Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,247 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    The amount of polish youth must far outnumber African youth, but you rarely if ever hear of polish youth gangs if there is such a thing causing trouble.

Interesting point.

Polish seem to have integrated very well into Irish society. Have other nationalities not? If not, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Thespoofer wrote: »
    In a way I'm glad it happened. Just to confirm, I'm in support of the Gardaí and wish the Garda involved a speedy recovery.

The fact that it has happened to one of there own will hopefully set the ball rolling in tougher policing, sentencing, punishments etc.

One can only hope.

A Garda being assaulted has never happened before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

6 wrote: »
    Interesting point.

Polish seem to have integrated very well into Irish society. Have other nationalities not? If not, why?

Culture.

Some cultures are brutal and savage and of no worth or benefit to the people in them or around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Thespoofer wrote: »
    In a way I'm glad it happened. Just to confirm, I'm in support of the Gardaí and wish the Garda involved a speedy recovery.

The fact that it has happened to one of there own will hopefully set the ball rolling in tougher policing, sentencing, punishments etc.

One can only hope.

The Gardai do not try and sentence suspects. The judiciary are failing the Gardai with suspended sentences recently for assaults on them.

A lot of the judges in this country live in some sort of unicorn,rainbow land not connected to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

alta stare wrote: »
    Cant have the public knowing about these things.
    Newswise, it's a local scuffle and judging by the report linked to over very quickly. Really no big deal at all but yeah a lightning rod to the send 'em home brigade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Nope. Iv seen it happen myself so i know what they are up against. The local community down my way have had their issues with these youths and their views about their kind have rapidly changed for the worse.

Gardai are too soft on them....on anyone who does such things for that matter.

Gardaí have been up against this kind of stuff for a long time. Why is it suddenly such a big issue when black kids are involved?

The Gardai do not try and sentence suspects. The judiciary are failing the Gardai with suspended sentences recently for assaults on them.

A lot of the judges in this country live in some sort of unicorn,rainbow land not connected to reality.
    The Gardai don't sentence anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ultraviolence

I wonder why the youths in this country have so much hatred towards the gardai. I mean, you don’t have to like them but to physically assault them, now that crosses the line. I’ve seen many snapchat videos of youth calling them pigs, trying to start fights with them and even running away from them. No respect towards the people who serve and protect our communities 24/7. Really sad.
    Youth act like this because they know they can get away with it. The 5 african lads in that video, were arrested & released the following day with no charges. No discipline in this lawless country.
    I always have said, deport any foreign national if they commit a crime in this country, along with their family.
    Ireland let them live here and they thank us by attacking the gardai? Sad and pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

is_that_so wrote: »
    Newswise, it's a local scuffle and judging by the report linked to over very quickly. Really no big deal at all but yeah a lightning rod to the send 'em home brigade.

We've avoided having ghettoisation in this country by and large and most immigrants integrate well. In this case there seems to be a case of ghettoisation causing social problems and these teenagers thinking they are above the law. It's a problem that needs to be stamped out.

Stop screaming racism as it distracts a genuine issue that needs to be addressed or are you asserting that anyone calling this a problem is racist? because I certainly am not in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

MrFresh wrote: »
    Gardaí have been up against this kind of stuff for a long time. Why is it suddenly such a big issue when black kids are involved?

Not saying your wrong but can you provide a source to where a garda was beaten on the ground by a gang of Irish irish kids of white origin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

These lads need to be rounded up and sent packing. Good riddance.

Not saying your wrong but can you provide a source to where a garda was beaten on the ground by a gang of Irish irish kids of white origin.
    His point is about this type of general anti-social behaviour. That comes in many forms. This is just one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

MrFresh wrote: »

No it isnt just an issue when black kids are involved but they dont do themselves any favours either. They seem to act as if they are living in South Central LA.

I grew up on an estate which would have had its fair share of issues with the Gardai and not once was a Guard ever assaulted in that manner. These boys dont give a toss.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Need Irish army on the streets of drogheda to deal with this level of scum

We've avoided having ghettoisation in this country by and large and most immigrants integrate well. In this case there seems to be a case of ghettoisation causing social problems and these teenagers thinking they are above the law. It's a problem that needs to be stamped out.

Stop screaming racism as it distracts a genuine issue that needs to be addressed or are you asserting that anyone calling this a problem is racist? because I certainly am not in any way
    It's the above the law idea that's an issue and it is true with this age group. Under 18 it is very unlikely they'll end up sanctioned by the law or locked up. Like all of this type of behaviour it comes down to a very, very small cohort. In inner city Dublin, for example, I believe it's 40-60 kids. Once they get to a point where they can be imprisoned as an adult many of them stop.

Fully agree with the post above

Deport any criminal AND their entire family back to wherever they originated from (for example back to nigeria if parents arrived here from there 10 years ago)

That would make these clowns think twice

Make that 25 years.

Need Irish army on the streets of drogheda to deal with this level of scum

A bar fight that spilled out onto the street? Yeah, good plan alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

His point is about this type of general anti-social behaviour. That comes in many forms. This is just one of them.

If it was 1 random teenager attacking a Guard I'd understand, but a gang that's not general anti- social behavior, that's a new issue. Its the fact they seem to hangout in such big numbers, you don't see generally Irish kids of 13 hanging out with 17 year olds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Despite being 1.38% of the population, they make up 85% of the marauding gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Much ado about nothing so is what you're saying? Time to move on til the next time when some Garda goes out his front door for the last time.

• Advertisement

doylefe wrote: »
    Despite being 1.38% of the population, they make up 85% of the marauding gangs.

That statistic is racist. It should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

I wonder why the youths in this country have so much hatred towards the gardai. .

Because their parents don't provide any kind of authoritative control at home and so, when they encounter Gardaí, they don't have any respect for the authority they have.

Unlikely, it wouldn't be reported anywhere. Garda assaults simply don't make the news very often.

No it isnt just an issue when black kids are involved but they dont do themselves any favours either. They seem to act as if they are living in South Central LA.

It seems to only cause outrage when black kids are involved. The last stats showed that between two and three Gardaí are injured per day. Where's the outrage? In the last few weeks, two Gardaí have been dragged along by cars. Where are the threads full of these folks concerned for Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

These lads need to be rounded up and sent packing. Good riddance.

They are Irish. Irish born in most cases. Where do you plan on sending them?

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Back to Africa please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Off back with their non-working parents to the Congo.

If it was 1 random teenager attacking a Guard I'd understand, but a gang that's not general anti- social behavior, that's a new issue. Its the fact they seem to hangout in such big numbers, you don't see generally Irish kids of 13 hanging out with 17 year olds.
    I see all sorts of sizes of kids hanging out with each other. Gang is not a new issue, it's been there since time immemorial. Given the "social" occasion they could well have been emboldened by extra substances. A few arrests is always a good way to shake off hangers-on who think it's cool and expose the main antagonists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

We need the purge, Navan and Drogheda have turned into some kips over the last 15-20 years something has to give!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Need to vote in politicians who would legislate to deal with this issue

Unfortunately none of the mainstream parties will deal with it. (I mean FG FF SF Lab Greens)

There are alternative parties who say they will deal with the problems Irish society is facing.

Much ado about nothing so is what you're saying? Time to move on til the next time when some Garda goes out his front door for the last time.
    You really are a drama queen. There was no risk to life and limb so get over yourself. The street in question is very close to the Garda station. Yeah it is a much ado, any Saturday night can involve similar types of anti-social behaviour.

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    We need the purge, Navan and Drogheda have turned into some kips over the last 15-20 years something has to give!
    Have you ever been to either? Reports on this suggest they were not local.

Advertisement