Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wanabe Camper Owner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Hooked

Stupid question probably but I'm new to this. How do you tell if it's a proper camper ?

On the logbook - it must say MOTOR CARAVAN

Otherwise it’s just a ‘van’ or a commercial vehicle that someone stuck a bed and a gas hob into.

I legally converted a VW T5 ‘van’ into a camper. It requires engineers reports, revenue paperwork, vrt to be paid (sometimes) and new log book (plus lower road tax).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hi is the standard T5 high enough to get camper insurance

If it is a T5, like mine, that is a tin top (standard metal roof) then AFAIK only Richardson’s insurance (Allianz) will insure it ONCE you’ve joined the motor caravan club.

No other insurance company will touch a low roof conversion.

Advertisement