Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alien: Covenant *Spoilers from post 747*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

The writer of Prometheus got a lot if criticism, but isn't this universe Scott's (and others involved with the original) creation?
    It seems like there's a whiff of making it up as they go along, or the original big picture story Scott had was crap or he thinks the new one is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Ipso wrote: »
    or the original big picture story Scott had was crap or he thinks the new one is better.

Hey! Don't diss Blue Space Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Was not david is just a head last we saw him?

Davids-head.jpg

When Shaw was rappelling out of the crashed ship at the end, you can see they took David's body too, sent it to down the rope before she rappels out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

evosteo wrote: »
    12274548_10153678527116605_7526493259206569164_n.png?oh=769f6f3bc6e4691be0b0e9d71c027ffc&oe=56BB9729

"Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

taken from the alien facebook page

Sounds like the plot from the recent "Fire and Stone" Alien/Prometheus/Predator comic series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I wonder if they'll rebrand Prometheus as "Alien: Prometheus" now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Or going by Scott's recent hankering for religious themes - Alien: Jesus Christ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

They better keep Noomi Rapace in this, fantastic actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Belial

So Blomkamp's sequel will (or 'would have' - hopefully 'will'!) focus on a grown-up Newt.

blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/michael-biehn-says-neill-blomkamps-alien-wouldve-focused-on-newt-2-xenomorphs-rumored-for-alien-covenant-20151123
    "They’re planning on bringing me and Newt back and at this point Newt will be around twenty-seven years old," Biehn said. "I know that every actress in Hollywood is going to want to play this one, it’s really a passing of the torch between Sigourney and this younger actress who would play Newt."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So we will disregard Alien3 - not happy with that, it's a great film .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't think you need be too unhappy.

Blomkamp's idea is dead in the water.

It was ridiculous to begin with TBPH.

• Advertisement

So we will disregard Alien3 - not happy with that, it's a great film .

I'll disregard Aliens 3 and 4, AvP and AvP II, Prometheus and Prometheus 2, and you can disregard Blomkamp's movie, if it is ever made, OK?

(I may disregard it, too, depending on the reviews.)

I'll disregard Aliens 3 and 4, AvP and AvP II, Prometheus and Prometheus 2, and you can disregard Blomkamp's movie, if it is ever made, OK?

(I may disregard it, too, depending on the reviews.)

Agree with all , except Alien 3 - especially the "directors" cut ... underrated film.
    Tony EH wrote: »
    I don't think you need be too unhappy.

Blomkamp's idea is dead in the water.

It was ridiculous to begin with TBPH.

I thought it was going ahead ?

Last I heard it was "shelved".

Tony EH wrote: »
    Last I heard it was "shelved".

Well, hope this Prometheus 2 makes up for the awfull tripe of the 1st.

Well, hope this Prometheus 2 makes up for the awfull tripe of the 1st.

You are more hopeful than me!

You are more hopeful than me!

Purely because last time I checked Damon Lindehoff has nothing to do with this one ...

I liked most things about Prometheus bar the writing and the crazy editing in the last 3rd. The film gave a terrible sense of how many people were on that ship with them suddenly vanishing (and some reappearing after being killed earlier).

The trailer is probably the best thing about the whole film :pac:

IIRC, the trailer was really only a copy of the great trailers for 'Alien' and 'Aliens'.

But, it sure made it look like a much better film than it actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Be interesting to see what Scott does with the Alien Queen since that was separate from his film. I doubt it'll be in this film or even acknowledged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Would love to see Scott make use of some proper body-horror this time around.

This concept art of Holloway dying like this when he was in bed with Shaw would've been rotten to see. Rather than immediate death from a chestburster, this thing just slow peels itself out :(
    prometheus_concept_art_chest_burst_film_1-e1350686072577.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Alonso77

http://www.blastr.com/2016-5-23/leaked-alien-covenant-set-images-portray-shocking-slaughter

(Spoilerish) looks intriguing!

Seems like Alien Covenant is official title too (for thread title)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Is Noomi definitely in this?
    We now have new from Deadline that she is in the movie after all, on set in Australia at the moment.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Thank f**k. It would be silly if she wasnt in it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I dunno, I reckon they only brought her back because of the fan reaction and she'll be Newt'd in the first 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

she'll be Newt'd in the first 10 minutes.

:D

I dunno, I reckon they only brought her back because of the fan reaction and she'll be Newt'd in the first 10 minutes.

The other possibility is that she'll appear only in the last 10 minutes - Charlton Heston in Beneath the Planet of the Apes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Pictures from the sets look interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Were people actually clamouring for her inclusion? She wasn't the worst thing about the last one, but she certainly wasn't good.

Advertisement