Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Lucas44 wrote: »
    Interesting to see Ethan mcilroy play tomorrow we all know who is brother is, wonder will all the feminists be out to protest
    Why would they? Is there something wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I can absolutely guarantee you most people have no idea who Ethan's brother is unless they follow schools rugby.

If anything if you asked the general public they'd probably ask is it Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

Is the game on TV tonight. Expected to see it on BT sport's but no sign?

Is the game on TV tonight. Expected to see it on BT sport's but no sign?

On eir sport

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Well to be fair we are one point ahead of where I thought we'd be so far from the 3 "Holiday" Inter Pros.

Dismal start, physically Leinster bullied us in the pack.

However the lads showed a lot of bottle and will probably take a fair bit of confidence from how that game ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I can absolutely guarantee you most people have no idea who Ethan's brother is unless they follow schools rugby.

If anything if you asked the general public they'd probably ask is it Rory.

That’s exactly who I thought of first before realising from the way the post was framed who he actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Curtis will be out for a while and I think Hume is still injured, so I'd love to see Moore get a few more runs at either 12 or 13.

Curtis will be out for a while and I think Hume is still injured, so I'd love to see Moore get a few more runs at either 12 or 13.

For me Moore looks to have serious potential. I'm a fan of Hume's, but Moore may even be on a different level to him. Time will tell. But sometimes young kids just stand out straight away, and Moore did that last night. I'd also say Harry Byrne did it (and then some). There was some really exciting young talent on show last night.

Ethan McIlroy looks the busines as well, albeit he probably has a year or so of physical development ahead of him before he becomes a genuine option for Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

bilston wrote: »
    For me Moore looks to have serious potential. I'm a fan of Hume's, but Moore may even be on a different level to him. Time will tell. But sometimes young kids just stand out straight away, and Moore did that last night. I'd also say Harry Byrne did it (and then some). There was some really exciting young talent on show last night.

Ethan McIlroy looks the busines as well, albeit he probably has a year or so of physical development ahead of him before he becomes a genuine option for Ulster.

If Moore can stay fit word is he will have a great future in the game.

• Advertisement

Ulster team to play Connacht, Guinness PRO14 Round 9, Friday 27 December at Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 7.35pm):

(15-9) Will Addison, Robert Baloucoune, Luke Marshall, Stuart McCloskey, Louis Ludik, Billy Burns, John Cooney;
    (1-8) Jack McGrath, Rob Herring (Capt), Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Kyle McCall, Tom O’Toole, David O’Connor, Nick Timoney, David Shanahan, Bill Johnston, Craig Gilroy.

That team's much more like it. BOOM

Connacht team:

(15-9): Tiernan O’Halloran, John Porch, Tom Daly, Peter Robb, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade (Capt) (1-8): Paddy McAllister, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Joe Maksymiw, Eoin McKeon, Paul Boyle, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Denis Buckley, Dominic Robertson McCoy, Niall Murray, Eoghan Masterson, Stephen Kerins, Kyle Godwin, Stephen Fitzgerald.

Should be a good game, on paper Ulster are definitely a stronger side, I'd say Ulster by 10. Good chance of a bonus point too.

Looks to me that McBurney has passed out Andrew, and Baloucoune is in the process of passing Gilroy.

Will give Paddy a bit of an extra-loud cheer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭connachta

Connacht team:

(15-9): Tiernan O’Halloran, John Porch, Tom Daly, Peter Robb, Matt Healy, Conor Fitzgerald, Caolin Blade (Capt) (1-8): Paddy McAllister, Dave Heffernan, Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Joe Maksymiw, Eoin McKeon, Paul Boyle, Robin Copeland.

Replacements: Shane Delahunt, Denis Buckley, Dominic Robertson McCoy, Niall Murray, Eoghan Masterson, Stephen Kerins, Kyle Godwin, Stephen Fitzgerald.

Should be a good game, on paper Ulster are definitely a stronger side, I'd say Ulster by 10. Good chance of a bonus point too.

Except young Murray on the bench, that's a decent team
    But without Aki, Butler & Thornbury, the little chance we would have had is nearly none.
    just have to try to produce the best they have

https://www.the42.ie/dan-mcfarland-ulster-pyschology-4933539-Dec2019/

I really hope we get another contract out of Dan. All indications are, 5 years of this fella would be superb for the team. Maybe similar to the difference Chieka made to Leinster.

Looks to me that McBurney has passed out Andrew, and Baloucoune is in the process of passing Gilroy.

Will give Paddy a bit of an extra-loud cheer.

I know he didn't go so well away to Quins when he came of the bench, but other than that McBurney has been excellent all season for us. I think he will be passing Herring this time next season.

Good team out tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Can any Ulster heads let me know if that match day bus from the Europa is the handiest way of getting back post-match or would taxis be handy got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Can any Ulster heads let me know if that match day bus from the Europa is the handiest way of getting back post-match or would taxis be handy got?

Bus is grand if you get out sharpish...you can get a taxi but to be honest it's not that much quicker. Download the fonacab app if you want a taxi. Probably the biggest taxi firm in the city. Order via the app.

• Brilliant, Brilliant support for Ulster there. Epitomises the 16th man and Connacht stymied as a result.

Coetzee and Ludik gone early is a shame, but Addison put in probably one of the biggest hits of the year there on Robb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Your getting a clinic here for anyone wondering why Luke Marshall wasn’t included in the Irish squad.....his distribution is worse then some props

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

If ulster had a lineout this could’ve been even bigger

Bridge93 wrote: »
    If ulster had a lineout this could’ve been even bigger

Yeah the lineout has been absolutely woeful, think they lost 4 or 5 of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

comenting is so ulster focused its embarresing,

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That bloody band should be cited and banned.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

gally74 wrote: »
    comenting is so ulster focused its embarresing,

Theyre winning by 32 points and connacht have been woeful.

Called a bonus point but didn't think it was going to be that comprehensive of a defeat. Defence was superb, wingers made some amazing reads to shut things down fast too. Addison was unreal.

Lineout was brutal though. Scrum wasn't much better either. Looks like Marcell is probably going to be out for a couple of weeks as he was away with the fairies when he was walking off, Ludik looked grand after he came back to the bench.

Once Coetzee and Ludik are fine I’m happy out.

Is it just me or has Balacoune put on a bit of timber?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Long time since I've seen Ulster playing with such relentless aggression. Very impressive.

Can't believe there was nothing called for that 'tackle' on MC. More of a headbutt than a tackle.

Addison really good, as was RB.
    Lineout went to pot in the second half, that's a concern for a tighter match. Couple of 5m ones could have really made a huge score. But that aside, pack was superb, on top all night.
    Marshall's distribution wasn't great I agree, far from his best asset.

Advertisement