Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Absolutely cracking

• 26-05-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

The road warrior is on. Never seen it before so gonna give it a lash.

Music by Brian may in the opening credits, stoked alreaddy. Anyone else seen it? What did ye think? The opening narration is like something out of fallout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Click. Bait. Titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Reiver

Black white opening is a bit creepy but fair atmospheric. Looks liek its set in the desert or something. Bit hard to make out what theyre saying, theres a polish narration over it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Are you posting from the cinema?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The butler does it...and Sean Bean dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

What channel?!

• Advertisement

The lads chasing him seem a bit mental in fairness. Dunno how safe it is him collecting petrol from the abandoned truck. The stuff drippin out looks fair dirty. Wasnt there a thing about dirty fuel a few years back.

i like the dog though. that and the gun he has. none of the bahs chasing him are going to mess with that.

Are you posting from the cinema?

Nah man, its on the telly

What channel?!

TVP 1. I live in Poland.

Theres some yoke in it now that was in a james bond film, the one with all the japanese lads attacking the volcano. Its like a little helicopter. Absolute lunatic guarding it though with a crossbow. can you still buy those in Ireland?

The dirtbikes and other vehicles the baddies have are fair savage though, they're like something out of a film. Loving the spikes and leather. Dunno why the main lad is trying to get down there though, tis like puck fair or race day, nothing great about a big fort from old tyres.

Hes after ateing some dogfood though which is absolute mank. did it for the crack in college to get a tennar, never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Mad, max.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Click. Bait. Titles.

Learn to mouse hover ;)

Mad, max.

I'd be mad too. Looks like a right nightmare of a spot to be. Some of the ones holed up in the tyre fort made a run for it. Didnt get far. Max (? that his name) or the main lad anywho is after rescuing one of them injured.

Place looks fierce desolate though. Why they living there when thered be no water or crops to grow? Look at the soil and ye see theres not much there.

Seems a bit clichey though with the bad lads mostly wearing black and all of these fort people in white. Shows up the dirt anywho.

It just got weird. Theres some half naked masked man talking to them and a little kid just killed one of the biker boys gf/bf with a metal boomerang that cut off another lads fingers. This film is off the wall altogether.

Theyre in the tyre foot though ince theyve a loada gas which is probably why the gang of scumbags attacking them want it. Theyre like a buunch of deranged boy racers. Half imagining what the film would look like set in kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rosie Gardens

Turtyturd wrote: »

Sean Bean dies... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Turtyturd wrote: »

Havent seen him in it yet. The only one i recognize is mel gibson

Sean Bean dies... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Is it jjust me or does he die in loads of stuff. Was after thinking about it when i seen him in game of thrones. Then theres lord of the rings and the field. hes barely in a film that long ever!

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Click. Bait. Titles.

Tisnt. jUst wonderin waht others think of the film

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am gravely disappointed by this thread

Just sign out now and there will be an end to the horror

Not happy :(

after killing his bleeding dog. the flying man rescued him though and hes going back to the tyre foot, dunno why, theyre trapped there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Just realised it's the original Road Warrior you're watching, great show, best of the three by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Reiver wrote: »
    The road warrior

The opening narration is like something out of fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Reiver wrote: »
    It just got weird. Theres some half naked masked man talking to them .

That's The Humuogous you pleb.

'Just walk away, and we will spare your lives... you can end all of this... just walk away...'

I am gravely disappointed by this thread

Just sign out now and there will be an end to the horror

I just got it! :) that is pretty funny in fairness. nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

What channel?!

Turtyturd wrote:
    Sean Bean dies.

Sean bean always dies.. very rare for him to stay alive..

Just realised it's the original Road Warrior you're watching, great show, best of the three by a mile.

its off the wall, watching this big car chase now, yer man off pimp my ride would be wetting himself.

yer right though. cracker of a film, wonder what an irish version would look like.

strobe wrote: »

What?

It is. Black and white intro. Dramatic voiceover, the usual yakking on about the greed o man and how we cause the problems. suitablyy somber for the setting i thought.

Sky King wrote: »
    That's The Humuogous you pleb.

'Just walk away, and we will spare your lives... you can end all of this... just walk away...'

He is bloody huge alright. i never said he wasnt/

Whats a pleb?

I dunno if he'd have let them go though, he could have just taken the fuel and hunted them down later.

Advertisement