Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bulk printing 35mm photos

• 20-08-2019 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,

I'm looking for a cheap place to print my 35mm photos in order to sell them.
    I heard Harvey Norman have a printing service but I'm not sure if they're that old skool.
    I feel Conn's/John Gunn will deliver with quality, but might charge a fair bit for their service. I'm looking for something in between.
    Any ideas?

Any help appreciated.
    xCIAN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Have you considered buying your own film scanner if you have enough it might make sense.

or renting a scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cianay

sheesh wrote: »
    Have you considered buying your own film scanner if you have enough it might make sense.

or renting a scanner

I should have mentioned that I've got my own Epson Perfection 4990 and I scan my negatives each time I get them back from developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

If you're looking to sell them, you probably want to pay a few extra pennies pretty print for good quality printing. If they're not taking good care of their chemistry, prints will silver and/or fade over time, annoying people who purchase them. They're also just going to look better.
    If you've scanned and tweaked your photos, you probably want prints to look like what you've seen on screen, and to stay looking that way. The best way to do that is work with the same lab all the time, and generate custom color profiles for all their equipment & paper combinations that you might use, I'd they can't already provide those.

Advertisement