Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slimming World - II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Great question! I'm mostly the same, it depends what meals I'm having. If I have boxty and PB Fit for brunch I often forget to have my HeB and am usually sad about it (lol) , I'll have a HiFi bar if I remember. If I'm in Dublin I'll go out for a medium skinny cappuccino which is 1 HeA; I started buying Babybel (original half HeA, light 1/3 of HeA) as a treat depending on how much I've left. It's great having that buffer for a second HeA!

Is boxty (boiled pack) still free. I’m on holidays in Leitrim and readily available in shops here. Really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I maintained this week! Considering the amount of **** I ate last week, I'm really happy with that. I'm no further on than last week, but more importantly I'm no further back having to loose pounds I'd already lost!
    Onwards and upwards!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Is boxty (boiled pack) still free. I’m on holidays in Leitrim and readily available in shops here. Really handy.

Sure is! I find it a bit dry and too potato-y, what do you do to it/how do you serve it?

Heyooooo! I was in the papers today :pac:

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1161253768278761472

If any of ye have Virgin 1, I'll be on Ireland AM in the morning! (~10:10am) only contacted when the producer saw the article. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I intend to return to SW next week.
    Last time I was a member, muller light was the go to syn free yoghurt.
    What’s the most SW friendly yoghurt now?
    TIA

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    What’s the most SW friendly yoghurt now?

Welcome back! Muller light is 0.5 syn so it's still brilliant; liberte (unflavoured) is syn-free and HALF PRICE at the moment so i suggest stocking up! Tesco do (unflavoured) quark which is also syn-free and excellent substitution for cream with yogurt. The flavoured Tesco yogurts have a small syn value now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If any of ye have Virgin 1, I'll be on Ireland AM in the morning! (~10:10am) only contacted when the producer saw the article. Woot!

Insane stuff, mate. You've completely crushed it throughout and been an absolute inspiration to me and I'm sure many others here. Well deserved and enjoy the victory lap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Looks like it's about to come up now. They announced it coming up to the ad break.

abff wrote: »
    Looks like it's about to come up now. They announced it coming up to the ad break.

My mistake. Back now and they say it will be on at 10 past.

• Advertisement

Well done Jay. I thought you came across really well.

I could see Simon Delaney's brain whirring as he spoke to you. I wonder will we see a new, slimmer version in a few months' time?

Anyway, I've fallen off the wagon a bit over the past few weeks and was considering skipping tomorrow's meeting. But I know that's a very slippery slope, so I'm going to bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Sure is! I find it a bit dry and too potato-y, what do you do to it/how do you serve it?

Hi well done on the media. I slice it thinly and fry it in fry lite . I fry some some soft eggs and when you cut into them they are delish. Really cuts back on bread. Have had most days and seems like a tweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Going to try to go back this week.

Have just gotten back into a lot of bad habbits and even though I'm not brave enough to weigh myself, I can feel that I've gained and I just want to begin the process of reversing that.

On paper its not a great time because I'm going on a 2 week holiday just over 2 weeks (to Japan!) but at the same time, I think if I don't start again now, it will only be worse when I get back.

Historically I've not gained too badly on this type of holiday. I'm hoping that by eating japanese food (they're a slender bunch!) and being active tourists that I'll hopefully maintain at least and not be demoralised on my return!

Went to Vietnam for 2 weeks when doing SW last time and lost 2.5lbs even though we were drinking and eating out. I guess all the moving around just kept us busy and there wasnt so much snacking.

The class I have my eye on is with a leader I've gone to before but its a newer class, at 7.30am.... am I right in thinking that the class itself won't start til 8am? Reason for eyeing up the much earlier class is that I've found some of the classes very drawn out, and I'm hoping people attending at that hour will mean business and not want to dilly dally!

SOz, ya only have to look after one day (today!) Don't fluster yourself with everything at once! Plus in Japan you'll be able to eat healthily :) also, I'm jelly!

Hey! Thanks so much for your lovely words! I made a vid watching the interview and chatting SW and boards gets a wee mention!

I bit the bullet and went to yesterday's meeting. As expected, I had put on weight, but only 2 pounds, so it could have been a lot worse.

Trying to get back on track, but we have visitors arriving tonight, so it's going to be a challenge!

Fair play Jay! You've done an amazing job!

Guys, any suggestions for easy to reach, no prep snacks? Stuff to replace that slice of delicious fresh bread, or packet of crackers? I'm getting a bit sick of apples and carrot sticks all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sunshine2018

So have lost 14.5 pounds in 4 weeks which is great but I’ve fallen off the wagon ! Don’t know what’s wrong with me - I only lost .5 this week and was disappointed- I know that’s crazy as I’ve done so well 😬 any help or advice - I know it’s stupid but I’m so tired of trying to lose weight abs always be watching what I eat
    Maybe I just need to refocus on my goal

scarepanda wrote: »
    Fair play Jay! You've done an amazing job! Guys, any suggestions for easy to reach, no prep snacks? Stuff to replace that slice of delicious fresh bread, or packet of crackers? I'm getting a bit sick of apples and carrot sticks all the time.

Cheers! My main advice here would be to eat your fill at mealtimes, so you don't snack.
    - if you're trying to drink 2+ L of water per day, a lot of the time you're not hungry but rather thirsty!
    - Getting your belly-full is something all it takes, so a coffee or tea would do the trick. You probably know but it's what I do to cut down on snacking.
    - Fizzy water with cordial tastes super-fancy and a lot "cleaner" than coke and such.
    - Boiled eggs are great (esp with a little salt)
    - Pickles too - lovely brine-y McDonald's burger taste! they even come in crinkle cut!
    - Ham slices - u could wrap them around a laughing cow and add some hot sauce (usually negligible cals so free)
    - Ready chicken - Iceland do delicious ones, like mango and coconut (1.5 syn)
    - Chiver's jelly pot (1/2 syn) is really great value for calories and filling (9 cals!)
    - Muller lights are now 1/2 syn
    - Different fruits (eg apricot is so easy to cut) and quark (fat free cottage cheese) is fast and syn-free. Whip in cordial if u want it flavoured! Caramel flavouring is my fav.
    - Pan Boxty fried on a griddle (1.5 syn) with PB fit (2 tbsp is 3 syn) is one of my favourite mid-morning snacks, it's really filling so worth the 4.5 :)

Hope some of that is of use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Started SW last week and happy to be down 2.5 pounds for my first week. But I'm really struggling with it. I've discovered that I'm the kind of person who eats what I feel like when I want to. Finding it hard to do any sort of planning. I seriously want to do this but don't know if I actually can.

First week I concentrated on cutting out coke and as much chocolate as I can. Was very good with syns etc. Seem to have lost motivation alreadyðŸ™

Any tips,?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

In my third weigh in, I'm down 5.5lbs. I'm surprised and happy, as I was up 1.5 on my second weigh in, and I missed last week.

I find it hard to plan ahead too.

EDIT: Tesco do these meals made easy things, and I can't for the life of me figure out the syns of things that aren't in the app. I'm really tempted to get the mac and cheese one. Is there a nice slimming world mac and cheese recipe?

neemish wrote: »
    Started SW last week and happy to be down 2.5 pounds for my first week. But I'm really struggling with it. I've discovered that I'm the kind of person who eats what I feel like when I want to.Finding it hard to do any sort of planning. I seriously want to do this but don't know if I actually can.

First week I concentrated on cutting out coke and as much chocolate as I can. Was very good with syns etc. Seem to have lost motivation already🙠Any tips,?

"Eating what you feel like, when you want to" has gotten you here.

Much like everyone here, (including me!) you'll need to mend your relationship with food. Create new habits, new routines. If you can think of SW as more of a health overhaul with weight loss as a consequence, it works way better.

You'll need to have something deep inside you to draw upon when you're feeling low - reasons to keep going. Maybe it's a certain dress (so hang it outside your wardrobe) or how someone made you feel (put their picture up) or how you hated how you looked (put a pic in front of your vices to remind you).

More practical advice would be to not bring your binge foods into the house. You only go to the supermarket once but pass the sweets press a few times a day. Out of reach, out of mind. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Meeeee79

Has anyone tried the SP weeks? I have holidays in 2 weeks and would love a weight loss boost before hand!

However, I have tried previously dong SP and find it a bit too strict and run the risk of bingeing cos I feel a bit deprived! Any thoughts or tips that anyone found useful about this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SP one day on, one day off works with some in our group. A full SP week is difficult and I'm not sure it's recommended.

Cheers! My main advice here would be to eat your fill at mealtimes, so you don't snack.
    - if you're trying to drink 2+ L of water per day, a lot of the time you're not hungry but rather thirsty!
    - Getting your belly-full is something all it takes, so a coffee or tea would do the trick. You probably know but it's what I do to cut down on snacking.
    - Fizzy water with cordial tastes super-fancy and a lot "cleaner" than coke and such.
    - Boiled eggs are great (esp with a little salt)
    - Pickles too - lovely brine-y McDonald's burger taste! they even come in crinkle cut!
    - Ham slices - u could wrap them around a laughing cow and add some hot sauce (usually negligible cals so free)
    - Ready chicken - Iceland do delicious ones, like mango and coconut (1.5 syn)
    - Chiver's jelly pot (1/2 syn) is really great value for calories and filling (9 cals!)
    - Muller lights are now 1/2 syn
    - Different fruits (eg apricot is so easy to cut) and quark (fat free cottage cheese) is fast and syn-free. Whip in cordial if u want it flavoured! Caramel flavouring is my fav.
    - Pan Boxty fried on a griddle (1.5 syn) with PB fit (2 tbsp is 3 syn) is one of my favourite mid-morning snacks, it's really filling so worth the 4.5 :)

Hope some of that is of use!

Hey!

Thank you for all those suggestions! I don't know why I didn't think of boiled eggs! Been having them this week and found out the toddler loves them as well :-)! (She's starting preschool soon so a nice one to have for break with a fussy toddler!) And it's so nice having sweet tea guilt free using sweeteners tablets instead of sugar!

Last week I was eating my fill, but I was also grazing a lot and I think it was because I was coming down from all the **** I had the week before between making the toddlers birthday cake, the party and then the day of her birthday we brought her up to Dublin for the day. None junk food wasn't quite hitting the spot but all back to normal now.

We have a wedding this week and then hopefully nothing major till November.

I've 5lbs lost in 3 weeks, which probably isn't all that much for the first few weeks, but I'm happy out with it considering all the temptations that have been around. And I didn't regain any weight which I was delighted with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Well I’ve been way off plan in the evenings at the moment. Return to school after maternity and the four year starting school has meant a big change in the house. My breakfast and lunches have been on point but I’ve had a LOT of chocolate in the evenings. Heading back this morning and hoping to start properly again.

Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement pack and sit in on new members without resetting your history? I’ve been going each week so I don’t need to rejoin but after 8 months I could do with a reboot

Glad to hear from ya mirrorwall! Ya you don't need to be a new member to sit in on the talk and such - some of the girls in my class did it to get their head back on straight :)

Just about eating lots of choc at night - make sure you're getting enough to eat for dinner. Like have seconds and thirds of you need to (make sure to keep ⅓ ratios!) - treats should be because you want the taste of something, not to get satiety, or else you'll scoff it too quick and blow your syns! It's something I'm working on, and getting my fill of dinner (and seconds later) really curbs the binge eating!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Well I’ve been way off plan in the evenings at the moment. Return to school after maternity and the four year starting school has meant a big change in the house. My breakfast and lunches have been on point but I’ve had a LOT of chocolate in the evenings. Heading back this morning and hoping to start properly again.

Does anyone know if you can buy a replacement pack and sit in on new members without resetting your history? I’ve been going each week so I don’t need to rejoin but after 8 months I could do with a reboot

Yep, they'll give you a new pack for free, just ask, and you can sit it on the new members talk as many times as you like.
    I just sat in recently myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Yep, they'll give you a new pack for free, just ask, and you can sit it on the new members talk as many times as you like.
    I just sat in recently myself.

It was 20e! But I got it and I’m using it. Been fully on plan now since Saturday despite two insane days at work the last two days and a sick kid this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

It was 20e! But I got it and I’m using it. Been fully on plan now since Saturday despite two insane days at work the last two days and a sick kid this evening

That's crazy. They have always been given out free in our group. I do the cash for our group, and no ever has there been a charge, and that has been with 3 different consultants.

Advertisement