Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing lessons Cork

• 21-08-2019 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi, my son (7) would love to try fishing but we don't know anything about fishing! Does anyone know of somewhere in Cork we could book a lesson suitable for an adult and child? What would be the easiest type to start with? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Hey.

So fishing is a broad term, It depends really whats best suited to you and nearby.

Have you a river, lake, or the coast nearby?

What are you interested in fishing for? Pike, coarse, Saltwater species, trout or salmon.

The above are all quite different in methods and equipment, and all come with different rules and regulations but nothing that would turn you off.

Let me know whats best suited with nearby water and we can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

As ardinn said, it's so broad. The one thing is that within very easy reach of the city are all forms of fishing.

One thing that might be worth doing is heading out on an evening trip on the harbour. You'd get good fishing this time of year and the young lad would be almost certain to catch something. Check out corkbass.com or his Facebook page is Eire bass. Richie is a very competent instructor. 'Jim from Cork' is a poster here and would also be worth contacting by pm. I'm fairly sure he does guiding too but open to correction.

Advertisement