Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switch Lite incoming!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tiny isn't it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tiny isn't it

Not particularly!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

You haven't seen the owner of the hands, don't be so quick to judge!
    tiny-hands-alt-300x250.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

How would you play 1,2 Switch? Not that anyone would want to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero interest in this but I will be upgrading mine if a more powerful one ever materialises

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Ooh, Wii U controller! Retro!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Looks genuine :pac:

More stuff here
    A listing for Switch Mini accessories on the Spanish GAME site.
    https://www.game.es/buscar/switch-mini

Not a lot, to be sure, but you never know....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

What are we supposed to be seeing there?

• Advertisement

Often, it seems, the first signs of a new device is the accessory manufacturers building up steam, making add-ons to the new machines specs.
    It's fairly common with phones, with renders of unreleased tech developed from the dimensions of the cover and so on.
    Seems to be a build up of evidence that a handheld only Switch device is on the way, but nothing confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

But what accessories listed on that page hint at a Switch hardware revision?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    But what accessories listed on that page hint at a Switch hardware revision?

I should have screen shotted it, they've been taken down.
    They were a series of console/screen protectors for a console described as the Switch Mini.

Here's a link with info on the thing from earlier
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/switch_mini_rumours_escalate_as_spanish_arm_of_game_lists_accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a no-brainer to release this alongside the new Pokemon game. Christmas will be sewn up.

It's a no-brainer to release this alongside the new Pokemon game. Christmas will be sewn up.

That would be everyone else's to lose alright.
    And the following Christmas will be all about PS5 and Xboxtwo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-switch-lite-arrives-for-200-and-here-is-how-it-plays/

I could be tempted at that price, even with an original Switch. The longer battery life would be a godsend on flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out September 20th.

Full Press Release:
    In a video today, Nintendo introduced Nintendo Switch Lite, a device designed specifically to play Nintendo Switch games in handheld mode. The Nintendo Switch Lite system launches Sept. 20 at a suggested retail price of $199.99 and will be available in three different colors: yellow, gray and turquoise. A carrying case and screen protector set for Nintendo Switch Lite will also be available.

“Adding Nintendo Switch Lite to the lineup gives gamers more color and price point options,” said Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser. “Now consumers can choose the system that best suits how they like to play their favorite Nintendo Switch games.”

The flagship Nintendo Switch launched in March 2017 and offers three different play modes: playing in TV mode by placing the system into a Nintendo Switch dock, playing cooperatively or competitively in tabletop mode by sharing Joy-Con controllers and playing in handheld mode. The system comes with either Gray Joy-Con controllers or Neon Red and Neon Blue Joy-Con controllers.

Nintendo Switch Lite has integrated controls and is smaller than the flagship version of Nintendo Switch. It has no kickstand and, as a dedicated handheld gaming device, does not support video output to a TV. Therefore, it does not come with a dock or HDMI cable. For a full list of the differences between Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare.

The new device can play all games in the robust Nintendo Switch library that support handheld mode*, although some games will have restrictions. Compatible game modes will be listed on the back of game packaging and in Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite owners can get together to enjoy compatible multiplayer titles like Super Mario Maker 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate together via Nintendo Switch Online** or local wireless multiplayer***.

For additional information about Nintendo Switch Lite, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/lite/.

• Advertisement

A license to print money for Nintendo. It'll sell millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not able to connect to the TV is big drawback but if it's €199 here it's going to impossible to keep in shops. Far better value than a 3DS etc.

Excellent buy for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So would Mario Odyssey be playable?

CastorTroy wrote: »

All games are compatible. I assume gesture controls (waggling joycons) won't work with the mini, so waggling in SMO or the mini-games in 1-2-Switch won't work.

CastorTroy wrote: »

Everything would apart from something like 1-2 Switch and even then you could probably still connect joycons to it.

Comparison page:

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/compare/

Main details:

Full Width: 4” high, 9.4” long, .55” deep (with Joy-Con attached)
    Mini Width: 3.6” high, 8.2” long, .55” deep

Full Battery: Approximately 2.5 - 6.5 hours
    Mini Battery: Approximately 3 - 7 hours

Full Screen Size: 6.2" touch screen
    Mini Screen Size: 5.7" touch screen

Full Weight: Approximately .88 lbs with controllers attached
    Mini Weight: Approximately .61 lbs

Mini is not compatible with the dock at all, so you won't get TV output, even with a separate dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Wait, now.

I can already bring my Switch around the place, but I can also play it on the telly.

Why would I want a Switch that I can't play on the telly?

Or more, honestly, why do I want a Switch that I can't play on the telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kinda expecting it to be a bit smaller. Must be an issue with the screens they use that it requires a big ass bezel around it.

I don't think we'll see the Switch plus or whatever the more powerful model is until next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's what I mean for Mario. There are parts involving shaking the joycons. I know there are other games as well.

Will do well anyway, I'm sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The world's worst kept secret has finally been revealed. And it's exactly how we envisioned it to be.

Advertisement