Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One/360 Dashboard & Update Discussion (Retail/Beta/Preview Versions)

• 22-05-2014 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

So with the Xbox One dashboard being a 'thing' in itself, as in the management of tv features, to console settings etc..we need a place to discuss this & only this as everything is getting mushed up in the general discussion thread. So here we are, our very own dedicated Xbox One dash & update discussion thread :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just got a message on my xbox welcoming me to the dashboard preview program, I don't recall signing up though I did participate in previous one for the 360 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

@celex71 interesting looking at reddit they are saying you can now invite people to the preview program, do you know if this is the case?

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/29kmm9/new_preview_dashboard_app_check_messages_for_app/

Furp wrote: »
    @celex71 interesting looking at reddit they are saying you can now invite people to the preview program, do you know if this is the case?

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/29kmm9/new_preview_dashboard_app_check_messages_for_app/

Seems I can , I'll have to add you as a friend before I can do it though.

Update hasn't been pushed out to me yet not sure when that is due to be rolled out.

Edit: Invite sent Furp.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

calex71 wrote: »
    Seems I can , I'll have to add you as a friend before I can do it though.

Update hasn't been pushed out to me yet not sure when that is due to be rolled out.

Edit: Invite sent Furp.

Could you possibly add me too? garak001

THanks @calex71 was that to me Gamertag: Gary F might take a while to come through, whats your gamertag and I will follow you.

• Advertisement

THanks @calex71 was that to me Gamertag: Gary F might take a while to come through, whats your gamertag and I will follow you.

Got the tag from your sig here.

I'll add you later FurureGuy, and anyone else who wants one. Not sure if there is a limit my GT: Calex dEUS

Thx I have added you back, after a I read the reddit thread the invites are not immediate could be a day or two, I resume they are vetted on the xbox side first.

I will let you know when if i get the invite.

Yeah after I sent out the invite I get a message saying invites pending allow up to 2 business days. My registration is still set to pending too so I won't get the update until that changes.

In terms of features, it lists enhanced kinect sign in, hdmi in, changes to live TV, and a new achievements app which can be snapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Would it be possible to get an invite too? GT miralize :)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

I added you there Calex. I'd appreciate an invite if you get the time to send one.

• Advertisement

Yeah no worries I'll sort it later on , as I said you won't get a notification or anything regards the invite until MS add you on their side, you will then get a message to download a the new preview app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Would it be possible to get an invite too? GT Dizmonster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah no worries I'll sort it later on , as I said you won't get a notification or anything regards the invite until MS add you on their side, you will then get a message to download a the new preview app.

Any chance of an invite?
    RJ MacReady69
    If you can't no hassle if you can that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Snake Plisken
    RJ MacReady69
    If you can't no hassle if you can that would be great![/QUOTE]

kurt russell? is that you? :)

Snake Plisken
    RJ MacReady69
    If you can't no hassle if you can that would be great!

kurt russell? is that you? :)[/quote]

Bit of John Carpenter/Kurt Russell fan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Whoops, if I had of known there were so many people interested in getting into the update preview program I could have said something about 3 months ago. My bad lol.

Guys just add me on live I cba typing all the tags in myself GT: Calex dEUS :pac:

Makes it easier for me to send the invites.

Guys just add me on live I cba typing all the tags in myself GT: Calex dEUS :pac:

Done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Also done!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I added you too. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I added you too. Cheers.

Done, sent an invite to any one who sent me a message or add.

Done, sent an invite to any one who sent me a message or add.

Excellent. Thanks.

I just got the update. Voice commands wouldn't work so go to Settings/Language & location and you'll see a new tab called Spoken language. Select English and then Restart now and it sorts it. Finally voice commands in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Any changes in oneguide so that it works properly with irish satellite/cable providers?

Thanks
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I just got the update. Voice commands wouldn't work so go to Settings/Language & location and you'll see a new tab called Spoken language. Select English and then Restart now and it sorts it. Finally voice commands in Ireland :)
    Are you on the preview, or is the rollout of the update started?

I had to go into system and manually update , it was greyed out until the update was available.

-Toppy- wrote: »
    Any changes in oneguide so that it works properly with irish satellite/cable providers?

Thanks
    -Toppy-

No changes to OneGuide yet unfortunately

Are you on the preview, or is the rollout of the update started?

It's the full update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

I like the idea that with the touch of a single button you can bring up your achievement progress. Although I could never have it open while playing the game the same time.

Advertisement