Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do shopping centers annoy you?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I only know of two shopping centers that charge to use the toilet and they both located in city centers. Are they suburban one's that charge as well?

You must have your spellcheck set to US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Soulless Consumer Citadel Inc.

They demand a faustian contract with your soul in return for taking a quick piss when picking up some beers in Tesco.

We hipsters wouldn't be seen dead buying beer in Tesco. Their craft selection is rubbish! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,567 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Like many others here I only go at off peak whenever possible, know what I want to get in advance and where, and just get in and out as efficiently as possible. No interest at all in wandering around "for a look" most of the time.

Parking is always a mess. Not so much finding a space at those times but idiots parking too close, or driving the wrong way down the lane out of ignorance/laziness and causing a jam.

The Mall culture of car driving America has taken over.

WTF is shopping anyway? Do you need to visit every shop or what. Just draining and mind numbing.

The distances you have to walk, and up and down escalators and trying to find anything is just off putting.

I went to Dundrum for the first time (yes) in March. Never, ever again. Ever.

Dundrum - as I've said before here - is probably the best example of this culture alright... overpriced, pretentious shyte (and full of people who buy such things), really badly laid out (it's like they took Blanch SC and tried to squeeze it into an area a third of the size), and they have the neck to charge €3 parking for this "experience"

I genuinely can't stand the place.. I'd drive to Blanch before I'd give them the custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,853 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Without touching any substance legal or illegal, I alway felt totally stoned coming out of those airless brain numbing places. Or else my legs would give out, then I'd have to sit down, but where?

Ah yes, one of the many clones of America, Mcd, Costa, BKing, right.

Then you come out into real daylight and try to find the car. Wonderful experience. Not.

I love an oul ramble around Dublin city warts and all. At least you are in the fresh air most of the time, and can observe life going on around you, unlike the Stepford brigade in the MALLS. Jaysus.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Patww79 wrote: »
    There'd be a riot in Blanch if they tried it.

A dirty protest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,451 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I was in Dundrum and Blanch the weekend, and I thought it was quite funny how you could tell straight away the difference in shoppers social standing in each place
    If you had to cover your face on the way ,The second you walk into a shopping centre you can tell what the surrounding area is like, or maybe its because Dundrum is a brighter new shopping centre and im talkin pony haha,
    Ps im not a snob I felt more at home in Blanch

I don't mind a bit of shopping now and then, and I quite like a mall full of a nice mix of department, chain and unique stores, with plenty of parking, out of the summer heat or the winter cold. Bonus points for a decent food court that sells more than Mc D's, and a multiplex.

So there.

No, they don't annoy me. If they did I just wouldn't use them and then they wouldn't annoy me anymore. Life offers up simple but elegant solutions at times.

Advertisement