Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription Book Box in Ireland

• 02-09-2019 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ashes2014

Has anyone tried this yet?

https://www.thebookresort.ie/

I have a friend in Cork and I was considering sending a once off box for her birthday, be good if I didnt have to box up a pressie and try and get to the post office. Wouldn't it be great if they opened late even one evening a week!

Comments

• ashes2014 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this yet?

https://www.thebookresort.ie/

I have a friend in Cork and I was considering sending a once off box for her birthday, be good if I didnt have to box up a pressie and try and get to the post office. Wouldn't it be great if they opened late even one evening a week!

I've not tried it but i signed up to unlimited kindle books on Amazon a while back and cancelled it soon after because so few of the books were ones i wanted to read.

I'd be weary of sending a box of books to someone as a gift while having no input into what they will get, what genres etc.

For your friend, why not order a book or two on Amazon, select gift wrapping and tick the box for "this is a gift", so they don't include the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ashes2014

I've not tried it but i signed up to unlimited kindle books on Amazon a while back and cancelled it soon after because so few of the books were ones i wanted to read.

I'd be weary of sending a box of books to someone as a gift while having no input into what they will get, what genres etc.

For your friend, why not order a book or two on Amazon, select gift wrapping and tick the box for "this is a gift", so they don't include the receipt.

I actually went for it in the end and she loved it-chocolate is always a winner. She got it the next day and they sent her a birthday card too. The book was The chain so was a fairly new one. Definitely worth it.

Advertisement