Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miralize wrote: »
    I just did an update which may or may not have just wiped my xbox :/ Just got the onboardiing intro asking me to select my language & country

Na don't worry account sign in is down http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

disconnect from the internet and you will be able to sign to your profile.

Pain as I said in the other thread it's happened a few times in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

calex71 wrote: »
    Na don't worry account sign in is down http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

disconnect from the internet and you will be able to sign to your profile.

Pain as I said in the other thread it's happened a few times in recent weeks.
    Yep I think it happened mid update, which corrupted the OS. Nothing installed anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miralize wrote: »
    Yep I think it happened mid update, which corrupted the OS. Nothing installed anymore

live us up and running so updates should have installed ok , it's just the account services that are down. Worst case scenario at lease the "power of the cloud" will have all your game save data , did you get signed in with your account offline ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yep currently redownloading my stuff.. a pain though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

nanook5 wrote: »
    Sorry for the OT but since when is Powerstar Golf Free to play :D

For about two months now. One course, no achievements and one golfer.

Everything else is paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

For about two months now. One course, no achievements and one golfer.

Everything else is paid for.

I must give it a try :D

Would appreciate if someone could invite me to this, trying to get in on the EA Access Beta.

GT:GilbertoGalway

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Would like an invite plz looking to get stuck into Madden for the weekend gt peggyC10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gotthebug wrote: »
    Would like an invite plz looking to get stuck into Madden for the weekend gt peggyC10

Doesn't work that quick bud. You can't invite directly to EA Access. You can only invite to the dashboard preview and I don't know how long it takes to get an invite. It's random, can take days or weeks depending on how Microsoft feel. Then when you do get an invite to the dashboard update, you aren't guaranteed a code to the EA Access beta.

Would appreciate if someone could invite me to this, trying to get in on the EA Access Beta.

GT:GilbertoGalway

Not sure if someone sent you an invite already so just sent you one there.
    gotthebug wrote: »

Sent you an invite to the dashboard beta anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

As many have said it can take time if you ever even get into the preview programme I have had two invites over a month ago and I am still not in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Furp wrote: »
    As many have said it can take time if you ever even get into the preview programme I have had two invites over a month ago and I am still not in.

And I got invited a few days ago, and I'm already in. Seems totally random.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

CatInABox wrote: »

Git :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Maybe they know I also own a PS4:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Maybe they know I also own a PS4:eek:

Ha, might do!

Not sure why I got in, maybe it's length of xbox live service? I got nine years, so it's about time I got something off them.

I'm on live 10 years just seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ha, might do!

Not sure why I got in, maybe it's length of xbox live service? I got nine years, so it's about time I got something off them.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if we get in and if we can find some criteria that makes sense, I created a new account for my Xbox One, so that might make a difference as its only a couple of month old!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I'd love an invite if anyone has a spare please,

Cheers

GT-GiganticLamb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

If you get the chance could you add me as well? GT is below. Thanks!

Thanks to whoever invited me.

No sign of an EA invite so we probably missed the boat for that.
    You'd imagine though that the BETA will be over soon as they can't offer anything new for quite a while so with NFL and FIFA only weeks away theyll need to launch soon or the subs won't roll in for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thanks to whoever invited me.

No sign of an EA invite so we probably missed the boat for that.
    You'd imagine though that the BETA will be over soon as they can't offer anything new for quite a while so with NFL and FIFA only weeks away theyll need to launch soon or the subs won't roll in for a while.

Keep an eye on your console messages. My EA Access invite got in there without me even noticing. It was only when I seen the number 1 next to the messages icon that I opened the messages app to find the invite.

Don't suppose you could invite me maybe if I get a few I will actually be let in.

Furp wrote: »
    Don't suppose you could invite me maybe if I get a few I will actually be let in.

Done, and good luck.

I seem to have missed out on the EA invites though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Could I get an invite if possible please? GT: Penguins Haooo

If you get the chance could you add me as well? GT is below. Thanks!

Invited you there
    Carroller wrote: »
    Could I get an invite if possible please? GT: Penguins Haooo

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Can i get another invite, I got one from MiskyBoyy but didn't get in.
    Can anyone else send me an invite, Gt : sparedpiano03.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Might be a long shot here, never asked for an invite for this before hand but would love to try out the ea access thing (assuming its not being fully released soon) so if anyone is in the humour of sending out an invite
    can you hit me up :)
    cheers

gt : viiruks

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Might be a long shot here, never asked for an invite for this before hand but would love to try out the ea access thing (assuming its not being fully released soon) so if anyone is in the humour of sending out an invite
    can you hit me up :)
    cheers

gt : viiruks

Sure no probs. I'll send you one there.

At this rate, if I start charging €1 per invite I'll be a millionaire by the end of the year :D

deco nate wrote: »
    Can i get another invite, I got one from MiskyBoyy but didn't get in.
    Can anyone else send me an invite, Gt : sparedpiano03.

Thanks

Make sure and check your messages on xbox in case they sent you one and you might not have noticed.

I sent you another 1 there just in case but someone else will still send you one too hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Make sure and check your messages on xbox in case they sent you one and you might not have noticed.

I sent you another 1 there just in case but someone else will still send you one too hopefully :)
    Thanks misky, Yea I've been checking my msg box daily, no joy:(
    Hopefully this time.

Ot... You have beaten me 3 times on forza 5..grrr :)

Advertisement