Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couriers - rant

• 15-05-2020 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Seems crazy - struggling with the reality that I can’t drop surfboards down to a shaper and pick up some new boards but can pay a courier/freight company from Northern Ireland to enter the country and do the same run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Yea that's fine the courier is doing other runs to and will cover 20 or 30 peoples journey stopping them spreading the virus. Say home and stay off my waves ;-). Any way you must have lots of other boards to surf. We won't be able to go west legally till 20th of July at the earliest and not car sharing or surfing in groups. Break out the tent too, no B&B's or Hostels.

Thankfully I still have the camper and a list of spots I have alway wanted to go to but have't had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Yea that's fine the courier is doing other runs to and will cover 20 or 30 peoples journey stopping them spreading the virus. Say home and stay off my waves ;-). Any way you must have lots of other boards to surf. We won't be able to go west legally till 20th of July at the earliest and not car sharing or surfing in groups. Break out the tent too, no B&B's or Hostels.

Thankfully I still have the camper and a list of spots I have alway wanted to go to but have't had the chance.

Glad to see hear you are fit and healthy - and looking forward to sharing some waves in the future but I have to say I’m really sorry to report it’s been pumping over here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Where are you? There's been plenty of surf on the east coast but I've been good and respecting the RNLI's request to stay off the water.

Where are you? There's been plenty of surf on the east coast but I've been good and respecting the RNLI's request to stay off the water.
    Someone took this last week
    https://flic.kr/p/2j1Yyew
    Killiney as you rarely see it :D

Return to Sport’ Expert Group Update
    Sport Ireland confirmed today that the ‘Return to Sport’ Expert Group have agreed that surfing,

under conditions set out by the governing body, can be included as a phase one sporting activity.

Individual surfers can return to the water adhering to our Responsible Surfing Code and Surf Clubs and Schools can re-open, operating outdoors, for small group lessons (Maximum 1:3 Ratio) where 2m social distancing can be maintained. 5km Travel Restriction.

It is critical to reiterate the importance of responsible surfing, particularly that people are not enticed to travel past the 5 kilometre distance to participate. It is essential that we do not see a surge in activity and crowds in small and popular areas. Any guidance from the Irish Coastguard must also be adhered to.

It is in the best interest of the surfing community that the public health advice is observed and progress in phase one is successful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement