22-02-2021, 22:07   #811
alan partridge aha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galwayguy35 View Post
And the son as well, when he had his own bags done he came back to take one off his sister and dad.
Ya one thing on that, I thought I heard Daragh say everyone had to take at least 1 bag, well the son took 1 of the sister and then she had none. I know it was near the top but I would have assumed you needed to bring it yourself all the way.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
23-02-2021, 09:45   #812
ThunbergsAreGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan partridge aha View Post
Ya one thing on that, I thought I heard Daragh say everyone had to take at least 1 bag, well the son took 1 of the sister and then she had none. I know it was near the top but I would have assumed you needed to bring it yourself all the way.
We had the same thought. Reckon he just meant there is no way anyone could carry three.
23-02-2021, 11:55   #813
josip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunbergsAreGo View Post
We had the same thought. Reckon he just meant there is no way anyone could carry three.

No, but if the O'Mahonys were doing it the 3 sons could carry 2 each and the mother would have a free run.
I took it that each family member has to carry at least 1 all the way.
23-02-2021, 11:58   #814
Water John

I thought the same, the commentator definitely said it whether it was an actual rule, we don't know.
Well Davy owns the show, who going to have the nerve to tell him his team is disqualified? Wouldn't like it to happen anyway.
23-02-2021, 12:10   #815
josip

Back home-schooling this week.
Whenever attention levels drop I use Davy's voice, "COME ONNN, COME ONNNN, FINISH IT !!!"
It's very effective for the short term, but loses its effectiveness over the medium and long term.
The Derval approach works better for actual teaching and getting something across.
When they finally 'get' something, it's Donncha-levels of glee and celebration.
Advertisement
23-02-2021, 12:13   #816
franciscanpunk

TBH that Davey rubbish of they won't be laughing at us again rots me.

I completely understand why he does it great motivation and been used in sporting circles as long as thier has been competitions.Been in many dressing rooms where we made up people had 'written us off' stuff for motivation, where in reality nobody had written us off or cared who won given the low level we were playing at!

I didnt think it was that type of show though, it was about families coming together, Davey seemed to think it was the Munster final
Thanks from:
24-02-2021, 21:51   #817
gmisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by josip View Post
Back home-schooling this week.
Whenever attention levels drop I use Davy's voice, "COME ONNN, COME ONNNN, FINISH IT !!!"
It's very effective for the short term, but loses its effectiveness over the medium and long term.
The Derval approach works better for actual teaching and getting something across.
When they finally 'get' something, it's Donncha-levels of glee and celebration.
You should copy Donncha for the laugh.

"COME ON TYSIEEEE!!!"
"DOG IT!!!!!"

Last edited by gmisk; 24-02-2021 at 21:59.
(2) thanks from:
24-02-2021, 22:44   #818
JoeExotic81

Hell for leather!!

Great series. I wish they'd do away with hang tough, I generally forward through that. There were so many tight eliminators this year. I thought that Ruth Allen was the weak link but jaysus she was epic in the lake race. You normally have favourites but all three of the finalists were really likeable, even the ultra competitive mammy Mahoney!
(3) thanks from:
24-02-2021, 22:46   #819
IrishLad90

Great show.
Loved the one where they clung upside down on the logs and dearbh keeps the guy up there for the guts of an hour
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-02-2021, 20:16   #820
Loyal Lady

Really enjoying tonight’s show looking back over the 8 seasons to date.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion