Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CTYI? *new*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Actually I was thinking along the lines of Barry too. Didn't notice mistake either. :p

Oh and this thing is for people aged 8 - 17 so I doubt you could avail. Although people on this board range from bout 14 to 20+...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

i read it and replaced the whose with those, too. i wonder what else i read wrongly without realising it.....

<<For future reference canard, 'ceux' = 'those'.>>
    or celles. depending on the gender of the object.....so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 b-pup

AS I have ALWAYS said: Ctyi is a military camp. That is why they decomission nuclear weapons and feed them to us as 'canteen food'. I have the theory worked out definitively in a number of manners.
    They could be trying to poison us - kill those that would take over from them; implanting chips to control us or simply conducting experiments upon us homo-superior-alpha.
    There is part one. I'll detail the lot after exams.

I've always prefered Galens theory <unless you are Galen in which case I prefer your older theory> that although it's a military camp, it's one where they attempt to simulate the gassings popular in world war two through subtle usage of our own ... <ahem>... gases. How? Feeding us that hideous slop they called Chicken-fish. ... Although supposedly the quality of food has improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by b-pup
    AS I have ALWAYS said: Ctyi is a military camp.
    Then where's my rifle? I wasn't given a rifle!

And ctyi might just be an attempt to gather all the smart young people together in the hope that someone will blow up DCU. To get rid of us all, you see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Squeee

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    it seems to me that the main purposes of ctyi are:

2)to show those with intelligence that there's more to it than just doing well in school exams,
    Yes....coz, erm, this way we get to see that there is a whole new style of test for us to attempt.Hmm...
    And I feel the commuter's pain who said that contributed to her not going back. It's not fun running back and forth.....granted I live 10 minutes down the road, but STILL.
    CTYI has, however, not changed me remotely, though I've only been here a week. But I was a manic weirdo then, I'm a manic weirdo now. "'YAY!' 'No GIR, that's a bad thing' YAAAY'":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vilea

The ctyi that i remember was the incredible experience of masses of insane people congregated in the same general area with hilarious consequences. Remember the orgies (16+ people with their legs in the air) with music and far too much smashing pumpkins (in a good way). I remeber being a commuter, waking up at half six every morning to get here by 8 and not returning home until 11 at night, going to bed and actually enjoying waking up at half 6 in the summer because it meant i could be here sooner. The three weeks felt like years but passed far too quickly. They melded in to one happy fuzzy memory punctuated by joy and particularly memorable events (Eoin in drag!). It was the epitamy of all things fun and wonderful.

This year i just wanna go home.

Who is Vilea and which Eoin? <there were many>

Yeah... dammit! Neil ask the n00bs to post in the who is who thread first thing. Put it in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Heh, what do i look like, some form of mod??

/me looks at side panel

OH SWEET JESUS HOW'D THAT HAPPEN?!?

Well Neil, when a mammy and a daddy are in love there can be so much love that a new person is made...

Alternatively Fio can pass her modship over to some miscellaneous tramp on the street.

Let's see which one applies. :p

:ninja:

<troll>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

not to be a wanker or anything, but Quiggers (Cormac Quigley / sOl) woulda been better. :p

Not to... well ... ok to be quite the w4nker, NO! NO! NO! Neil is perfect mod material (and he's oh so dreamy)... Cormac would... well I'd be 12 clicked by now cause of the fuss i'd have kicked up. Not that I don't like cormac but I think the c). part of why neil was made mod should apply to him too <neil knows what i mean> :p

:ninja:

incidentally... CORMAC SWALLOWS!

(i love ya really baby)

Originally posted by crash_000
    OH SWEET JESUS HOW'D THAT HAPPEN?!?
    Funny story, actually. Remember the day you woke up, and those dogs were licking your face...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by Aliminator
    not to be a wanker or anything, but Quiggers (Cormac Quigley / sOl) woulda been better. :p
    I disagree. Cormac manages muppetry in ways others can only dream. I reckon Neil was the best man for the job, but I am vaguely regretting there is a job at all...

Incidentally, the people youve mentioned in brackets are mutually exclusive.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually, could you imagine this forum if there was NEVER a mod??

it would almost be comparable to the Spam of 2001 s1......ah memories :D

Adam created a monster. One he should be 12 clicked for. But the admins are nice and forgiving creatures (but not to all you stupid muppets who just arrive here looking to spam this board out of the waters) so he survives. He's even been able to escape the horror that is modding CTYI. Lucky git.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Cormac manages muppetry in ways others can only dream

you're damn right. he told me he was sOl. flaming muppet. i'd burn him if he wasn't in france/spain.

Thankfully the sun will burn him for us.. Or it will if it knows what's good for it anyway... :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

No, I'm just getting a wonderful farmers tan, and yes I am SOL, our good friend Macdara just decided to test our powers of observation.
    Cormac manages muppetry in ways others can only dream
    I try really I do???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Don Accordion

Sorry if I'm just barging into a conversation here, but it's me,Stephen, the guy with the accordion from the last 3 session 2's! I'm only after registering with boards. I found this site with the help of Ed, and I'm not sure who anyone really is here, but I've seen Macdaragh's name pop up a few times, and who doesn't know him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Awaywthdfaeries

At ctyi firedrills are very frequent, so that we get plenty of excercise -economists all pray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

I remember those fire drills.. ahhhh.. Emma.. remember u and me holdin hands on the bed, dropped everythin and walked str8 out.. twas funny.. forgot keys and everythin.... a litle dopey methinks...
    and Hilary- e-mail me! roisingarvey@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

Yeah I remember that fire drill in the night. Everyone was in pyjamas except for a few people (me included).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Awaywthdfaeries

Ctyi is aquiring nicknames (nerddom has nothing to do with spelling)
    eg teapot & bongo boy
    ne1 wanna offer nemore :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neva b complete

the only way i can explain ctyi is that its probably the only place on earth(other then a metallica concert) where the majority of people will feel my friends pain when i say he was forced to listen to a busted cd for TWO hours hes traumatised for life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I have a feeling you could get Stockholm Syndrome from that......

]:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vikki

it has to be said ctyi cant be explained till you go there and experience the nightly gatherings in the quads, the R.A's shouting at you to go to bed--turn off your lights etcetra, the early mornings on the first few days, the cursing when it rains, oh and i musnt forget the horiffic canteen food but we all seem to survive regardless... quite amazing actually!!! But its the best three weeks you could ever have in Ireland (often referred to as "the puddle") mind you the "dressing gowns on thursday" tradition would make you wonder...

*cough*mental problems *cough*

but its a great laugh and where else would you see such crazy clothes???

if you havnt gone... GO!!!
    if you have gone... GO AGAIN!!!
    and if you are too old... HA!!! (cos im not!!!)

if the world was a cookie
    friends would be the chocolate chips!!!

Vikki*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No-one can be told what CTYI is..... you have to see it for yourself

[screen changes to Jack dodging bullets being fired by...oh i dont know... Alim]

Seriously though, CTYI is a chance for all those people in the world who find their intelligence or mild/extreme abnormalities(mental) hinder their social progress

It's also a worthwhile learning experience but the high point for most people (me included) is the social side

/me pinches bridge of nose
    Originally posted by Asuka in February 2002
    Unfortunately, no one can be told what CTYI is. You have to see it for yourself.

</morpheus voice>
    Originally posted by Jaffer about 10 minutes ago
    No-one can be told what CTYI is..... you have to see it for yourself

[screen changes to Jack dodging bullets being fired by...oh i dont know... Alim]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Barry my friend, i wasnt here in Feb 02.

Advertisement