Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Defunct is only 99c on the Eshop right now, just downloading as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Defunct is only 99c on the Eshop right now, just downloading as we speak

any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reviews are positive, but it's very short.

Mr E wrote: »
    Reviews are positive, but it's very short.

Probably worth a punt at the price. I can use up my Gold coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

I saw wargroove is only 9 or so euro on the e shop sale?

Anyone get this? Any good ? enjoyed into the breach , felt it was perfect for the switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

If you liked the play style of advanced wars or fire emblem then you'll enjoy it. Great turn based strategy game

rejkin wrote: »
    If you liked the play style of advanced wars or fire emblem then you'll enjoy it. Great turn based strategy game

Loved advance wars as a kid and looking forward to getting Fire emblem three houses at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mrcheez wrote: »
    any good?

It's like a 3D Tiny Wings, crossed with a 3D platformer.... and a dash of Portal

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's like a 3D Tiny Wings, crossed with a 3D platformer.... and a dash of Portal

Looks like sonic the hedgehog to me.

Bought it...and Celeste

Good times ahead...I've bought 6 Switch games already and have only owned it for 3 days... I can see where this is going.

• Advertisement

Be in no doubt, Celeste is incredibly good

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rusdeol77

Does anyone have any advice on what the best price I can expect to get a new Switch for between now and Christmas? My 10 year old is looking for one and I don't know much about them, so just looking around at prices now. Best price I can see right now is 305, but I'm wondering if there might be any offers on for black Friday or something like that? Or if it's better to buy it as a bundle with a game or two. Also, are there any extra accessories I should by buying with it, or is everything he might need included in the box? Thanks in advance.

€305? Best price I can see for the Switch Lite on its own is €229:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=switch+lite

Bound to be some juicy deals for Black Friday. Extras needed for it would probably be a micro SD and a subscription to the Switch online service. I'm in the same boat as you as I'm looking for a good deal on a Switch Lite and Link's Awakening and I don't know too much about Nintendo stuff. Hopefully there will be a few more replies....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 rusdeol77

€305? Best price I can see for the Switch Lite on its own is €229:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/search/?text=switch+lite

Bound to be some juicy deals for Black Friday. Extras needed for it would probably be a micro SD and a subscription to the Switch online service. I'm in the same boat as you as I'm looking for a good deal on a Switch Lite and Link's Awakening and I don't know too much about Nintendo stuff. Hopefully there will be a few more replies....

Thanks, sorry should have said it's the standard Switch I'm looking at, not the Lite version. Have the SD card on my list, as well as a screen protector. Just wasn't sure if I need to get anything else, as there seem to be all sorts of things available on Smyths website! Hopefully there will be some bargains to be had on Black Friday.

Ah right...well you probably know this but just in case I should tell you there's the version that came out a couple of years ago and a new improved version with better battery life for example.

May I ask where you are seeing it for €305 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sugarman wrote: »
    I spotted the new version for €292 on Amazon France earlier, not bad if you dont mind using a converter on the charger / already own one.
    I find amazon France and Italy, sometimes Germany much cheaper.

Amazon Italy just had it on sale for €265 last week. Maybe hold out a little while. There may be more flash reductions before the next big sale.
    There is a store in France selling 30 units in each store for €149 on 14th October. But good luck trying to get that unless you know somebody near a less popular store, or are over there yourself.
    I bought my first switch for €249 from amazon France + €15 delivery. Used a 2pin to 3 pin plug converter until I traded it last week.
    They are also available on sale for cheap from eglobalcentral, but personally I wouldn't buy from there, just my personal choice.

Guys what about the Switch Lite? I mainly want it at the moment for Link's Awakening so is Smyths at €265 for the Switch and game the best deal around?

Guys what about the Switch Lite? I mainly want it at the moment for Link's Awakening so is Smyths at €265 for the Switch and game the best deal around?
    Roughly €10 cheaper from amazon, but quicker in smyths maybe.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07V5JJHK4
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Awakening-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07QZFLVM7/

Thought I saw mention of Currys doing a deal, but not sure. Could be back on this thread.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Suckit wrote: »
    Roughly €10 cheaper from amazon, but quicker in smyths maybe.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07V5JJHK4
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Zelda-Awakening-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07QZFLVM7/

Thought I saw mention of Currys doing a deal, but not sure. Could be back on this thread.

Currys uk have them for £219 with Link's Awakening.

Do Tesco Ireland sell Switch stuff?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-lite-console-free-game-i-store-at-tesco-3304243
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Currys uk have them for £219 with Link's Awakening.

Yeah but I think after factoring in Parcel Motel costs you're only saving about a tenner for all the hassle. They were at £199 on release day but I missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Untitled Goose Game on sale for 14.99 euro (25% off) until end of today AFAIK.
    Just got it.
    (edit)
    Love it and I've just got to the title credits.
    Now ... have to get back to work ....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If your near the Border check Tesco.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-switch-lite-console-free-game-i-store-at-tesco-3304243

Edit: scroll down before you post TitianGerm :pac:

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If your near the Border check Tesco.

Edit: scroll down before you post TitianGerm :pac:

tip... go for yellow, it's gorgeous. Blends perfectly with the black highlights and really makes screen content pop

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mrcheez wrote: »
    tip... go for yellow, it's gorgeous. Blends perfectly with the black highlights and really makes screen content pop

I upgraded my Switch to the updated one in the €30 GameStop deal. Battery is so much better. But for a younger person or someone who doesn't want to play on the TV then the Lite makes more sense.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I upgraded my Switch to the updated one in the €30 GameStop deal. Battery is so much better. But for a younger person or someone who doesn't want to play on the TV then the Lite makes more sense.

it's the portability and entry price that attracted me to it. It fits so perfectly into my jacket inside pocket that I forget it's there. Powerful gaming on the go, just perfect solid piece of kit

Loved advance wars as a kid and looking forward to getting Fire emblem three houses at some stage.

Got wargroove in the end , it's great ! Love the animation style, intially thought the protagonist was a guy though , from the cover art haha

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus €29.97 delivered (€24.51 + shipping)
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07D9X6PZG/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Nice switch price tracker ...
    https://www.dekudeals.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Like the updates to dekudeals since last time I looked a few months back, the current price compared to lowest ever price is nice. Pity it doesn't have the price ranking per region like eshop-prices.com to aid region hopping comparison.

• Advertisement

I got Candleman on the Japanese eShop for just over a euro less than the local price, a lovely looking game.
    As it's pretty simple to get the hang of I'm hoping that my game averse spouse will give it a go!

Advertisement