Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2018-19 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Thought he answered a question at a practice? Didn't see a tweet....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

JR Smith in trouble for tweeting he would like to be traded. And his side ho ain't happy either.....:rolleyes:

I dont mean to sound rude, but dam hes just stupid
    Is it his life goal to get fined

• Registered Users Posts: 19,904 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

watched the Celtics against the Bucks last night, and both Kyrie and Hayward looked a lot better and more comfortable. Tight game , the Bucks look good. And of course Giannis looked a class above again.

Still the Celtics at 6-2 after a shaky start to the year is very decent !!

On another note, would any team be mad enough to take on JR Smith ? A contract of $57 for 4 years signed in 2016 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

kmart6 wrote: »
    Thought he answered a question at a practice? Didn't see a tweet....

You may be correct, I read it as a tweet and the way it was phrased suggested a tweet, but it may have been a question. Apologies.

Does that mean you follow Smith on twitter?:eek:

Anyone see the Patrick Beverly "sliding tackle" on Westbrook the other night?
    Dirty, dirty play at around 2:15:

Lots of history between them obviously and some taunting in the game itself, but that's potentially a serious injury type play there.

• Advertisement

Does that mean you follow Smith on twitter?:eek:

God no, saw Woj tweeting it and was phrased as a question to Smith.

irishman86 wrote: »
    I dont mean to sound rude, but dam hes just stupid
    Is it his life goal to get fined

The reality is a $10,000 fine means nothing to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

LMFAO

Man fvck the Warriors! :pac:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1058557088518103040

Giannis with a nice triple double as they run up 144 against Sacramento.

Jimmy Butler "resting" again tonight. This story needs to move on and fast, so I'm hoping it's trade related.

On a completely different note, was catching up on pods over the weekend. Simmons was talking about tickets prices in New Orleans. You can get a floor seat 3 rows back from the court for as little as $100 for some games. And that was on a resale market. That's insane value, I've paid multiples of that for average/crap seats across the League and never been anywhere near 3 rows from the court. I realise it's New Orleans and there's a million things to do there (drink mainly :rolleyes:) and that football is king in Louisiana, but wow. I've been there twice but there were no games on both times I was there. Did get to an LSU football game in Baton Rouge though - that was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The Jimmy stuff is mad, they've reportedly had offers of Josh Richardson or 4 Rockets first round picks on the table, both of those are great deals for a guy who refuses to play, is hated by your franchise player, and will be gone in a year anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Giannis with a nice triple double as they run up 144 against Sacramento.

Jimmy Butler "resting" again tonight. This story needs to move on and fast, so I'm hoping it's trade related.

On a completely different note, was catching up on pods over the weekend. Simmons was talking about tickets prices in New Orleans. You can get a floor seat 3 rows back from the court for as little as $100 for some games. And that was on a resale market. That's insane value, I've paid multiples of that for average/crap seats across the League and never been anywhere near 3 rows from the court. I realise it's New Orleans and there's a million things to do there (drink mainly :rolleyes:) and that football is king in Louisiana, but wow. I've been there twice but there were no games on both times I was there. Did get to an LSU football game in Baton Rouge though - that was pretty cool.

Went to pelicans bucks about 2 years ago, think we paid less than $10!

Raptors playing without Kawhi tonight, away to the Lakers, they're up 42-17 after the first quarter. Ibaka has more points than the Lakers.

The Jimmy stuff is mad, they've reportedly had offers of Josh Richardson or 4 Rockets first round picks on the table, both of those are great deals for a guy who refuses to play, is hated by your franchise player, and will be gone in a year anyway.

It is and it isn’t.

I wouldn’t do either of those trades to be fair as they’re getting pennies on the dollar for him. Butler is a Top 20 player, Richardson is absolutely not.

The picks will be crap for at least 2 of those 4 drafts.

I get all the chemistry and other issues with Butler; but no, I’m not giving him away for SFA either.

Chandler to reach buyout with Suns, will sign with the Lakers as per Woj.

No tampering again from the Lakers.;););)

Can’t see him helping much, he’s way past his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wendall Carter Jr looking very promising defensively for the Bulls.

In him and Lauri, they might actually have a nice start of a rebuild.

I can’t wait for GarPax to trade them both for a packet of crisps during the all-star break.

Paully D wrote: »

I can’t wait for GarPax to trade them both for a packet of crisps during the all-star break.

:pac:

They might take Butler back. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Paully D wrote: »

Don't even joke about it man, any foolishness is possible with that pair.

If we could manage to get a starting five of Dunn, LaVine, Parker, Lauri and Carter on the court together for any period of time would be a start...

That Duke (4) v Kentucky (2) game last night was off the charts talent wise with 7 of the projected Top 15 in this years draft on court. Biggest loss ever by a 2 seed since rankings began and biggest loss ever for Calipari at any level. Talk already of Duke going undefeated. Don't see it myself, but they're certainly very talented.

Williamson looks like Barkley at his most athletic at times. It's so weird looking at him because he's so big you just don’t expect that level of athleticism from him. He may not be the best player in college basketball, but he's likely going to be the biggest name in college basketball by year end. He may even get picked 1st for the profile/branding/ticket sales etc. over a superior player if he continues this.

Williamson's proportions and athleticism are nearly unheard of. 6'7, 285lbs, and with a 45" vertical. Literally the only player in the NBA listed as heavier than him is Boban Marjanovic (7'3, 293lbs), with the heaviest player under 6'9 being Yabusele at 260lbs (and his recorded vertical is 27" :p)

I'd be terrified about how long his knees can sustain that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Heading over to see the Bucks and Giannis tonight, I think it will be a good game, I’ve really been looking forward to watching the Bucks

• Advertisement

Heading over to see the Bucks and Giannis tonight, I think it will be a good game, I’ve really been looking forward to watching the Bucks

Lucky b@sta@rd! Enjoy.

Could be an insane no. of 3s in that game if they both go all out.

Lucky b@sta@rd! Enjoy.

Yep, hopefully one of those record setting nights, I’ve a feeling there will be a few this season

Lucky b@sta@rd! Enjoy.

Not the game I was expecting by the Warriors, they were very out of sorts, Bucks brought it big time and Warriors didn’t have an answer, never got a run going.
    I will say the Bucks look legit, they just destroyed Warriors in the paint, Bledsoe was fantastic and Giannis is the real deal, he was nearly unguardable tonight, one of his lay ups started at the 3 point line, crazy to see it.

Lucky b@sta@rd! Enjoy.

Not sure if you followed the Patrick McCaw story but it’s so bizarre to me. He basically rejected the Warriors contract offer and hasn’t played since so either he wanted more money or didn’t want to play for Warriors, iam presuming it’s the money.
    So he is kind of in limbo, don’t think he received another offer.
    Warriors signed McKinnie in his place on a non guaranteed contract but problem for McCaw is that McKinnie is playing really really well, McCaw could of shot himself in the foot here.
    McCaw has had some good moments for the Warriors but let’s be real, this team makes average players look good
    Why would you risk your place on this team, I know it’s a business etc but iam sure they have him a decent offer plus he will have a good shot at another ring

Didn't McCaw end a very quiet season that ended with a horrible injury? He should've taken any contract handed to him.

Didn't McCaw end a very quiet season that ended with a horrible injury? He should've taken any contract handed to him.

Yep, he landed badly on his back after Vince Carter accidentally cut under him, it looked really bad but he was ok in the end, no serious damage, just bruised up I think, he didn’t play for a bit alrigh as a precaution but did play again in the playoffs
    Yep, had a quite season after a good showing in the playoffs the year before

Read an article last week somewhere that was saying the main cause for his holdout on signing was down to family members who are now acting as his representation. There was also an angle on it that he want's more playing time, yes money is an issue, but that he would prefer to be playing more. Of course people will say well he would have been playing more just look at McKinnie now but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Teams aren't willing to overpay fringe players from the Warriors anymore, they've seen enough examples of players who have floundered in a different system.

"Minnesota has traded Jimmy Butler and Justin Patton to Philadelphia for Robert, Covington, Dario Saric and a 2022 second-round draft pick, per league sources"

Seems like a lot to give up for him but Atlantic Division stacked now with Raps, Celtics and 76ers

Also, 15th January Minny @ Philly...100% watching this should be fireworks!

• Advertisement

Well at least it's over.

My first take - Minny did well out of this.

Butler's behaviour has been atrocious throughout this saga and he's had locker-room issues everywhere he's been. You'd have to have some concern for his impact on Simmons, Embiid and particularly a vulnerable Fultz. I have concerns about his health and age, and given his style of play I wonder how long it is before his game declines. On a first glance, I'd say Minny are the winners on this.

That said, if he helps push Philly over the top, then it's worth it - but that's am long shot IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement