Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you ever lost it with a Teacher?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭ Evelyn Billions Warhead

Was in a terrible moon from stress and tiredness. Irish teacher said my homework wasn't good enough and said she was writing a comment in my journal, I replied "**** Sake" she then said she was writing that down as well. I then went on a curse rant saying "What a load of bollocks, load of ****, I don't give a ****", which is strange for me as I'm not on to curse in class. She sent me out to the Deputy Principal's office, she never saw me so my Irish teacher made me write an explanation letter just for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I murdered my History teacher and his subsequent replacment. Both of them disputed my claims to the throne of South Carlow. Then I maimed a Maths teacher after a disagreement over who invented the number 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

I had just started back in 5th year and me and a few lads were being loud in the corridor. This random women tells us to be quiet and stand against the wall... so I was like.. who the fcuk are you?? Well turns out she was the new principal.. she had it in for me from then in..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

When I was 12 our English teacher had us take a pop quiz. We weren't allowed to talk, but when we were finished, we were supposed to raise our hand so she could come over to check. Once she checked our paper, we were allowed to read a book quietly. So I took the quiz, finished and raised my hand. The teacher just sat at her desk. A few other kids raised their hands and she got up, graded their papers and then went back to her desk without grading mine. This happened three more times before I finally got so frustrated, my hand fell on my desk with a big thud and I said, "Goddamnit!" really loudly. Every head in the class turned and looked at me and the teacher came rushing over to grade my paper. Nothing was ever said about it - I didn't get written up, she never told my parents, I never even got a talking to from her.

That's weird, I want to say she didn't like you but the fact that she ran over an corrected it and told nobody makes me think otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Magdalena Crashing Wastebasket

DareGod wrote: »
    Of course. But I feel that the support tends to be there for the teachers rather than the students. I had so many terrible teachers over the years, and there was nothing we could do about it. But if a teacher has a disruptive student, they can have them punished. It's not fair at all. In fact it's quite terrible.

I had a religion teacher one time who used to use me as the designated go-and-get-the-year-head student because I didn't take religion.

There was one time where I had to make three separate trips. First time, someone was "disrespecting" her (student who'd lived in India calling her up on things she was getting wrong about Hinduism). I got back and apparently she'd "resolved the situation", so I was sent back across the school to tell the year head she didn't need to come down. Got back and the situation had been unresolved somehow, had to go back and get the year head AGAIN. The year head in fairness to her at that point said "just tell her I'll talk to her about it later".

Also had a teacher who ended up accusing one of her classes of stealing exactly half a box of latex gloves because she didn't know the difference between "150 gloves" and "150 pairs"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

That's weird, I want to say she didn't like you but the fact that she ran over an corrected it and told nobody makes me think otherwise.

I actually think she didn't like me and was purposefully ignoring me. But I was also a very quiet student who never got in trouble, made decent grades, and all of my other teachers liked me well enough. It was such an out of character outburst that I think she knew she'd have trouble explaining it and just let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I do feel sorry for bad teachers that can't control a class and just aren't great teachers. I'll chime in with a joke or two but I don't wreck them.
    Was in a terrible moon from stress and tiredness. Irish teacher said my homework wasn't good enough and said she was writing a comment in my journal, I replied "**** Sake" she then said she was writing that down as well. I then went on a curse rant saying "What a load of bollocks, load of ****, I don't give a ****", which is strange for me as I'm not on to curse in class. She sent me out to the Deputy Principal's office, she never saw me so my Irish teacher made me write an explanation letter just for her.

Your second post seems at odds with your first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Back in the day I was pulled out of a class by 3 PE teachers.
    One of them, who didn't become a manager of the Wexford football team later was there along with the biggest, thickest, a$$hole of a teacher I've ever come into contact with. Pure aggressive bully of a man.
    3rd PE teacher was sound.

Anyway, I was called out coz I'd been missing/mitching PE classes. I'd been going into school to be there for 10.40 instead of 9am coz I wasn't arsed with PE.
    A$$hole PE teacher got mad aggressive with me when I explained to him I didn't want to do PE anymore and I'd rather be doing something else useful instead coz I wanted to do well in my Leaving cert and get a decent course.
    Pr!ck lost the plot grabbed my up by the ear, nearly lifting me off the floor and gave me a thump in the stomach.

I lost my temper then and started roaring at him. The teacher in the class came out to see what the f!ck was going on. So, he's standing there asking for an explanation regarding the racket while all the lads in the classroom are, as usual, shouting & roaring and carrying on. Anyway, while aggressive PE dude is trying to explain what's going on I walk into the class, pick up a chair and fire it at the aggressive guy. Hits him right in the chest.
    I'll never forget the look on their faces. Whole classroom fell silent.
    Wish I'd said something all Bruce Willis-like yippee ki yay mudda****ah, but I didn't.

Hauled up in front of principal, said they'd call the cops & parents. I said fine.
    Cops and parent came. I kept quiet until parents came.
    When they got there, it was all of us. Aggressive guy, the other 2 PE teachers, the one that came out of the classroom, 2 cops, my auld pair, principal & career guidance chap.

Aggressive dude goes into a big speal about his version, not mentioning he'd grabbed me up by the ear or punched me.
    I just waited till he was done and said something like, you know full well that you nearly pulled the ear off me and then you punched me. You caused such a racket that Mr. XYZ had to come out of the classroom and I felt so threatened that I used what force I could to make sure you wouldn't assault me further. And you 2 clowns (to the other PE teachers) saw the whole ****in lot so don't you ever dare side with this effing bully. You can lie in front of everyone here but it'll be on your conscience that you sided with a middle-aged bully over a teenager.
    My Dad went nuts, I've never seen him so angry.

The last 6 months in that school were the most uneventful of my school days :)
    Kinda wish I'd hit the c!nt when I was in 1st year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Screamfest. Totes..

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »

What I meant by not wrecking them is that I wouldn't constantly distract the class acting the eejit, always making jokes etc. That was out of character for me when I went ape, I'm argumentative when I think that I might be being wronged.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nope, I got a few thumps over the years but I was afraid to hit back, would have been a bit one sided anyway, a teenager against a grown man.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nope, I'm much too timid for that.

I do remember a girl losing the rag completely in 6th class. It was so unusual to see any real verbals between teachers and students in an all girls school. I can't remember what it was about now but I remember the student pushing back her chair aggressively, shouting at the teacher and storming out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

gramar wrote: »

Not really, she did something bitchy to him and he got mad. Hardly wrecking her, think he meant he didn't take advantage of some teachers inability to control a class like others did

wakka12 wrote: »
    Not really, she did something bitchy to him and he got mad. Hardly wrecking her, think he meant he didn't take advantage of some teachers inability to control a class like others did

Exactly.

Advertisement