Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My €100m BEAM scheme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

wrangler wrote: »
    It's scandalous that , after IFA getting €50m from Europe, some desk driver fecks it up like that for farmers.

TBH it's was an EU stipulation with similar to what happened with the milk support scheme. However taking the drought year into account for farmers drawing sub 1K it not really worth doing. They should have dot a derogation to the 5% rule or people below nitrates of 150 could have being excluded. On the other hand you could draw down the money and ignire the 5% and if it happens it happens

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eddiek

Can somebody please explain how to calculate the nitrate limit for the 5% without going on agfood.like if a >2yr is 65kg and sold at jan 19 is it half 65kg for reference year.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭High bike

eddiek wrote: »
    Can somebody please explain how to calculate the nitrate limit for the 5% without going on agfood.like if a >2yr is 65kg and sold at jan 19 is it half 65kg for reference year.thanks
    its calculated on a daily basis,go back to one of Wranglers posts on this thread and click the link to get the break down of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

eddiek wrote: »

Page three- I presume the info is accurate.

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/ruralenvironment/environment/nitrates/InfoLeafletNitrates220915.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Does that mean getting your figure down for the last few days of the reference period will not work? Like say you sold a bunch of heifers before the end of June 2021? You would be below the reference figure on 30th of June but may not have been up to that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭epfff

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Does that mean getting your figure down for the last few days of the reference period will not work? Like say you sold a bunch of heifers before the end of June 2021? You would be below the reference figure on 30th of June but may not have been up to that point?

My reading is its going to be very difficult to run tight to the 5% you will have to error on the side of caution.

It will be possible to make app or spreadsheet that will calculate nitrates for you each day but any blip in sales/movement in your last days could mess everything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Dozer1

tried working this out and its painful....think its the first scheme in awhile I'll give a skip to.

Dozer1 wrote: »
    tried working this out and its painful....think its the first scheme in awhile I'll give a skip to.
    same as that you need to have a crystal ball if your a suckler farmer

Is there any sense in applying and drawing down the money. Then by 2021 if you don't reach the target take the penalty? Theres nothing else to lose really? And the penalty is staggered, so if you reach 3% reduction and not the 5%, you don't have to give back all the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

High bike wrote: »
    same as that you need to have a crystal ball if your a suckler farmer

a lot of suckler will give this a skip i reckon as just not worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Is there any sense in applying and drawing down the money. Then by 2021 if you don't reach the target take the penalty? Theres nothing else to lose really? And the penalty is staggered, so if you reach 3% reduction and not the 5%, you don't have to give back all the money.

i agree but my cynical mind is that this scheme could be used as a 'quota' for any future schemes... saving that i don't know anyone that is really planning on growing suckler numbers in the near term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

Pretty much what I’m doing-I can always look at it as an interest free loan lol. I’ve applied anyway and I’ll decide later on if I stay in it. That’s what I did with the genomics scheme and I did end up pulling out so we will see. V hard to predict what ill be at in 2021!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭jfh

That's exactly how I'm thinking. Intend to cut back a few sucklers anyway so will suit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

You only have to reduce numbers for one year. That's what my teagasc man told me.

If thats a fact it may be easier to make mind up whether to apply or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

If you have the full tag number to hand the mart could tell you if/when they were slaughtered. Years ago I had to do up a herd book for a finishing fella near the end of the year & the tag entry section shows the date of slaughter & factory number too.
    Not saying they will do it, but they can :pac:

Mart can’t do that now with gdpr and wouldn’t have access to that info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Mart can’t do that now with gdpr and wouldn’t have access to that info.
    Log onto your Agfood account. Go to AIM and click on View Herd Profile, scroll down to the very end of the screen and you will see a box "View Animal Details". Manually input the tag number of the animal that you want to check, click "view animal details" beside it. It will open another window which gives basic information about the animal (If you scroll down further you will see movements, progeny and compliance cert information). If you look in the middle on the left hand side of the screen you will see a box called Exit Date with a date in it and beside it another box called Status. The Exit Date is the date that the animal was removed from DAFM system and the Status box will say Dead or Exported depending on the status. When you have finished checking one animal hit return on the bottom left hand side and check the next one.

I hope the above makes sense.
    Edit to say that the animal doesn't have to be still in your herd. If there is nothing in the Exit Date and Status box than the animal is still alive within the State.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭amacca

Base price wrote: »
    Log onto your Agfood account. Go to AIM and click on View Herd Profile, scroll down to the very end of the screen and you will see a box "View Animal Details". Manually input the tag number of the animal that you want to check, click "view animal details" beside it. It will open another window which gives basic information about the animal (If you scroll down further you will see movements, progeny and compliance cert information). If you look in the middle on the left hand side of the screen you will see a box called Exit Date with a date in it and beside it another box called Status. The Exit Date is the date that the animal was removed from DAFM system and the Status box will say Dead or Exported depending on the status. When you have finished checking one animal hit return on the bottom left hand side and check the next one.

Edit to say that the animal doesn't have to be still in your herd. If there is nothing in the Exit Date and Status box than the animal is still alive within the State.

Thank you. Thats what I was wondering if you could do. thats going to be very informative. Interesting to know what animals were bought for etc

Thanks for sharing the above.... I got to that animal detail page but unfortunately I can't see any exit date box on my page.
    Edit: I found it for an animal that died as a calf to the knackery but not for animals I sold at mart which I know are now dead.

I don't buy or sell through the mart but I reckon that if there is no information in the Exit and Status box then the animals are still alive.

• Advertisement

I don't buy or sell through the mart but I reckon that if there is no information in the Exit and Status box then the animals are still alive.

Not arguing with you at all... But I can see from icbf profile when bullocks etc were killed as I still have their dams. But no exit date showed up for me. Maybe it's just an isolated case. Thanks for the above info steps anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

Not arguing with you at all... But I can see from icbf profile when bullocks etc were killed as I still have their dams. But no exit date showed up for me. Maybe it's just an isolated case. Thanks for the above info steps anyway.

On ICBF no exit date is shown for animals which are exported to Italy, Turkey or go up the north etc i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭memorystick

I can't see how to apply for it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

1sGPaEWl.jpg

8cRf0iFl.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

For better or worse I applied just now.

Straightforward process. The application had in it the number of animals in my herd that qualified, after me going through the blue book and adding them up! At least we both got the same number 😀

Tick a couple of boxes and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Does anyone know if its possible to change the reference year? in 2018 i was down a significant number on what i am now. 2018 was a bad year and i fell below what i normally keep but got back up over the last few years. My reading of this is i will have to reduce numbers significantly to qualify for payment if 2018 is the reference year.

RobinBanks wrote: »
    Does anyone know if its possible to change the reference year? in 2018 i was down a significant number on what i am now. 2018 was a bad year and i fell below what i normally keep but got back up over the last few years. My reading of this is i will have to reduce numbers significantly to qualify for payment if 2018 is the reference year.
    Unless you had a good reason for reduced numbers like TB I doubt you can change the reference year.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

RobinBanks wrote: »

Appeal this on Force Majeure Grounds to beam@agriculture.gov.ie

See Terms & Cons of the BEAM scheme, read it to make sure ya know what ya are signing up for. Instructions on how to apply, step by step are on Page 14 onwards.

• Advertisement

P.S. A reduction of less than 4% shall incur a 100% penalty :(

Advertisement