Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Amazing Race AU

• 29-10-2019 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭

Started last night. Seems pretty good! Some pretty poor teams though. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

That's for tonight's viewing cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭pooch90

Oh brilliant! Will check it out tonight. Serious reality tv withdrawal with just Survivor and The Challenge on the go at the minute!

Enjoyed the 2 episodes. Glad the 1st 2 went but sorry to see the 2nd pair - they were looking to be a good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 5 started this week (3 episodes out already).
    Good so far!

Oh yay!! Thanks for sharing this.

• Advertisement

Loving it. Dont have a favourite yet Although I like the cousins. Cant bear the couple, holly and her boyfriend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Is this on 'over here' or do I need to look to other sources?

Other sources. It's only in Australia.

This is a great show, I'm really enjoying it.
    I think there would be uproar if they added another team mid-game in the US version. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Tempted to give it a go but am a little put off by the fact that it's a super sized season (which in the world of Australian Reality TV must mean it'll be ridiculously long) and I'm not quire sure if local seasons of Amazing Race appeal to me that much (Canadian AR didn't do it for me).

• Advertisement

Ah it's worth it. Lots of drama and some of the challenges are great (better than the US version).

I don't know how many episodes there will be, but 9 have aired.

There are 8 teams left (for now) so I predict about 18 or 21 episodes in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I saw that there are 24 legs which seems a little OTT so that's a big reason as to why I decided to pass (for now).

Ah OK, didn't know that. Then it'll be 24 episodes. :)

Watch the first 3 and see if it clicks with you.

Im really enjoying it so far. Amazing sights of Australia that I have never seen before. I guess you really only know the 'touristy' bits so its good to see little towns etc.

We are about 9 episodes in. Enjoying it so far. Dolor is a dose! New team are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Sad seeing Shane and Debbie leave with injury. Not really rooting for anyone though I do like Skye Blue and Jake. Shes so tough and I like the way she has stopped to help teams that were in trouble.

Dolor is something else! Wonder when they watch it does she get some cop on and dump him:)

Looking forward to the finale now. I like all of the groups that are left but hope
    the girls
    pull out the win. Was rooting for
    Chris and Aleisha
    to be eliminated for ages so delighted they are actually gone now!

Didnt read your spoilers Pooch but I would bet I agree :). Will find out on sunday!

Is the final on Sunday? It seems like the last 3 or 4 episodes have kind of dragged it out a bit too long. I normally love the longer seasons the Aussies tend to do.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Is the final on Sunday? It seems like the last 3 or 4 episodes have kind of dragged it out a bit too long. I normally love the longer seasons the Aussies tend to do.

Yep last one. They seemed to have an unnecessary amount of non elimination rounds, particularly the last one, which seemed to be aimed at dragging it out. Nothing else on tv I guess!

• Advertisement

Oh great, was too scared to Google the dates in case I saw who won! Yeah definitely too many non elimination and I didn't like the Save/Salvage/First Class Pass twist this year either.

I thought the season was great overall. Best race season I've seen in years (including the US version).

Looking forward to the finale. Hope the girls win!

Mr E wrote: »
    I thought the season was great overall. Best race season I've seen in years (including the US version).

Looking forward to the finale. Hope the girls win!

Noooooooo! The cowboys ðŸ˜

Happy with the winners but I'd have been happy with any of them tbh. Bit gutted for
    the girls
    though. It didn't look that close at the very end when they hit the mat. Didn't miss the foreign travel one bit, whereas in Canadian AR I find it dull. I guess because of the diverse landscape of Oz maybe. Think it could have been maybe 3 episodes shorter.

Now what do I watch??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I really enjoyed this except it was a few episodes too long with too many non-elimination legs. I was delighted that the 2 stowaway teams didn't make the final. It was really unfair to allow teams to join mid-way through the season.

Advertisement