Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jack Gleeson

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've only been to 1 comic con, here in Dublin. There were maybe 6 celebs with signing tables, all fairly busy, a couple absolutely rammed. However, Kevin Sorbo had literally no one at this table pretty much the entire time. We even heard staff talking about how he was really pissed about it and was being a bit arsey with staff. It was a little depressing seeing his empty line next to one that had a massive queue constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So about €12k a year after tax? That's hardly lucrative considering what he could have done after GoT.

Some Ex Ireland rugby and GAA players get that for one afternoon speech in Dublin. So travelling across the world for 4 days at a time, 6x a year just for €12k is crap money.

Especially given how depressing some of these conventions are, if you've ever been to one you'd know. Participants seem sad and desperate for cash, it's very depressing.

There's not a GAA player out there, ex or otherwise, making 12k for an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Bambi wrote: »
    There's not a GAA player out there, ex or otherwise, making 12k for an appearance

I know that's not right as I've paid invoices for them.

Sht-got-serious-Ohhhh-Meme.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Yeah?

Not according to this article dated June this year.
    The extraordinary success enjoyed by the Dublin footballers since 2011 has sent the players' earning power soaring to levels never previously seen in the history of the GAA with as much as €6,000 for a single promotional appearance, depending on the player and the company involved.

Who have you paid 12k for?

• Advertisement

tenor.gif

....... wrote: »
    Yeah?

Not according to this article dated June this year.

Who have you paid 12k for?

Well I know what I've paid through the company I work so I don't care what a news article says. Maybe we have loads of money and we overpay I don't know or care.

I'm obviously not going to call out player fees publicly.

The rugby players are paid more than GAA football/hurling players - or in my company's case anyway.

I think my point remains though - €12k a year after tax is hardly lucrative considering what he could have done after GoT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Well I know what I've paid through the company I work so I don't care what a news article says. Maybe we have loads of money and we overpay I don't know or care.

I'm obviously not going to call out player fees publicly.

The rugby players are paid more than GAA football/hurling players - or in my company's case anyway.

Im not disputing you - certainly not on the basis of one article.

But Id be interested to know who you paid that much for - even the county.

I mean, you actually have called out player fees publicly here, which is why I am curious about it.

I personally wouldnt have thought a GAA player would command even 2k for a personal appearance, so your 12k comment really surprised me.

....... wrote: »
    Im not disputing you - certainly not on the basis of one article.

But Id be interested to know who you paid that much for - even the county.

I mean, you actually have called out player fees publicly here, which is why I am curious about it.

I personally wouldnt have thought a GAA player would command even 2k for a personal appearance, so your 12k comment really surprised me.

Well I'm not going to say so lets just stick to the topic at hand :p

If it helps you the 12k was just one GAA player once, other times we paid 12k was rugby players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

So about €12k a year after tax? That's hardly lucrative considering what he could have done after GoT.

Some Ex Ireland rugby and GAA players get that for one afternoon speech in Dublin. So travelling across the world for 4 days at a time, 6x a year just for €12k is crap money.

Especially given how depressing some of these conventions are, if you've ever been to one you'd know. Participants seem sad and desperate for cash, it's very depressing.

Sorry he quoted earnings of about 30k. How will that become 12k after tax? Is there some super 75% tax rate on autographs?

• Advertisement

dirtyden wrote: »
    Sorry he quoted earnings of about 30k. How will that become 12k after tax? Is there some super 75% tax rate on autographs?

I think we're getting off the point here :rolleyes:

He quoted usd$30k.

I took tax @ 50% and converted to € euro.

Does it really matter fvcks sake :cool:

Advertisement