Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That wasn't what was said or even alluded to. It was said that believing all women for the fact they are women is ridiculous
    For the same crimes men get more prison sentence when convicted in court than women.

But it is a convenient box. To believe "all women" or to believe "all Antifa" is equally ridiculous. that was the point.

It suggests all women are the same and the actions of a few speak on them all. Same with Antifa. At least the antifa one is a little more legitimate in it covers a belief. The women one is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

perhaps reading comprehension and/or being able to decipher what the tone/meaning of the post is are not your strongest points. (actually, no perhaps there at all)

It is quite clear what the poster was inferring.

it was very clear and you somehow have still not got it. ask yourself this: who would be invading poland in 1939 to help their friends and allies coming from the west? who do think that might be?

It suggests all women are the same and the actions of a few speak on them all. Same with Antifa. At least the antifa one is a little more legitimate in it covers a belief. The women one is ridiculous.

No it doesn't. It states a ****ing statistic. Women do get more lenient sentences for the same crimes as men.

it was very clear and you somehow have still not got it. ask yourself this: who would be invading poland in 1939 to help their friends and allies coming from the west? who do think that might be?

germany.

He was alluding to the fact that theyd be helping the Nazis get milo because of his homosexuality, his attraction to black men, his jewishness and his camp traits.

It was a tongue in cheek play on the fact that the Fascist Nazis would have hated him as much as the people who call him a Nazi.

germany.

He was alluding to the fact that theyd be helping the Nazis get milo because of his homosexuality, his attraction to black men, his jewishness and his camp traits.

It was a tongue in cheek play on the fact that the Fascist Nazis would have hated him as much as the people who call him a Nazi.

i see geography is not your strong point. what friends and allies would germany have in 1939 that were coming from the west?

• Advertisement

i see geography is not your strong point. what friends and allies would germany have in 1939 that were coming from the west?

Germans. Germans would come from the west. Into Poland, which is East of Germany.

The quote was:

"This day in 1939 20Cent and Matt would have been marching over the border in to Poland, to help their friends and allies coming from the West"

Now while you want to insult my geography/history etc, perhaps your reading comprehension could do with a little overhaul.

The poster said that certain other posters would be marching into Poland to help THEIR friends and allies coming from the West.

This obviously alludes to the fact that the posters "Friends and Allies" are the Nazis coming from Germany who would be fighting against Milo as virulently as Antifa are now.

I'm sorry you didn't understand, but perhaps you might take a lesson from this to fully be sure that you aren't just reading what you want to read in order to attack others.

Germans. Germans would come from the west. Into Poland, which is East of Germany.

The quote was:

"This day in 1939 20Cent and Matt would have been marching over the border in to Poland, to help their friends and allies coming from the West"

Now while you want to insult my geography/history etc, perhaps your reading comprehension could do with a little overhaul.

The poster said that certain other posters would be marching into Poland to help THEIR friends and allies coming from the West.

This obviously alludes to the fact that the posters "Friends and Allies" are the Nazis coming from Germany who would be fighting against Milo as virulently as Antifa are now.

I'm sorry you didn't understand, but perhaps you might take a lesson from this to fully be sure that you aren't just reading what you want to read in order to attack others.

**** me. dunning-kruger in action.

**** me. dunning-kruger in action.

Jesus man. It was quite simple. The lad was jokingly saying that Matt and 20Cent were acting like Nazis with their hatred towards Milo and would have sided with the baddies in order to shut him down back in the day.

It was a throwaway remark, not intended to inflame or to offend.

Now, because you didn't get it, you are getting pissy and are throwing dunning-kruger into it?!

It's cool man, you didn't get the reference and it went over your head. Don't double down on it. Just say, "oh right, I misinterpreted what you were saying". It must be crippling to be so insecure that you can't admit to something as simple as not understanding a post.

Oh and for what it's worth, I had to google Dunning Kruger - it doesn't apply in this scenario.

Jesus man. It was quite simple. The lad was jokingly saying that Matt and 20Cent were acting like Nazis with their hatred towards Milo and would have sided with the baddies in order to shut him down back in the day.

Now, because you didn't get it, you are getting pissy and are throwing dunning-kruger into it?!

It's cool man, you didn't get the reference and it went over your head. Don't double down on it. Just say, "oh right, I misinterpreted what you were saying".

kim-jong-un-impersonator-who-goes-by-the-name-howard-x-yawns-on-his-picture-id968778762

• Advertisement

It's cool man, you didn't get the reference and it went over your head. Don't double down on it. Just say, "oh right, I misinterpreted what you were saying".

honestly you are embarrasing yourself and i am actually starting to feel sorry for you. If their allies were coming from the west they could hardly be german could they? given that germany didnt have allies in that direction. the only country that invaded poland in 1939 that had allies coming from the west was Russia. You did know that germany and russia were allies in 1929, right?

honestly you are embarrasing yourself and i am actually starting to feel sorry for you. If their allies were coming from the west they could hardly be german could they? given that germany didnt have allies in that direction. the only country that invaded poland in 1939 that had allies coming from the west was Russia. You did know that germany and russia were allies in 1929, right?

I'll say it one more time chief.

The ALLIES of the POSTERS would have been the NAZIS from GERMANY who were coming FROM the WEST into Poland in the EAST.

It was a joke saying that the posters allies would have been Nazis as they both would have hated Milo so much.

He wasn't speaking about Germany's allies and friends, he was saying that Germany WERE the allies and the friends.

It's ok. If you hadn't been so condescending, I would have felt sorry for you too.

I'll say it one more time chief.

The ALLIES of the POSTERS would have been the NAZIS from GERMANY who were coming FROM the WEST into Poland in the EAST.

It was a joke saying that the posters allies would have been Nazis as they both would have hated Milo so much.

He wasn't speaking about Germany's allies and friends, he was saying that Germany WERE the allies and the friends.

It's ok. If you hadn't been so condescending, I would have felt sorry for you too.

talk about doubling down. i withdraw the feeling sorry remark. I'll leave you to embarrass yourself.

You did know that germany and russia were allies in 1929, right?

I do. Absolutely nothing to do with the throwaway joke that you are (incorrectly) trying to dismantle.

These cows are small..... those ones are faaaaaaaaaaaar away.

talk about doubling down. i withdraw the feeling sorry remark. I'll leave you to embarrass yourself.

I'll leave you to it man. A joke went over your head. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Apparently Milo has booked rooms at the furry convention and is going a anyway with some of his friends. The organisers are trying to ban him.

This could be Charlottesville all over again but with furries.

Statement from the organisers

https://twitter.com/FurFest/status/1173687577087479808?s=19

20Cent wrote: »
    Apparently Milo has booked rooms at the furry convention and is going a anyway with some of his friends. The organisers are trying to ban him.

so charlottesville with added hilarity?

Ha.

"This could be Charlottesville all over again but with furries"!

Excellent phrasing. You're on form today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Antifa must be wetting their pants. Gather your bottles of piss, clubs and bike chains, fellow warriors in arms… another opportunity awaits us to beat down some guys we don’t like when they’re isolated and not bothering anyone? And don't forget your masks so the police can't identify us after we partake in the brutal beatings and property destruction we so love?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It seems like I have missed nothing in the month I have been banned. Still going around in circles, still prodding each other to get a reaction. I think it's come to a stage where I think both sides should just accept that the other won't/can't agree or see it from their side.

This is an easy one to walk away from.

Best of luck.
    That went well

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    Antifa must be wetting their pants. Gather your bottles of piss, clubs and bike chains, fellow warriors in arms… another opportunity awaits us to beat down some guys we don’t like when they’re isolated and not bothering anyone? And don't forget your masks so the police can't identify us after we partake in the brutal beatings and property destruction we so love?

If taking the piss out of furries is akin to being a Nazi then I guess I have to go and grow a small moustache.

who needs masks when you are dressed as a furry?

You literally could be talking about any group of thugs affiliated with any movement.

Can anyone tell me what's Milo's point at this stage?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    That went well

Indeed. The conversation diversified slightly though so I felt compelled to join in again.

A few people who I thought were devoid of humour have proven they can have a joke. (although one or two have proven to be just as I expected)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

so charlottesville with added hilarity?

To observers I'm sure it would look pretty funny but furries are actually people in suits so would feel pain.

Wouldn't surprise me if one of the nazi furries drives his furry dog car into a crowd.

You literally could be talking about any group of thugs affiliated with any movement.

the same as it has always been. the grift. nothing more. he desperately needs publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

Supercamp attention seeking gay stereotype that had loads of attention, who no longer has loads of attention, is trying to make people notice him because he misses the attention.

Essentially he's begging for people to notice him. No different to any of the attention whore wannabes that pop up on reality TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

randd1 wrote: »
    Essentially he's begging for people to notice him. No different to any of the attention whore wannabes that pop up on reality TV.
    I didn't realize he was one of the Democrats running for president. :pac:

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Most of us aren't in 'merica boss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,639 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

randd1 wrote: »
    Supercamp attention seeking gay stereotype that had loads of attention, who no longer has loads of attention, is trying to make people notice him because he misses the attention.

490860.PNG

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-spicer-begs-americans-to-stand-for-christ-by-helping-him-win-dancing-with-the-stars/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement