Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Davey is the best one!

Yeah the only manager among them in the day to day and it shows. Tipp family looked impressive tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Challenges are still super tough, but I think I still preferred the ones from last series.

I find it a bit hard going watching each of the teams go through the first challenge. Would be much more exciting if they all done it at same time and could see the others.

Challenges are still super tough, but I think I still preferred the ones from last series.

I find it a bit hard going watching each of the teams go through the first challenge. Would be much more exciting if they all done it at same time and could see the others.

With 16 teams that would just be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

pjohnson wrote: »
    Lads twice his age cant do it that easy at the first attempt.

They were fcuked when they lost the da.
    What happened to there Dad? I missed that bit and was wondering why there was only 3 team members on each team at the eliminator.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,078 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

AMKC wrote: »
    What happened to there Dad? I missed that bit and was wondering why there was only 3 team members on each team at the eliminator.

He did his hamstring coming down for his lap of the relay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Did anyone else notice Paddy's head camera get caught in the net? Not saying it made a difference to the outcome but definately slowed them down. They were quite close until that point.
    Not the first time it's happened to contestants either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Trampas

A few on wall who went early were squatting while others still going. Last thing you’d be doing is a squat. Some mental weakness,

Some big jumps over the bales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

I’m enjoying this more than I expected. That back against the wall challenge - My father thought they were sitting on something lol They were all fairly flinging themselves over the straw bales. Fair dues to them all. Davy my favourite coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,239 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Just watched it there, young Paddy was the star of the show.

Lads a lot taller and stronger have struggled on the ramp and he did it like a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Odeta wrote: »
    Good girl Aoife!

Thought she was going to go early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thats a serious time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

This is a great event !

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Poor Leah. This should suit Katie as she likes gymnastics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I wonder is it easier to balance with feet facing the end of the log or perpendicular to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

On the whole, this entertainment show is harmless enough and a bit of fun, howeever......

It promotes an impression that 'coaching' is basically roaring at lads and geeing them on.

It isn't, or at least it shouldn't be. However, increasingly, go to an underage GAA or soccer game and you'll see some lad leaping around roaring at kids and referees like Davy and to a lesser extent Donnacha does. It's a lot of things, but it ain't 'coaching'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I wonder is it easier to balance with feet facing the end of the log or perpendicular to it?

Perpendicular I would have thought as the arch of your foot fits the curve of the log a lot better than facing forward. I actually thought the ref was going to say its against the rules but they must not have thought of someone doing it sideways, it did give her an advantage

I think the Doyle’s are the strongest team we’ve seen yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think the Doyle’s are the strongest team we’ve seen yet

Extremely impressive.

Pity about the early exit for the green and red tonight.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Extremely impressive.

Pity about the early exit for the green and red tonight.

Ya needed longer from the girl but if she’s not great on heights it was nearly impossible to do well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,282 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

On the whole, this entertainment show is harmless enough and a bit of fun, howeever......

It promotes an impression that 'coaching' is basically roaring at lads and geeing them on.

It isn't, or at least it shouldn't be. However, increasingly, go to an underage GAA or soccer game and you'll see some lad leaping around roaring at kids and referees like Davy and to a lesser extent Donnacha does. It's a lot of things, but it ain't 'coaching'

It was interesting to see the different approach from Derval, much more supportive and less judgy. Donncha really lost it last night. I've never seen any coach get sweary before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Watching this here, does anyone else think that those sandbags in the forest weigh a lot less than 20kg?? They're launching them over the logs and carrying 4 at once...carrying 40kg in 1 hand with kind of grip is no joke!

If they are 20kg....fair fcuks!

Edit: 1 lad is carrying 6 now...120kg! Not buying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

paulieeye wrote: »
    Watching this here, does anyone else think that those sandbags in the forest weigh a lot less than 20kg?? They're launching them over the logs and carrying 4 at once...carrying 40kg in 1 hand with kind of grip is no joke!

If they are 20kg....fair fcuks!

Edit: 1 lad is carrying 6 now...120kg! Not buying it!

Thought the same. A 40kg lift with one hand over a beam in constant repetition is good going!

The McDonagh's said the bags were alot heavier than they expected so I'd say its a solid weight in each.

Felt sorry for the wife who couldn't climb the bale during the relay race, I'd say that was a frosty house for a few days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

This is a great event. Enjoying it
    Anna’s family were fantastic at that

Having two girls on the team for events like this seems to be a big disadvantage.
    Very thick poles didn't help those young girls get wrapped around.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Having two girls on the team for events like this seems to be a big disadvantage.
    Very thick poles didn't help those young girls get wrapped around.

If you cant lock the ankles you're essentially holding on with just your arms. And what's with having to stay in the water after it??? Let them out

Without having seen the others I think the Kelly's will go home purely due to the combination not being one which is needed to succeed.

The 2 lads in the first family done really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Donnacha very soothing from the sideline

I love Davy but he would drive me mad from the sideline with all his shouting.

• Advertisement

Tall family here so should do okay.

Advertisement