Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EA Access coming to PS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I jumped for this - €24 for a year is amazing value, and there's a fair few games i'd have an interest in.

Already downloaded Burnout & UFC 3. Bit of a shame Rory McIlroy's Golf game got pulled.

Are the Madden games much good lads, for a fella with virtually zero clue about the sport?

The Madden story mode is fun for someone with little knowledge, kinda like Friday night lights if you ever watched that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭tigger123

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I jumped for this - €24 for a year is amazing value, and there's a fair few games i'd have an interest in.

Already downloaded Burnout & UFC 3. Bit of a shame Rory McIlroy's Golf game got pulled.

Are the Madden games much good lads, for a fella with virtually zero clue about the sport?

Yeah, the Madden games are made for all audiences. The commentator talks you through what's happening, they're great fun, especially for couch multiplayer.

Great drinking game too, as there's lots of breaks in the action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember playing madden on the mega drive i think bit the action stopping every 10 seconds and having to pick plays went over my head. Just kept picking hail mary and trying to catch the long ball. Don't think American foosball is for me but ye've made me want to try madden 19 to see what it's like of that's open to noobs.

Normal madden is as daft as the real sport but the story is fun. If you played the journey in fifa it is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

God now I see the big hullabaloo over Mass Effect it's god awful , like worse than dog **** awful you can really see the seeds of Anthems failure in it

• Advertisement

God now I see the big hullabaloo over Mass Effect it's god awful , like worse than dog **** awful you can really see the seeds of Anthems failure in it

An absolute shadow of the ME trilogy, i think that's what makes it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep I enjoyed the 1st 2 immensely that's why i'd stayed away from this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, I'm in 2 minds about downloading Andromeda again. I got as far as the second(?) planet and gave up. Just nothing memorable about it, and it didn't urge me forward like the original trilogy. Don't know if I've left enough time since playing it to give it another go.

Same with Dragon Age Inquisition, couldn't finish it when it originally came out, downloaded it 2 nights ago and played the intro, have no interest in going back since.

While I still think it's fantastic value, we need more games in there as over half are sports. Is it the same price on Xbox?

Yeah, I'm in 2 minds about downloading Andromeda again. I got as far as the second(?) planet and gave up. Just nothing memorable about it, and it didn't urge me forward like the original trilogy. Don't know if I've left enough time since playing it to give it another go.

Same with Dragon Age Inquisition, couldn't finish it when it originally came out, downloaded it 2 nights ago and played the intro, have no interest in going back since.

While I still think it's fantastic value, we need more games in there as over half are sports. Is it the same price on Xbox?

Same price but because the Xbox has back compatabity they can add a few 360 games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anthem has been added to EA Access today. The full game, not the 10 hour trial which has been there for a while

• Advertisement

NHL 20 trial is there now too if any wants to give it a 10-hour blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Played a couple of hours of Anthem this evening.

To be honest I’ve well got my €25 worth out of EA Access between FIFA, battlefield V and now this.

Amazing value if you’re a little behind on latest releases like I am and don’t want / need the very latest version of a sports game etc..

Need for Speed Heat 10 hour trial is live. 30GB download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

10 hours should be plenty.

It's pretty good so far. So much better than the last few for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

There'll be no 10hr trial period for new Star Wars game on EA Access

JimBurnley wrote: »
    There'll be no 10hr trial period for new Star Wars game on EA Access

Yeah, saw they said that instead you can still get 10% discount and exclusive dlc cosmetic items. It's a pity they didn't even give a 15 minute linear area to show off combat and traversal. I've zero interest in star wars but like the look of it, could really have done with the trial.

As for the NFS trial being locked, a lot of people complaining on twitter. PlayStation say it's normal for trials to lock when games release but others say not true. I was still planning on trying fifa 20 at some point.

Was wondering what happened to my trial. What a load of ****e that 10 hour trial is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Latest Madden game due to drop onto Access today

https://www.ea.com/subscribe/news/madden-nfl-20-is-in-the-vault

It's a good thing it's only €25 for the year, if you're not into Sports games it's nearly not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

It's a good thing it's only €25 for the year, if you're not into Sports games it's nearly not worth it.

It is worth it though, whether you play sports games or not.

That's why I said nearly.

Sorry for bumping when there hasn't been an update but they really need to add a game soon! NFS Heat, NHL 20, Fifa 20 should be coming soon. Star Wars would be a nice addition but can't see that happening til next year.

I keep forgetting I have this! Has completely removed any hint of maybe getting Heat again, or Jedi Order at all. I'll just wait. Noice!

NHL 20 was added to the vault on the 29th April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

FIFA 20 added today!

Doodah7 wrote: »
    FIFA 20 added today!

Excellent!!

Getting an 'Unable to connect' error..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I keep forgetting I have this!

Absolutely the same. Played about 10 - 15 hours of Anthem and I’d say a similar amount of various sports games and Need for Speed’s, so got my money’s worth for the year.

Good to see fifa added. A mate of mine has been on at me to buy that for ages.

Nearly bought NBA 2020 earlier for a fiver in the sale and then though wtf am I doin I have a version of it on access. I couldn’t care less if it’s two seasons ago. It’s basketball. I won’t notice the difference ffs!

• Advertisement

I still bought NBA 2K20. Yeah, Live 19 is on there, but the 2K version just plays better imo. But definitely give it a go, some prefer Live.

Advertisement