Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wednesday

• 10-09-2019 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Listowel 4:15

I was going to give this race a long look, but I've landed straight on the value here in Barra at a big price. She was backed in Galway but everything went wrong from the start. I think she is better on soft.

2 Points EW 33/1 365

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

aidankkk wrote: »
    Listowel 4:15

I was going to give this race a long look, but I've landed straight on the value here in Barra at a big price. She was backed in Galway but everything went wrong from the start. I think she is better on soft.

2 Points EW 33/1 365

Have been rubbing the chin on Barra since this morning.
    If the real Yorkhill shows up he eats them, the mad sh1te.
    Can’t take my eyes off A Toi Phil if it stays soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Aidenkkk is never too far wrong so I might bite on this one.

Anyone know how many places ew PP will pay out for this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Who else is on the Yorkhill band wagon today.........
    wahheeyy......
    Grab a beer lads, cos this mad bastard is great craic!
    HON THE YORKIE!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought Dell Arca was the interesting one. Worth a small bet e/w.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

On Barra myself. Got 25s with 365. Would've bolted up in Kilbeggan 2 runs ago bar a fall at the last

• Advertisement

John Duggan on Newstalk all over Barra also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Have done Barra and Icantsay e/w for the interest. Had Black Scorpion but got refunded. Always find it a bit of a Cnut of a meeting tbh.

Wonder who's picking up the ride on Dell Arca. Tom Scu is out with a broken wrist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Kerry National.

Na Trachtalaí Abu is over priced at 33/1. Midlands National winner last time out placed in last years Munster national. Overpriced.

Poker Party - was brought down in the Galway plate fairly early. Has to have a chance at 16/1. Jumps well and could be thrown in off 10st 5 lbs, featherweight.

I can't see York Hill, I just can't. Even if he ran a blinder he needs to give over a stone to the rest of the field, there will definitely be an improver getting in there at around 10 stone. 7/1 is fúcking garbage.

I see Johnny Murtagh has sent 2 horses to Laytown, I am backing them both.

Is the Barra love in down to the weight lads??
    Can't have it myelf, especially, nothing personal, but with the jock on board

• Advertisement

She was placed in the mares novice at Cheltenham in 2017. Placed in an expensive handicap hurdle in Leopardstown in 2018. She has won a beginners chase. She should have won the midlands national only for falling at the last.

She looks overpriced, but she is a mare/filly and they are well able to spit the dummy when they want to. But it is not impossible.

Nothing wrong with the jockey IMO. Will be riding plenty of winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Blinkers_off

barra for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.40 Carlisle, Sendacard around 9/4, backed to win

1.50 Doncaster, Lazuli, short at around 2/5 but looks way too good. Backed to win and both backed in doubles.

Nice days racing, good luck to anyone betting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Prosecution and icanstay for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Quizzical shouldnt be too far away. 3:05 16/1

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    She was placed in the mares novice at Cheltenham in 2017. Placed in an expensive handicap hurdle in Leopardstown in 2018. She has won a beginners chase. She should have won the midlands national only for falling at the last.

She looks overpriced, but she is a mare/filly and they are well able to spit the dummy when they want to. But it is not impossible.

Nothing wrong with the jockey IMO. Will be riding plenty of winners.

Friends with connections of a horse, i won't say who for obvious reasons, but the horse is in the HDB stable and won in DR a while back but has had a few bad outings since under said Jock. Now the lads are not idiots, they know their stuff, to say they were underwhelmed with the performance of the Jock would be to understate it......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Last few bets.

2.15 Carlisle, Nat love, laying 3 places on betfair 11/8 I don't think it will be placed

2.25 Doncaster, Hariboux, laying 3 places, even money. I don't think it will be placed.

2.40 Uttoxeter, Mason Jar, around 4/5, I backed it to win and it's my best bet of the day.

3.05 Listowel, Angels Amy around 13/8. layed this hard I honestly can't see it winning, vying for my best bet of the day.

I'm out

Nibbled at two more at Listowel out of badness -

Spruce Meadows 3.40

Exit Poll 5.25

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Some craic if Barra wins boys!

aidankkk wrote: »
    Quizzical shouldnt be too far away. 3:05 16/1

Got 4th, ran well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cal naughton

3.05 listowel. Angel's amy red hot favourite gets pulled up from the stalls. Didn't complete a furlong surely that run will be void?

Right! F**k it!
    Done Barra ew...
    Can't be letting ye have all the fun lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

doubled down on Barra as well now with all the hype! :)

Friends with connections of a horse, i won't say who for obvious reasons, but the horse is in the HDB stable and won in DR a while back but has had a few bad outings since under said Jock. Now the lads are not idiots, they know their stuff, to say they were underwhelmed with the performance of the Jock would be to understate it......

Good to know Roger, a bit of the inside story is priceless in this racket. What I would say however is that apprentices have an awful time of it. They simply have to do what they are told. If they are no good they don't get the rides and that happens very quickly if your crap. I would say Elliott has a good notion of what his best claimers are, there are plenty of good apprentices through his hands the last few years. He wouldn't be giving the leg up to any shight.

3.05 listowel. Angel's amy red hot favourite gets pulled up from the stalls. Didn't complete a furlong surely that run will be void?

You will be lucky. As per the race official race result the horse is pulled up.

Fooooking scumbags, you couldn't be up to them.

https://www.irishracing.com/result?race=Listowel_Wed_11th_Sep_2019_3_05&prc=096&prd=201909111505

"prominent, eased inside first furlong, soon pulled up"

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

Anyone backing move with the time at 5/2 seriously need their head tested. Small e/ om raven hill for me

Drifting like a barra-ge!

Good ol Yorkie.....
    Travelling well, had the fence, jumping slick, looks comfortable half way around, goes 2 in front and then just says "ah feck this for a game of soldiers" and gives up!!!!!!!!!!
    That feckin mad bastard of a horse!!

As for Barra..................

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Kerry National.

Na Trachtalaí Abu is over priced at 33/1. Midlands National winner last time out placed in last years Munster national. Overpriced.

Poker Party - was brought down in the Galway plate fairly early. Has to have a chance at 16/1. Jumps well and could be thrown in off 10st 5 lbs, featherweight.

I can't see York Hill, I just can't. Even if he ran a blinder he needs to give over a stone to the rest of the field, there will definitely be an improver getting in there at around 10 stone. 7/1 is fúcking garbage.

I see Johnny Murtagh has sent 2 horses to Laytown, I am backing them both.

BOOOOOOM Muddafúckkaaaaas

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

State of yer wan.

Advertisement