Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Damien360 wrote: »
    It was released in 2013. I'm sure the controller was in development for a few years before that. mA hours in a small capacity without excess heat is the limitation of all batteries. The only way to increase the capacity was to put in a bigger battery which would make it heavier. The target market is not you and me, but small kids. Weight would have been the first consideration before capacity. Look what happened Samsung Note trying to pack capacity in a small space.

Look at the DS3 controller, I get the guts of week out of that. Battery life on the DS4 was and is bad, even on release.

Sure the Xbox controller has better life and is bit heavier. Nothing to do with weight imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I thought it was all down to that stupid light bar at the front of the controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought it was all down to that stupid light bar at the front of the controller.

I'm sure that was part of it, but they still should have realised that early on and done something to increase battery life. As much as I like the DS4 and never really have any issue given I keep one on charge until the other runs down, then just swap them, but the battery life is a major flaw that should have been addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No need to worry,

From the dev kits out in the wild for both the PS5 and Xbox2 due to be revealed in 2020 and released 2021 will still use discs.

I wonder if there will be a SKU offered (for either console) that is digital only.

I'd consider it depending on price difference; I prefer to download my games cause I am lazy.

Additionally, on GameScoop or GamesInformer they were speculating that someone could do away with Optical Disc based games and go with a cartridge, similar to Switch - which they said was a cheaper reading format (i think) in comparison to a laser based system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Disk drives are cheap, but especially at their scale.

Unless they sell for a decent (additional) loss to incentives it as purchase will all be going through their store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/sergeantbike/status/1086841845009793024

I still don't know what Dreams will end up being but seeing people make this in the closed Beta was interesting. Wonder how long it took

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Where in Dublin can I get a PS4 slim vertical stand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

No need to worry,

From the dev kits out in the wild for both the PS5 and Xbox2 due to be revealed in 2020 and released 2021 will still use discs.

Dev kits? Where'd you get that information? People in the know suggest Autumn of 2021 for both consoles, but even that is hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I know the ps4 is at the end of its product life cycle and the ps5 is on the way. Does anyone know if there is a ps4 price drop coming soon ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I know the ps4 is at the end of its product life cycle and the ps5 is on the way. Does anyone know if there is a ps4 price drop coming soon ?

Can't see a permanent price drop in the pro for at least 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Is shopto still good guys, wanted to get kingdom hearts 2.8 and its the only place that i can find with stock. Havent ordered from there in years but it says they now do free shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Is shopto still good guys, wanted to get kingdom hearts 2.8 and its the only place that i can find with stock. Havent ordered from there in years but it says they now do free shipping too.

Never used them, but Gamestop have it for shipping, €40. No idea if that's good value though.

I was thinking of getting the 1.5 and 2.5 remix, but then heard about the 2.8. From what I can see, the 2.8 doesn't contain 1.5 and 2.5. Is that right? That would mean there are now 3 PS4 Kingdom Heart games, 1.5 and 2.5 is €40, 2.8 is €40 and 3 is €70?

Never used them, but Gamestop have it for shipping, €40. No idea if that's good value though.

I was thinking of getting the 1.5 and 2.5 remix, but then heard about the 2.8. From what I can see, the 2.8 doesn't contain 1.5 and 2.5. Is that right? That would mean there are now 3 PS4 Kingdom Heart games, 1.5 and 2.5 is €40, 2.8 is €40 and 3 is €70?

You can get a complete collection too with all of them.

Think I'm best to give 1.5 and 2.5 a go before splashing. Don't know why I never picked them up all them years ago. Most likely because I saw it was Square and they did FF, and it looked like a Disney FF, and I have the FF fighting system!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think I've seen the 1.5,2.5 and 2.8 bundle anywhere. Haven't played any so picked the first pack up in argos when they had them cheap. Still have to play them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Hi, looking for help regarding the transfer of doom classic I downloaded on the PS3 years ago to the PS4, is it even possible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hi, looking for help regarding the transfer of doom classic I downloaded on the PS3 years ago to the PS4, is it even possible?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There's no backwards compatibility with PS4.

Sony patenting the modern equivalent of an old pc turbo button.

Backwards compatibility in PS5 looking more likely, would have probably been more work to make it not bc but still.

Hopefully they have cross buy for games released on both, last gen a lot of games did PS3 to PS4 upgrade deals and trade ins.

• Advertisement

I'm sure it can be applied to XBox as well, but just looking at trophy percentages here on my PS4 and it's kinda interesting how you can tell where people dropped games.
    Like in God of War 93.9% got the first guaranteed trophy then 83.6% got the next. So maybe that 10% are still playing and yet to get to that point or they decided it wasn't for them

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

I actually wonder that myself sometimes. Like the easiest trophy in the game that you get for just following the basic tutorial and it will say only 90% got this trophy :D

Yeah, I wonder if people just start up the game then realise they don't want to play after all. Or maybe Sony count everyone who has the game installed.
    I can't remember which one(s) but think there's a game or 2 that give trophies just for starting it. Would like to see those percentages

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have 3 beta invites for the division 2 which starts tomorrow and finishes Monday. Anyone interested, let me know your uplay name.

You can try log in here if you don't know your username.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have 3 beta invites for the division 2 which starts tomorrow and finishes Monday. Anyone interested, let me know your uplay name.

I wouldn't mind one if you don't mind :)

Uplay name is ExclamationMarc

I wouldn't mind one if you don't mind :)

Uplay name is ExclamationMarc

Friend invite sent, once you accept that, I can then send you the beta invite which you'll have to accept again.

Edit: beta invite sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Any opinions on which of the 3rd party controllers is the best or one of the best?

Ive never really seen glowing reviews but a friends gf is determined to get him one so i said id have a look around for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I’ll take one if it’s still going, UPlay = itsHoggie

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I’ll take one if it’s still going, UPlay = itsHoggie

"Can't find anyone with that username. Usernames are case sensitive"

Could it be anything else?

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Any opinions on which of the 3rd party controllers is the best or one of the best?

Ive never really seen glowing reviews but a friends gf is determined to get him one so i said id have a look around for her.

Don't have anything other than the stock DS4 myself, but a few sites recommend the Nacon Revolution Pro Controller 2 as the best 3rd party one. But keep an eye out for the Astro C40 TR is coming out the end of March, if she can wait. Looks really good.

Advertisement