Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Games with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    It came free in a mixpot on mixer, one of the E3s.

Not a great month.

game pass ultimate is where its at now to be fair, I cant remember the last time I downloaded one of the games with gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

game pass ultimate is where its at now to be fair, I cant remember the last time I downloaded one of the games with gold.

Exactly, games with gold was a nice thing to look forward to each month. Now its more like the strange uncle that no one wants to talk about.

Game pass is the best thing in gaming at the moment and arguably the best thing that has happened in gaming in the last decade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mid month games are here :)

The Final Station

Joy Ride Turbo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Have these been recycled in gwg? I seem to have them both.

The Final Station was part of a Mixpot, and apparently JRT was part of a promotion ran by Walmart where all you needed to do was input some details and you'd get a code for it. I've no doubt that this was mercilessly abused by the internet.

• Advertisement

Skyhunter wrote: »
    Have these been recycled in gwg? I seem to have them both.

I had TFS myself, but like CIAB said, it was from a mixpot cos i certainly didn't buy it.
    I didn't have the 360 game though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Insane Robots and Jurassic World Evolution for One
    Toy Story 3 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD for 360.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1199719895694360576?s=19

Jurassic World Evolution

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate HD

That Castlevania game has an unnecessarily long title in my opinion.

Jurassic World Evolution

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow -- Mirror of Fate HD

That Castlevania game has an unnecessarily long title in my opinion.

And isn't a particularly good Metroidvania game.

At least Mercury Stream knocked it out of the park with their next one, Metroid 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm such an idiot, I've had this for months and forgot to log in to get my free monthly games. Just got a Win 10 PC and the Xbox whatsit to make all this work on the PC and I'm kicking myself over all the lost games!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'm such an idiot, I've had this for months and forgot to log in to get my free monthly games. Just got a Win 10 PC and the Xbox whatsit to make all this work on the PC and I'm kicking myself over all the lost games!

The games with gold are all console games though, so unless you have the console too you haven't missed out on anything really.

Januarys games are up

Xbox One
    1st - 31th January Styx: Shards of Darkness
    16th January - 15th February Batman: The Telltale Series Season One

1st - 15th Tekken 6
    16th - 31st Lego Star Wars 2

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1207692398878310402?s=19

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The first Styx was a pretty good Stealth game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Cant help but feel like we've had these before.
    I know I have a Styx game so it might not be the same one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Were some of these released on Game Pass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭druss

That was Styx: Master of Shadows back in Feb 2016. My second Game with Gold. Never played it!

Master of Shadow was given away previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive been having issues trying to get Batman Telltale from the games with Gold. Never had an issue with other games, but this wont activate.

Downloaded Lego Star Wars fine and other game sin the past but Batman wont even begin to install. I click on the "Get" icon as usual with G4G but this wont work. Any ideas?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive been having issues trying to get Batman Telltale from the games with Gold. Never had an issue with other games, but this wont activate.

Downloaded Lego Star Wars fine and other game sin the past but Batman wont even begin to install. I click on the "Get" icon as usual with G4G but this wont work. Any ideas?

try doing it online from xbox.com or else via the app.
    As long as you can get the 'purchase' to go through, you'll then be able to get it to show up in 'my games and apps' and force it to download from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

try doing it online from xbox.com or else via the app.
    As long as you can get the 'purchase' to go through, you'll then be able to get it to show up in 'my games and apps' and force it to download from there.

I tried "purchasing" Styx too, the other G4G title and thats not working through.

Gonna try it online and see how I go. I imagine the issue is on my end somehow, but I'm stumped.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I tried "purchasing" Styx too, the other G4G title and thats not working through.

Gonna try it online and see how I go. I imagine the issue is on my end somehow, but I'm stumped.

nah, it can be finicky at times, you'll often see service alerts on twitter for issue with purchasing or accessing owned content. just keep trying.

TT Isle of Man and Call of Cthulhu for the One, Fable Heroes and Star Wars Battlefront for 360/Xbox.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1222187750536830976?s=19

Hmm. Seems I forgot to get fable heroes. Balls. I mean, I probably wasn't go to ever play it, but I hate missing out on "free" stuff.

Here's all of this months games that are still available:

TT Isle of Man

Call of Cthulhu

Star Wars Battlefront

Xbox One
    Telltale Batman Season 2(1-31st March)
    Shantae Half Genie Hero (16th March - 15th April)

Xbox 360
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 (1st-15th March)
    Sonic Generations (16th-31st March)

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1232334655061295105?s=19

Xbox One
    Telltale Batman Season 2(1-31st March)
    Shantae Half Genie Hero (16th March - 15th April)

Xbox 360
    Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 (1st-15th March)
    Sonic Generations (16th-31st March)

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/1232334655061295105?s=19

Solid Enough month imo. I'd have preferred sonic mania, but I suppose it doesn't matter as I'll never play any of them anyway :pac:

Solid Enough month imo. I'd have preferred sonic mania, but I suppose it doesn't matter as I'll never play any of them anyway :pac:

Generations is still one of the better Sonic games, not as good as the MD games or Mania though. At least it isn't Sonic 4, utter garbage.

• Advertisement

Generations is still one of the better Sonic games, not as good as the MD games or Mania though. At least it isn't Sonic 4, utter garbage.

I always seem to have fond memories of Sonic 4.
    Then every now and then I boot it up and I go "wait, it's shít :D".

Advertisement