Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The International 3

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kinda related to the international, I bought the compendium like 4 days ago and unfortunately for me it was too late to get the mammoth bait or pretty much any of the smeevil upgrades, anyone know if there's other ways to get them?

mayordenis wrote: »
    Kinda related to the international, I bought the compendium like 4 days ago and unfortunately for me it was too late to get the mammoth bait or pretty much any of the smeevil upgrades, anyone know if there's other ways to get them?

You could buy them the player sales stores, get most of anything from there. I'd wait for a week or so when people start putting them up in hordes and prices will be lower

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great final! Smarties for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just watched the last two games after heading to bed after game 3 last night. What a final, that last game was just crazy

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

S4 is easily one of the smartest and best all round players atm. I felt really happy for Loda as he has waited so long for this moment and his near constant 'ready' status on IRC pickups has finally paid off :p

one thing though, Na'Vi banned chen-naga every game and Wisp was the problem (for both teams). I really think puppey shouldnt have kept to his guns and changed it up a bit. he banned so aggressively towards Akke & EGM that I feel he let his team down a bit with it. if he had just banned naga & wisp i feel he would be able to create a more stable draft. who is to say S4 will take the chen anyway? and if they did, hes easier to play against than wisp. and if they dont take chen, puppey is only one of the best chen players in the world :s
    very strange decisions in my eyes and that stubbornness may have just cost them $800,000. well, who knows.

i knew alliances name was written on the cup, they just seemed to have that about them this year.

in other news, the worst person in gaming - TotalBiscuit - is looking to get into dota 2. basically, because he has a legion of mongs that follow him from flavour of the month to flavour of the month, he feels he can weigh his massive head into dota and be a positive influence.
    he is embarrassingly bad at casting and thinks that volume = excitement, but hes gonna try and take one of the guys jobs because he has a hole in his ego that he needs filled every other month :( he is not the kind of person you want normal people seeing/listening to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Hawk9433

I agree in most stuff with BMMachine, think banning chen was biggest problem cos as u said best chen in the world is in puppey so they probably know how to cancel t so. naga was a good ban as leting it go will give them ability to kill some one easy.

who is TotalBuiscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

XBOCT more than likely a free man now after calling his entire team idiots after the finals.

XBOCT more than likely a free man now after calling his entire team idiots after the finals.

just read up there about it.
    from his VK (russian facebook) account:
    "It is unfortunate that your fate lies on a couple of useless idiots. Thanks for all the support but I don't think Na`Vi will continue with the current roster."

xboct has been there since day one. apparently it could be to do with kuroky calling gg in game 1 too early, but in fairness that was over 10 minutes in.
    probably just drama after losing such a big game, i don't see him leaving na'vi though.
    just seen people wanting Black to replace him >< its amazing how little such a big portion of the fans actually know about the game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I heard he just doesn't like kuroky, game one was a disaster, no way they should have played on, it was the right move to not demoralize a team getting slaughtered. I mean what did he think could possibly happen for them to win?

I think you under estimate black, he plays safer but also makes better mid game decisions imo. Neither of them are as good as other carries though imo (especially chinese ones who really need to change their strats), even though xboct had a good tournament.

• Advertisement

he makes things happen for a team who's entire playstyle is about making things happen. black doesnt make things happen. hes incredibly overrated by the EU scene, excellent player but nowhere near as good as the fans think he is. Id probably take Jeyo over Black now that I think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hawk9433

Lads I just was watching interview from Na'Vi channel on youtube of Dendi (no english translation yet). I was really surprised of what he said. He said that there where a allot of distractions in the team, including language barrier and outside noise in the cabin, plus people where behaving not as a team. Thats not word to word but the meaning is the same. And after BMMachine comment that sounds like Kuroky is going to be gone from Na'Vi and ZeroGravity wrote on twitter that he will talk to team about everything. SO sounds rooster is going to be changed but Na'Vi wont loose such a good players like XBOST.

he just wants Smile back :p

Advertisement