change once I level up.

I've only had a few minutes at night so far but that was still part of the prologue so fairly hand held but still left me the dread of heading out there again!

My main issue with the game so far is the controls i.e. R1 to Jump, R2 to swing, L1 to Kick and L2 inventory but I can see why they have done it like this. I think once I've played the game for a while, it'll come naturally to me. I did try to switch them around but that ended up with me throwing fireworks instead of kicking :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Played 3 hours of it there with some mates in Co-op, great craic! Hopefully have a video of it soon for guys that are still undecided :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Played 3 hours of it there with some mates in Co-op, great craic! Hopefully have a video of it soon for guys that are still undecided :)

Ah I was always sold on this game, stuck in work this morning couldn't take advantage of the game stop gas.

Looking forward to getting this though especially after reading people's comments here and on reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

fyi avoid on pc its nearly unplayable :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,034 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Lone Stone wrote: »
    fyi avoid on pc its nearly unplayable :mad:

I'm playing on PC without issues. The closest to a problem I had was a slight shimmering due to the in-game anti-aliasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anyone having problems downloading it on ps4?

I bought it this morning from my phone and it downloaded with no issues to my primary ps4 but I signed in to my sons ps4 to try download it for him but it doesn't seem to be their at all from the store on the computer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

PC folks if you're having stuttering issues when you move or turn, but FPS is fine when looking at the same scene without moving, and you have less than a 4G VRAM card then try turning the texture quality down. The game can eat up to 3.5GB of VRAM. I have a 690 and it has no problem with the raw processing but it was obvious that the stuttering was texture loading/unloading with it's behaviour, a few other folks on the Steam forum have verified this.

Now I know the texture visual quality itself does not seem like it should require any more than existing <2Gb games but they haven't bothered optimising it since the current gen consoles can access 4GB min.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Spear wrote: »
    I'm playing on PC without issues. The closest to a problem I had was a slight shimmering due to the in-game anti-aliasing.

Same I've had zero issues on PC so far, running everything maxed out & recording. Watching TotalBiscuit's vid this morning though it seems you can get huge performance increases from lowering the view distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Running great for me so far on my R9 270 at 1080p and settings at high, view distance is set to midway but haven't really toyed with that setting yet. I've read around people with much better specs than mine having serious fps issues though.

Didn't get to play a lot of it last night so will hopefully get a proper go tonight.

yeah well ive had nothing but issues with it, the fps is all over the place, even with all the graphics options turned off the fps is very random for me, any cut scenes give me a frozen frame but the audio plays then it goes back to start of the cut scene and plays the scene in a weird choppy framed way. I put the view distance bar right down to zero and its ok for moving around in game now but still the same with the cut scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The kid is having issues running at anything that resembles playable.

Havent tried it on my pc yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lol, I got a bit further and hit the same wall as everyone else now, completely unplayable and not in the sense of the odd stutter, some pretty heavy and drastic stalls. So much for my "running great" statement :pac:

Turned everything down to minimum but still very heavy fps loss, standing still is fine though.

Will probably have to wait for patch, this was the same shít with FarCry 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Will probably have to wait for patch.

I wonder how many times this sentence will be used this generation.:(

I'm becoming disillusioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Where did PC players buy it from? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Is this available on ps4? Can't see it anywhere on store even when I search.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Nolars wrote: »
    Where did PC players buy it from? Thanks

the Torrent store :pac:

• Advertisement

kingtiger wrote: »
    the Torrent store :pac:

no thanks, cheapest I've seen it is 30 anyone else get cheaper?

i got it on steam dam you compulsive buying ! then today i got a mail got green man gaming selling it for 35 or something so yeah 30 is a great price.

Managed to get mine going ok now just putting draw distance down completely seems to have fixed most of the fps issues for me.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i got it on steam dam you compulsive buying ! then today i got a mail got green man gaming selling it for 35 or something so yeah 30 is a great price.

Managed to get mine going ok now just putting draw distance down completely seems to have fixed most of the fps issues for me.

what GPU ya rocking?

Ps4, just played an hour of it, really happy with it so far, still on the tutorial missions and it is getting dark lol not looking forward to this haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Gandalph wrote: »

Not out in Europe yet (think Friday). I got mine from the US store.

Not out in Europe yet (think Friday). I got mine from the US store.

I bought mine from Irish store, on 28th and was able to play on 28th

Nolars wrote: »
    what GPU ya rocking?

GeForce gtx 670
    intel core i7 8gb ram cant remember which type of ram i got in this

Anyhow it seems to running fine now oddly, that view distance is a real performance killer, games fun its like a less goofy dead island.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Will probably have to wait for patch, this was the same shít with FarCry 4.
    Pac1Man wrote: »
    I wonder how many times this sentence will be used this generation.:(

I'm becoming disillusioned.

Indeed. We might have to rename ourselves from Master race to Patch Race. Nothing seems to work at 1.0 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's running great on PC for me, though I do have a new machine. I'm quite enjoying it, though I'm only really just past the prologue. I hadn't a clue what was going on in my fist night section when the agile feckers (no idea what their name is yet) started chasing me down. It wasn't until I died and had to do it over that I realised they had vision cones and I had to sneak past them. It's pretty cool the sense of panic you get from trying to evade them.

Just a couple of questions for those who played more than me:

1) When I go into my inventory it tells me it's backpack 4/4. Am I being stupid and this is just the amount of weapons I can have, and I've filled all 4 spaces, or are there several backpacks? It doesn't explain it in game, so had me wondering.

2) are you safe to land on any blue area, when you jump from a height? Or is it just the rubbish bags?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Gandalph wrote: »

It's there!

Dying-light

But buy it on the US PSN, way cheaper, and you can still play it on your own account.

Advertisement