Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭dakar

Ok, I’ll bite! Offer asking if you can post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,950 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

dakar wrote: »
    Ok, I’ll bite! Offer asking if you can post.

I most definitely can chief, and it's a privilege for me to sell it to you. If you pop me across a PM I'll get it of to you asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Gonna offer this here before I list it elsewhere.

Never had a need for an accountant in my life but filing tax returns over here with a foreign income can be a pain in the butt. Turns out I owe very little tax but the accountants bill is enough on it's own :eek:

For those that are new and do not know me I currently live in the North Carolina so the watch would be getting posted from here. Long time member with many friends here on the forum.

So here is my Seiko SZSC004 Jade Sumo, asking price is non negotiable and is a fair $400 net to me in my paypal and you pay whatever extra for postage.

I shipped a new one of these to member Deep Thought a few months back and he went with the expensive shipping option which I believe is around $60 but there is a slower version $25-$30. My mother in law always shipped watches to me using the cheaper option but I'm a tight fecker and took the chance. I also never paid duty on any watches that were shipped but please bear that in mind. If you have a family member here in the US I am more than willing to ship it to them and you could collect it when on holidays, postage is around $10-$15.

One photo just taken outside on this fine day and one stock photo. Outer and inner boxes included along with tags and a booklet. A few very fine marks on the bracelet which could be easily removed.

icxrEH7l.jpg

4LIaek9l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

HDMI wrote: »

If I wasn't just today, been caght for the installation cost of a new central heating boiler I would be all over this like a manky rash!

The very best of luck with the sale.
    Beautiful watch.

banie01 wrote: »
    If I wasn't just today, been caght for the installation cost of a new central heating boiler I would be all over this like a manky rash!

The very best of luck with the sale.
    Beautiful watch.

Appreciate it, it really is a lovely watch and I will pick up another further down the road when things settle. Just getting over the costs of moving house and then a visit from my daughter, last thing I needed was another bill. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

492946.jpg

Selling my lovely Seiko recraft that I bought earlier in the year from a fellow Boardsie. I love the watch but haven't had an occasion to wear it so it's just been sitting idle in the watch box. Feedback on the advert/pricing is welcome.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/limited-edition-seiko-recraft-srpc13k1-automatic-watch/19034667

Dang, if offer falls through I'd definitely be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never had a need for an accountant in my life but filing tax returns over here with a foreign income can be a pain in the butt. Turns out I owe very little tax but the accountants bill is enough on it's own :eek:

For those that are new and do not know me I currently live in the North Carolina so the watch would be getting posted from here. Long time member with many friends here on the forum.

So here is my Seiko SZSC004 Jade Sumo, asking price is non negotiable and is a fair $400 net to me in my paypal and you pay whatever extra for postage.

I shipped a new one of these to member Deep Thought a few months back and he went with the expensive shipping option which I believe is around $60 but there is a slower version $25-$30. My mother in law always shipped watches to me using the cheaper option but I'm a tight fecker and took the chance. I also never paid duty on any watches that were shipped but please bear that in mind. If you have a family member here in the US I am more than willing to ship it to them and you could collect it when on holidays, postage is around $10-$15.

One photo just taken outside on this fine day and one stock photo. Outer and inner boxes included along with tags and a booklet. A few very fine marks on the bracelet which could be easily removed.

icxrEH7l.jpg

4LIaek9l.jpg

A beaut.

Is it really 53mm?

NIMAN wrote: »
    A beaut.

Is it really 53mm?

Doesn't feel like 53 on the wrist, a few guys here with smaller wrists wearing them. The 20mm bracelet makes it very wearable.

The Sumo is probably the best bang for buck watch on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Is that sumo the 4r or 6r movement?

fat bloke wrote: »
    Is that sumo the 4r or 6r movement?

All Sumo's are 6r movement, never seen one with a 4r in a stock watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

and it worked out a treat, I am in the US 1st week November . -so could help bringing it home if someone here bought it

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

and it worked out a treat, I am in the US 1st week November . -so could help bringing it home if someone here bought it

Really appreciate it DT, that would make it a nice deal for a potential buyer.

Really appreciate it DT, that would make it a nice deal for a potential buyer.

No probs. Will be in Raleigh / Durham area.. your neck of the woods?

No probs. Will be in Raleigh / Durham area.. your neck of the woods?

Only a couple of hours away, you on a work trip or holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Your a true gent DT

Only a couple of hours away, you on a work trip or holiday?

Work..🥺

Raleigh is crazy busy at rush hour, bumper to bumper 80mph scares the life out of you. But it's a nice area, my wife was raised around there. If you fancy a meet up let me know.

Sumo no longer available I completed a deal on watchuseek, sorry it didn't go to anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

I have a number of watches but have never sold one. I know this isn't as desirable as something like a moonwatch or seamaster, what are the chances of getting close to 2k for this??

2 years old, bought new, very little use. Sorry for the capital letters, copy and paste issue...

Omega DE Ville PRESTIGE CO-AXIAL 39.5MM

Reference 424.13.40.20.01.001

493366.jpg

Another pic

493357.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭893bet

what are the chances of getting close to 2k
    Very slim sadly. Not in demand. In Ireland you would be lucky to break 1k.

What’s the RRP? Resale I would put at 30% of RRP (assume you paid around 60-70% of the RRP).

eBay is best bet.

893bet wrote: »
    What’s the RRP? Resale I would put at 30% of RRP (assume you paid around 60-70% of the RRP).

eBay is best bet.

Thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks for the input

It's a lovely watch. Really classy. Is it manual wind? On chrono24 seems to be few listed above 2k USD. The problem as 839bet says the market isn't great here. Unless you have a Rolex or seamaster or speedmaster it's hard to get a decent price..

It's a lovely watch. Really classy. Is it manual wind? On chrono24 seems to be few listed above 2k USD. The problem as 839bet says the market isn't great here. Unless you have a Rolex or seamaster or speedmaster it's hard to get a decent price..

It's automatic. The blurb on the Omega website states that it is the 2500 caliber movement, self winding with 48 hour power reserve :

"Self-winding chronometer, Co-Axial escapement movement with rhodium-plated finish"

Thanks again for the input. I'm not mad to sell it, just not wearing it as much as I'd expected. I'd keep it happily rather than sell for 1k, recognise fully something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay, but I'd definitely keep it if that is all the value is. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Thanks for the input

Watchfinder has a silver dialled one for £1,990 so you might get more than €1,000 especially if you wanted to trade it. Although the watch is only a couple of years old, IIRC it’s the earliest version of the 2500 co-ax. I have one which I bought from an AD in Chester when it was ceasing to be an AD. The purchase would have been mid 2015 and I think I paid about 55% of them retail price. I may have got a better price as I also bought an annual calendar Skyfall AT the same day.

I knew it wouldn't last long, just not a fan of pvd coated watches. Wore it last night to try it out and it's not a bad watch at all.

TC-9 1970's diver and is a homage to the Seiko 6105, comes with a Seiko NH35A which is same as the 4R36 in a Seiko watch.

https://tc-9watches.mysimplestore.com/products/pvd

They cost £299 new but I'm looking for what it owes me which is $250 that I gave as trade value. The watch comes with the black/gray zulu strap and a black two piece strap. There is no box, I believe these came with some sort of travel case and I guess the previous owner kept it.

Postage from the US will be extra but should be reasonably priced because it will be a small box or padded envelope.

Quickie shot by me

ZmlPC28l.jpg

And a few by a previous owner

rS8476ml.jpg

Umug2g5l.jpg

C4tUgPHl.jpg

A few extras to add to the above watch, price is the same $250 net to me and you cover shipping.

Canvas watch/strap roll plus two unworn Dagaz zulu straps. The pouch is 9 inches and is in 3 compartments.

kMP8seul.jpg

Also included is a Boker DW-1 knife which is pretty cool, my hands are way too big for it.

rgxlZWVl.jpg

fTpmJ9Cl.jpg

9SHKaWEl.jpg

Unfortunately no one here wanted TC-9 and it just sold on eBay for $375 + postage

• Registered Users Posts: 12 IamNew

Hi all, brand new blue alpinist (SPB089) for sale on adverts.ie (I can't post links yet). Feels too big for me since I've gotten used to 34 and 36mm watches. If you find it cheaper anywhere else I'll match it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

IamNew wrote: »
    Hi all, brand new blue alpinist (SPB089) for sale on adverts.ie (I can't post links yet). Feels too big for me since I've gotten used to 34 and 36mm watches. If you find it cheaper anywhere else I'll match it.

I understand the price but I think it's be crazy to spend that much on it. The green one is knocking around for half the price.. don't get me wrong it's lovely and I'd buy it at 450 but the market is a little nuts on this one

Advertisement