Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DayZ on Xbox

• 13-09-2019 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I had a search and couldn't find any thread on this, I always watched people play DayZ on there PC's. Now that its on Xbox and after an update what are people opinions on it. I waited for so long for this and the bugs don't bother me too much as I know people are working on the issues, I don't like the fact the Xbox community is just shoot on site, I wish there was a bit more interaction with others like it seems to be on PC.

Thoughts ? and does anyone know of any good Irish servers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

not sure if there's a newer thread but I couldn't find one.
    There's been a big increase in dayz users since it was added to Gamepass so its getting very popular again.
    I've played this back in its arma2 mod days and its hardly changed really but I'm really enjoying it now and having to look up the tips again.
    I'm on 3930 (server) with a mate , apparently there's 2 groups of bandits but they're easy to avoid really.
    Use iZurzive map app on ios/android or the website...its brilliant and you can create groups, add players to those groups and mark your spots etc and other players can see it.
    It was always going to be shoot on sight for new players starting off again as that's what they're used to ..but more and more players are now engaging first/chat etc/

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I think it's brilliant, there's a lot of bugs but i still enjoy the game. The one thing that does annoy me though is that it's basically kos, i understand people will say it's part of the game but it's pretty much every player is kos, i just wish more people would interact, thankfully i ran into one guy on his own that actually didn't try to kill me, we play together now and the game is so much better playing with someone.

yeah I met some guys who tried to kill me etc but they were nearly all people who just spawned etc.
    I met another lad way up north in the wilderness as it turned out i was in his cabin trying to remember how to light a fire and he was dead on. Lit the fire for me, gave me an SVD and NVG goggles etc but we lost each other then afterwards as we were only using in game chat.
    Another lad gave me loads of tips etc so its good to see that side too.
    Maybe we should have a boards discord channel or xbox group for whoever is playing it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I was playing on the DOTD Community server today, i was going across to loot a house when a player comes up behind with a gun pointing at my, tells me to put my hands up and he ties me up, was talking to him and he asked if i was from Ireland? 🀣 He was too, he let me go gave me a bottle of water and a few other bits 🀣🀣

mixed up wrote: »
    I was playing on the DOTD Community server today, i was going across to loot a house when a player comes up behind with a gun pointing at my, tells me to put my hands up and he ties me up, was talking to him and he asked if i was from Ireland? 🀣 He was too, he let me go gave me a bottle of water and a few other bits 🀣🀣

I must definitely check out community servers.

• Advertisement

Just in case anyone fancies this there's 3 of us who be on sever 3930 . 2 of the chaps are new to dayz and we've just got ourselves a nice little base just for starting out etc.
    We've a few airfield raids but now starting to branch out ie get a car, there was a US clan who were duping up north so we're going to see if we can find them etc and take them out.
    I'm Airblazer on xbox..

For anyone interested we've set up a Dayz server (Frankfurt DE).

Server Name : Dayz Core - Loot+ at Military, x4 helicopters.

Its basically replicating the official servers with just a few changes.
    Days are 4 hours, nights are 1 hour approx.
    Helis have been increased to 4 times the normal amount. So that's 12 or 16 helis. Still just a small amount when you consider how many heli sites they can potentially spawn at.
    We've doubled most of the lower tier guns or close to double etc but ammo spawns are still the game so people can't really go spraying and praying at the moment.
    All guns will spawn with mags but the number of bullets in them are random. The guns with internal mags however we haven't touched. (need to research this part)
    Introduced giftboxes...just randomly spawn with stuff like ammo or nails, batteries etc.
    Increased number of compasses generated from 70 to 120.
    Double the number of knives generated to give you a better chance to get food etc.

So basically its still tough to survive but the zombies and players are the bigger threat now.
    Also to combat the dupers we increased the AR rifles by x2 but now held guns are no longer counted when spawned.
    Official limit for example M4A1 to 10 and that includes any that are buried, hoarded or on a player or on the map. So if dupers had 8 M4s only 2 would ever respawn.
    We've increased the limit to eg 20 and it only counts what's M4s are presently on the map. So it basically makes duping pointless really.
    Our aim is people will spawn and either fight or cooperate for resources and if they want to gear up they have to hit military checkpoints or find heli crash sites.
    For those geared players who no doubt will try and kill the fresh spawns they know that there's a good chance that the fresh spawns are lightly armed but still a much bigger threat now to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

How are the first few days of your server, are there many logging on everyday ? I haven't played dayz in months now because of warzone and i got fed up with no real interaction just KOS which really annoyed me to the point i just gave up. I might go back this weekend and see is it still as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Mrnew wrote: »
    How are the first few days of your server, are there many logging on everyday ? I haven't played dayz in months now because of warzone and i got fed up with no real interaction just KOS which really annoyed me to the point i just gave up. I might go back this weekend and see is it still as bad.

Even on community servers with rules against KOS, it still happens.
    As much as I'd like to have interaction with people, it doesn't seem to ever go well unless I'm a complete new spawn.
    Once someone is fully geared, they don't take risks or they'll die.

I enjoy playing DayZ but it's still a buggy mess in places.
    And it's only fun if you are teaming up with people in my experience.
    Running solo is boring as hell.

@Blazer it might be hard to get a community server up and going, I've seen a lot of new servers die quickly.
    Have you a discord set up for the server?

Mrnew wrote: »

WE're getting a few on now.
    We've about 8-10 regulars on through various times and during the night we see about 10 more coming in from the US I imagine.

• Advertisement

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Even on community servers with rules against KOS, it still happens.
    As much as I'd like to have interaction with people, it doesn't seem to ever go well unless I'm a complete new spawn.
    Once someone is fully geared, they don't take risks or they'll die.

I enjoy playing DayZ but it's still a buggy mess in places.
    And it's only fun if you are teaming up with people in my experience.
    Running solo is boring as hell.

@Blazer it might be hard to get a community server up and going, I've seen a lot of new servers die quickly.
    Have you a discord set up for the server?

yeah I have a discord set up.
    Said we would play it by ear.
    I much prefer official mode but the dupers make it impossible to compete across the map.
    https://discord.gg/dutnmJE

If it works out it works out otherwise I'm not too pushed.
    Its one of the reasons I'm keeping it as close to vanilla as possible. I don't want to be spending my whole time adminning. I done enough of that back in my battlefield days.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mrnew

Blazer wrote: »
    yeah I have a discord set up.
    Said we would play it by ear.
    I much prefer official mode but the dupers make it impossible to compete across the map.
    https://discord.gg/dutnmJE

If it works out it works out otherwise I'm not too pushed.
    Its one of the reasons I'm keeping it as close to vanilla as possible. I don't want to be spending my whole time adminning. I done enough of that back in my battlefield days.

I'm going away for a few days but installed the most recent update yesterday so when I'm back im going to jump on and see how it is

Advertisement