Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Splatoon 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So its essentially a mortar...me likey!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

DgCz_AaU8AAcasa?format=jpg

DgCz__wVMAALbEN?format=jpg

New Albacore Hotel is a brand new stage coming to #Splatoon2! Complete with a rooftop pool, this new battlefield lets Inklings splat it out while enjoying a city view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

^^^ Did I see that someone hacked into that stage in the last 24hours and leaked it to other players for a brief period?

Yes. See Splatoon 2 like the original is p2p. With Nintendo charging for online in September, Nintendo could invest some money in dedicated servers. That might weed out these hackers or at least deny them entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Global Splatfest sat 2oth.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1013981061510987776

Octos Vs Squids

If you didnt buy the expansion pack and chose team octo, you can stilll play as octolings for the spaltfest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

New stage achov games and 2 New weapons to be added

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1017320971294867456?s=19

Special Splatfest for Halloween coming.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUKVS/status/1047411012750774272

Moray Towers and Musselforge Fitness will get a slight graphical dressing up for the festivities. Wonder what the two sides will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just went to play Splatoon 2 and it says cloud save isn't compatible?

Are they for real?

I upgraded my older switch to a different LE and just assumed all my game saves were on the cloud on the online service. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

amadablam wrote: »
    Just went to play Splatoon 2 and it says cloud save isn't compatible?

Are they for real?

I upgraded my switch and just assumed all my game saves were on the cloud on the online service. :(

Something to do with your ratings being tied to the save so you can manipulate your rating by playing silly buggers with cloudsave and local save

Banjo wrote: »
    Something to do with your ratings being tied to the save so you can manipulate your rating by playing silly buggers with cloudsave and local save

Its a complete load of ****e to penalise normal players for the sake of people who would manipulate a loop hole that the developers left.

There are plenty ways they could prevent that happening without over complicating it.

I couldn't be arsed starting from scratch again and that not a case of throwing the toys out. It's a case of not investing time in an online game that doesn't have the online support for its player base.

On the plus side, it's more space on the sd card when you delete the game altogether :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh ****, didn't see that you've lost your save. That sucks.
    And it doesn't help that according to prominent Games Journal the daily telegraph there's a switch hardware revision coming next year. You'll have no balls left to kick at this rate...

Banjo wrote: »
    Oh ****, didn't see that you've lost your save. That sucks.
    And it doesn't help that according to prominent Games Journal the daily telegraph there's a switch hardware revision coming next year. You'll have no balls left to kick at this rate...

I love the switch Banjo, that's why I bought a second one , its just that I expected all the saves to have been backed up to the cloud service and not to find out that one of them didn't due to some loop hole with Splatoon. I usually upgrade consoles every year or so anyway so a hardware revision would be a nice treat and something I would welcome.

You might be missing the point I was making which is that it's pretty unfair not to support cloud saves for a game due to the possibility of an exploit, which is something they can remedy.

Its a lazy approach and pretty much gives an instant negative to one of the main USP's of the online service

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think I've played this game properly since it was released, I must get into it, especially as I bought the DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I only really played the single player. Didn't spend much time on multiplayer, even though I spent loads on the first one. Never even tried Salmon Run. Must get the DLC myself

SPLATFEST INK-COMING! 🦑Do you eat the yummiest part of your meal right away, or do you always save the best 'til last? Are you an impatient eater or a flavour savourer? Pick a side and battle it out in Splatoon 2 from 14:00 (Irish time) on 24/11!

SPLATOON 2 TRIAL COMING SOON TO JAPAN FOR ONE WEEK IN MARCH

https://nintendosoup.com/splatoon-2-trial-coming-soon-to-japan-for-one-week-in-march/

Splatoon 2 is getting a free trial in Japan in March and consumers will also get a free trial of Nintendo Switch Online.
    The trial will take place from March 26th to April 1st and will also come with a free trial of Nintendo Switch Online! The demo will also allow you to play with friends who have the full Splatoon game!

The game is also getting new weapons though there's no date yet.
    Dx55g5ZV4AEvTCQ.jpg

There will be no more Splatfests after July 2019. That will likely be the end of the updates. Let's see if the rest of the World get the free trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just not from Ireland, apparently (Watch the video, Nintendo have erased us from existence) :o

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1102871375272828928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Not cool. I thought it was Britain who were moving out, not us.

So which islands off the coast of Ireland are recognised?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So which islands off the coast of Ireland are recognised?

I think Inis Mor must have been sold to the Brits, along with the rights to Father Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Final Splatfest for Splatoon 2 announced for late July....

The final splatfest is this weekend and I just realised I barely played any online at all. Didn't play a lot of the modes, never did a splatfest and never did a salmon run.
    Got the dlc at the weekend so may start that next week and try the splatfest this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Final Splatfest for Splatoon 2 announced for late July....

Will be sad to see them go :-( Many's the hour of enjoyment I got from the previous ones!

Finally got to play Splatoon 2 but looks like I just missed the Splatfest

Well final Splatfest is a win for Team Chaos (booooo!) Nive recap video for the past two years (and one for the originals Splatfests).

Nintendo may not know how to make a good online service, but they know how to make great online community
    90% of which is just for lewding Marina

Kinda glad Chaos won. I think it would make for a more interesting game than Order. Since Splatoon 2's campaign was based on the outcome of the final Splatoon Splatfest, it's likely the same here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Just getting back into in now after not having a switch for a year. I see the events are finished, how do we go about getting more slots on our gear now? The little sh1te won't let me increase my slots.

What are the best youtubers for me to relearn the game through? Looking for people other than that English dude, dude just camps and team kills and posts rounds, I'm looking more for tutorials.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

New splatfest next month. Nintendo is resurrecting ketchup vs mayo for 3 day fest 22nd may - 24th. Im looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Reminder that the "final" Splatfest starts tomorrow.
    Mayo for Sam! :)

Advertisement