Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sarah McInerney's voice

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Shes a keyboard warrior who happens to have access to a radio station. Really hate her rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

I literally moved the dial when Sarah, Mr Williams et all came on board. Pity as I used really enjoy newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

golfball37 wrote: »
    I literally moved the dial when Sarah, Mr Williams et all came on board. Pity as I used really enjoy newstalk.

Im exactly the same, I only tune in to the sports lads now if im in the car at the time.

Bring back Ivan and Chris!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Having three kids I would say she is absolutely right - but heaven forbid that someone talks about something you clearly view as womens work (in fairness my dad helped too :rolleyes:)

In the era I'm talking about, it was viewed as woman's work. Sorry if that upsets your feminist sympathies but that doesn't make it any less true. I just mentioned it to illustrate that despite the fact they both worked full time jobs, they were still able to do it, so was their time so much less important? The discussion on Newstalk I was referring to (which was primarily about waste charges and how to reduce what we put in our bins) highlighted the problem we have regarding people's attitude to recycling IMO, which is that they won't do things to reduce the waste they produce if it's not convenient for them, with one of the hosts of the show providing a particularly vivid illustration of the mindset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Pictures Of Lilly

Richcoffee wrote: »
    It's not that Sarah would be too busy to recycle properly, it's that recycling properly is not a priority for her
    That's regarding nappies though. I hope she recycles in every other regard. In all fairness now, it must be hard looking at a used nappy for how ever long it takes to wash it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I have 3 young kids, 2 still in nappies. I simply do not care what impact disposable nappies are having, I point blank will not use reuseable ones once disposable ones are available!
    I would say at least 90% of parents of young kids would say the same thing. Life is too short to clean shít off a towel 10 times a day!

Sarah, I'm with you all the way!

I have 3 young kids, 2 still in nappies. I simply do not care what impact disposable nappies are having, I point blank will not use reuseable ones once disposable ones are available!
    I would say at least 90% of parents of young kids would say the same thing. Life is too short to clean shít off a towel 10 times a day!

Sarah, I'm with you all the way!

But theres the difference between your attitude and hers you very specifically state you don't care while Sarah likely doesn't care same as you but tried to hide behind the inconvenience argument to avoid saying on live radio she doesn't care about the environment.

Fair play for you saying what you actually think, Sarah on the other hand is a coward

VinLieger wrote: »
    Sarah on the other hand is a coward

.....with a lovely voice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Turfcutter

Whatever about her voice, I've always had a weakness for her hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

blastman wrote: »
    Was listening to her banging on this evening about how there was no way she would use reuseable nappies as disposable nappies were SO much better and who has the time to wash nappies these days, I have much more important things to do with my time, etc. This was during a discussion about the proposed new bin charges and how we should cut down on waste at source to reduce costs and help the environment. I just thought would you ever go and fcuk yourself, my mother worked full time (unusual enough in those days) and still managed to keep us in reuseable nappies (and in fairness, my dad helped) throughout the time we were growing up. Your time is too valuable, my hole! You're not curing cancer, FFS....

OK - just to refer specifically to what you said....

You are referencing her modern day concerns to what your mother did back in the day; and equating the two situations to conclude that this Female presenter (your words) can go and fcuk herself because if your mammy was able to do it so she should be able to do it too.

Absolutely obnoxious, your choice as to what sort of language you use.

But the fact remains is that your judgement of the situation is to use other women as a benchmark; ergo this is perceived by you to be womens work.

2. You clearly clearly clearly have no idea how much work is involved in cleaning up after kids. Back in the day, disposable nappies may not have been available in Aldi, a 40 pack for 6.99. I would suggest to you pal that if they were that your mother would not have been using disposable nappies.

Complete inability to see beyond your own narrow framework of the world to see other people's point of view.

3. As for the 'your not curing cancer' comment - yep, that's not something I see levelled at Al Porter, Ryan Tubridy, Pat Kenny, Sean Moncrieff or any other male presenter - but here we have you saying it about Sarah McInerney.

Lots of Irish Men have an issue with Irish women expressing opinions. They don't want to hear it. They don't see women as credible in discussing any issue of the day. This is an example. Hence there are no women on the radio.

• Advertisement

Lots of Irish Men have an issue with Irish women expressing opinions. They don't want to hear it. They don't see women as credible in discussing any issue of the day. This is an example. Hence there are no women on the radio.

Ugh so tired of this fallacy, should we have quotas for female radio presenters now too?

Men aren't the only people who listen to the radio so the idea that the reason there's not as many women on the radio as men is all men's fault is absolutely ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

OK - just to refer specifically to what you said....

You are referencing her modern day concerns to what your mother did back in the day; and equating the two situations to conclude that this Female presenter (your words) can go and fcuk herself because if your mammy was able to do it so she should be able to do it too.

Absolutely obnoxious, your choice as to what sort of language you use.

But the fact remains is that your judgement of the situation is to use other women as a benchmark; ergo this is perceived by you to be womens work.
    My judgement was based on my own experience, that's it. I used the two people that experience covered which included one woman, not women and somehow got dragged into some bullcrap argument about women's work because apparently mentioning that my father did the some of the same work sometimes proved I was a sexist pig.

Yes, the language might have been obnoxious, that's my choice, just as being offended primarily on someone else's behalf is yours. In both cases, nothing actually happens.
    2. You clearly clearly clearly have no idea how much work is involved in cleaning up after kids. Back in the day, disposable nappies may not have been available in Aldi, a 40 pack for 6.99. I would suggest to you pal that if they were that your mother would not have been using disposable nappies.

Complete inability to see beyond your own narrow framework of the world to see other people's point of view.
    I didn't claim to know anything about kids, no, yet you can suggest you know what my mother would do. You clearly clearly clearly, etc....
    3. As for the 'your not curing cancer' comment - yep, that's not something I see levelled at Al Porter, Ryan Tubridy, Pat Kenny, Sean Moncrieff or any other male presenter - but here we have you saying it about Sarah McInerney.

Do I really have to explain why I was saying it about Sarah McInerny? Her name in the thread title wasn't enough of a clue? If I happen to have a negative opinion of something a female broadcaster says, do I have to come up with a negative opinion for a male broadcaster each time for balance? Actually, now that I come to think of it, I did express a negative opinion of Al Porter on Boards some time ago so I'm actually in credit regarding negative comments about female broadcasters (but I'm probably a homophobe, so you know, swings and roundabouts).

So where were you when Al needed you to defend him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Bizarre thread. She's got a standard West accent and her voice is just normal (nothing wrong with that). Honestly, take the lad out of ye're hands and cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

Her voice reminded me of Niamh from Fair City so in my head that was what she looked like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

Her voice reminded me of Niamh from Fair City so in my head that was what she looked like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Bizarre thread. She's got a standard West accent and her voice is just normal (nothing wrong with that). Honestly, take the lad out of ye're hands and cop on.

Your mellifluous voice radar seems to be crocked

Alright, I think we'll call it a day here. I'm bored of her now. Since I realised she's kids, maybe there's something not so sexy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She's says "de de de de de de" to shut people up when they interrupt her... That's a deal breaker for me

She's says "de de de de de de" to shut people up when they interrupt her... That's a deal breaker for me
    Actually that's quite hot. They shouldn't be interrupting her.

Alright, I think we'll call it a day here. I'm bored of her now. Since I realised she's kids, maybe there's something not so sexy about that.

Beyoncé is sexy, she has kids....and a nice voice.
    I've never seen her and Sarah together now that I think of it. Hmmmm.

(Actually I've no idea what Sarah looks like so she could well be in every second Beyoncé video for all I know!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement