Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

тяжелая атлетик&

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Friday 15th November: ECB club Competition

Body weight: 89.6kg

Snatch:

70kg o
    75kg o
    80kg x

Clean and Jerk:

90kg o
    95kg o
    105kg o +5kg PR

Pretty nervous beforehand, had no idea how my snatches were going to go because they have been terrible for the last week and a half.
    Did about five triples with the bar when warming up to try and find some groove. Then warmed up to 65kg for two singles.

First attempt at 70kg was great, best snatch I've done in ages.
    Second attempt at 75 was pretty good as well but took a few steps forward, but it was better than the last time I snatched 75.
    Third attempt didn't feel high enough to get under, I may have jumped out from under it as well.

Opener for the clean and jerk was ok, clean was a bit ropey but the jerk was fine.
    Second lift, clean was a bit better but felt quite heavy. Jerk was fine.
    Third lift, was going for 102kg but changed as I felt I wasn't putting my full effort into the other two attempts, wasn't being as aggressive as I should of been. Clean was quite tough but managed to make it up, then somehow managed to jerk it, delighted :D

All in all a great day out, 180kg total at 90kg and a sinclair of 209.137. Also got to see some great lifting by the other lifters.
    Gonna take a four break now and return to weightlifting sometime during January. Until then it's front squats five days a week for a month, Yay!!!

Today:

Training at home for the next few weeks. Gonna focus on getting my front squat up to scratch and work on keeping all fingers on the bar in the clean and front squat instead of three.

Clean + front squats:

50kg (1 + 5) x 5

Did a single, pathetic chin up between sets for the craic. Think I'll work on making my chin up numbers less shít, I think the most I've ever done in a set is like 4 and a half lol.

Clean:

60kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    80kg x 1 most I've cleaned keeping all fingers around the bar
    90kg 2 x 1 couldn't keeps all fingers on the bar

Today:

Clean + Front Squats:

55kg (1+5) x 5

Today:

Front Squat:

60kg 5 x 5

Sooo tired today, need to eat better and get to bed earlier.
    Did 2 sets of 5 of chin up negatives. Lats a bit sore after yesterdays chip ups.

Today:

Front Squat:

65kg 5 x 5

RDL:

60kg 4 x 10

Press:

30kg 2 x 5
    40kg 3 x 5

• Advertisement

Today:

Front squat:

70kg 5 x 5

My calves are full of hate from all this front squatting :D
    Looking forward to the next two weeks to see how this squatting goes, I may squat tomorrow or take the weekend off not sure yet.

Today:

Front Squat:

75kg 5 x 5

Today:

Front Squat:

80kg 5 x 5

Today:

Front Squat:

85kg 5 x 5

Today:

Won't be starting a program until next Monday, so I'm using this week to hopefully relearn the snatch cos I somehow forgot how over christmas. On a more positive note I've managed to learn how to jerk.

Power Snatch:

40kg for loads of doubles, all shíte.

Power Clean and Jerk:

60kg 1 x 2
    70kg 4 x 2

Have started power cleaning properly. Before when i did them I wouldn't move my feet for the catch, now I'm doing them with my feet moving to the same stance I'd use for a front squat or full clean.

Back Squat:

100kg 5 x 5

Harder than they should be.

Clean Pulls:

90kg 3 x 5
    100kg 1 x 5
    107.5kg 1 x 5

On the 90kg pulls I lowered each rep to about an inch off the floor before pulling again.

• Advertisement

Today:

Snatch:

40kg x loads
    50kg 1 x 2
    55kg 2 x 3
    60kg 1 x 2

Still terrible but the lighter ones are improving.

Clean and Jerk:

50kg 2 x 3
    60kg 1 x 2
    70kg 2 x 2
    77.5kg 1 x 2

Front Squat:

100kg 3 x 5

best front squats I've done in a while:

Snatch Pulls:

80kg 3 x 5
    85kg 1 x 5
    87.5kg 1 x 5

Today:

Snatch:

40kg x loads
    50kg x few
    55kg x couple
    60kg some

Coming back slowly, had an absolute beauty somewhere in the middle

Clean and Jerk:

Something up to 80kg for three triples.

Frontsies:

105kg 3 x 5

Pretty good, nearly split my shorts in half on the first rep.

Clean Pull:

100kg 3 x 5
    110kg 1 x 5
    120kg 1 x 5

Pretty happy with the 120kg. Was able to keep good positions on the first couple of reps, broke down a bit as I went on through the set.

New program next week which should have me training five days a week, which should be fun.

Right, need to do something productive while my lifting is going shíte so I'm gonna layout my plan for the next five weeks.

I've decided to hold off from moving to five sessions a week. Instead I am going to rerun the program I was on before Christmas. The Christmas break has affected my lifts a lot more than anticipated so I think this will be a good way to get back up to speed.
    I am going to make one adjustment to the program by switching to two front squat days and one back squat day, instead of the other way around.
    I am currently doing a light week this week and will do a test week in four weeks time.
    At the moment I am still debating whether or not to do the competition on the 23rd of February or not.

I am also trying to lower my body weight at the minute, I have been hovering around the 87.5kg mark for the last week or so. I was 85kg this morning but I am guessing I was a bit dehydrated, still counts though :pac:

Today:

Too lazy to log everything. Went up to 63kg for a double in the snatch, technique was much better today. Later on I power snatched 65kg for a PR, pretty happy with this :)

Hurt my shoulder on Wednesday so did some light jerks during my power cleans but decided no to jerk later on when I was doing my full cleans so just did cleans with 75kg 6 x 3, every single one was pure shít :(

May leave the overhead stuff out next week, shall see how the shoulder is on Monday.

Today:

Snatch:

60kg 12 x 1 only one miss, got better as they went on as well.

Clean:

72.5kg 2 x 3
    77.5kg 1 x 2
    80kg 1 x 1
    72.5kg 3 x 2

Still not fully confident with my shoulder so didn't jerk.

Back squat:

80kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    100kg x 5
    110kg x 5
    120kg x 5 Fúck!!! Took a walk on the way up from the 4th rep which focused the mind somewhat :D

Jerks:

bar x tons
    40kg x loads

Fine, no problems with the shoulder. Will probably rest the shoulder in Friday just to be sure and start again on Monday.

Good session today, was happy to get some heavyish back squats done cos I haven't done any in a long time, the cleans were quite good as well :)

Today:

Snatch:

63kg 8 x 1
    Made 5/8. Switched to straps after the first two because my thumbs are bruised and were a distraction, thats my excuse anyway.

Clean and Jerk:

72.5kg 2 x 3
    77.5kg 1 x 2
    80kg 2 x 1
    72.5kg 3 x 2

Meh, cleans were shíte. Jerks varied from good to terrible. Happy enough to be getting a bar above my head again.

Back Squat:

100kg x 5
    105kg x 5
    115kg x 5
    125kg x 5
    137.5kg x 5 PB

Happy with that, 2.5kg up on my last set of five.

Today:

Snatch:

55kg 2 x 3
    60kg 2 x 3 Missed one in both triples
    63kg 1 x 2
    55kg 3 x 3

Clean and Jerk:

Reps in jerk

75kg 4 x 3

Jerks a bit ropey, cleans ok.

Front Squat:

100kg x 3
    110kg x 3
    115kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    127kg x 3
    135kg x 3 PB

Happy with that, I think I'll try 140kg on Monday.

Snatch Pull:

70kg 3 x 3
    75kg 2 x 3

Ring Chins:

10 singles, it's a start anyway :)

Bench Press:

50kg 1 x 8
    55kg 1 x 5
    50kg 1 x 5

What a horrible exercise :D must be 9-10 months since I last did any benching. Probably won't do it ever again lol.

Today

Snatch:

55kg 16 x 1

Three misses which were just lack of concentration. Technique felt really sharp today.

Clean and Jerk:

72.5kg 3 x 3
    77.5kg 2 x 2
    72.5kg 1 x 2

reps in jerk.

Back Squat:

110kg x 5
    115kg x 5
    125kg x 5
    132.5kg x 5
    142.5kg x 3

Balls! Made an absolute meal of the first rep which took a lot out of me. This may be a PR triple but I'm sad cos I wanted a set of five :( It'll have to wait until next week!

Today:

Snatch:

55kg 5 x 3

Clean and Power Jerk:

73kg 2 x 3
    78kg 2 x 2
    70kg 2 x 3

reps in the jerk

I started power jerking yesterday for shíts and giggles and found out that I'm at least as good at it as I am am at splitting so decided I've nothing to lose by doing it for a while. It's taking a bit of getting used to but my lock outs seem to be better and with less shoulder pain.

However when I'm tired they are a bit harder due to having less room for error. Anyway I'll stick to it for the next month or so and see where it gets me.

Back Squat:

100kg 3 x 10

Basically a cardio session

Will do a power day tomorrow, keeping the lifts light to work on technique and speed.

Seem to be hitting a bit of a groove after the post Christmas depression so I'll hopefully start a new program on Monday training five times a week.

Today:

Power Snatch:

40kg 5 x 2

Power Clean and Power Jerk:

60kg 5 x 2

Uneventful session, shed was freezing, pain in hands was atrocious, need a heater. Roll on the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Are you not in ECB anymore?

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Are you not in ECB anymore?

I am but can't get in as much as I'd like to at the minute. I try to get in on Mondays and Fridays and train at home on the other days. It takes me just over an hour each way to get to Blackrock so it sorta takes up a fair chunk of my day.

How's coming back into weightlifting going? Must be looking to compete at 94 or 105 after all the swoletrophy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

DylanJM wrote: »
    I am but can't get in as much as I'd like to at the minute. I try to get in on Mondays and Fridays and train at home on the other days. It takes me just over an hour each way to get to Blackrock so it sorta takes up a fair chunk of my day.

How's coming back into weightlifting going? Must be looking to compete at 94 or 105 after all the swoletrophy :D

Slow and clunky. Nah I did it wrong, I forgot the eating part.

Today:

Snatch:

60kg 1 x 2
    65kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    75kg x 1
    77kg x f,f,1 2kg PR
    80kg x f(close),f(clark)

Delighted with that. I'm glad I missed twice before making it because usually when I miss during a max out it means the session is over. I was slower and more controlled off the floor on the last attempt at 77kg which made the movement much better. this is something I need to work on going forward.

Another reason I'm happy is that I've trained five days a week for the last two weeks and managed to PB without taking a rest week.

Clean and Power Jerk:

73kg 14 singles

Ring Chins:

10 singles

Very hard towards the end. Was very light headed after the latter reps.

Today:

Snatch:

55kg 5 x 2

Clean and Power Jerk:

(1 p.clean+jerk + 1 full clean+jerk)

70kg 4 sets

Chin Ups:

5 x 2

Should be starting a new program next week so I'm just messing around this week and taking it easy in order to be a fresh as possible next week. Power jerks feeling good, much more consistent then my splits.

Today:

So I took last week off because my back was sore on Monday and didn't want to risk injuring it properly before starting a new program. As a result my lifting today was quite shíte :D Timing was terrible.

Snatch:

55kg 5 x 2

missed the second rep on the last two sets

Clean + Power Jerk:

70kg 4 x 3

reps in jerk

Front Squat:

105kg 2 x 3
    110kg 2 x 3

Snatch Pull:

80kg 3 x 3
    85kg 2 x 3

Today:

Power Snatch:

Floor/Hang/Floor

50kg 5 x 3

Power Clean + Power Jerk:

Reps in power clean

70kg 4 x 2

Technique is still a bit ropey but getting better, should be back on form by end of week.
    Power jerks are feeling good, I can see myself sticking with them long term.

Today:

Snatch:

55kg 2 x 3
    60kg 2 x 2
    65kg 1 x 2

Clean + Power Jerk:

75kg 2 x 2 reps in jerk
    80kg 5 x 1 4th was pressed out

Back Squat:

120kg 5 x 5

Clean Pull:

110kg 3 x 3
    115kg 2 x 3

Today:

Snatch:

55kg 2 x 2
    60kg 1 x 2
    65kg 1 x 2
    70kg x 1

Power clean + power jerk:

60kg 3 x 3

Ring chins:

6 x 2

I'll do something like 8 x 2 next and then change to 3's.

Pretty useless session tbh, feck all sleep last night.
    Will hopefully be getting a new program next week.

• Advertisement

Today:

Snatch:

57.5kg 2 x 3
    62.5kg 2 x 3
    65kg 1 x 2

57.5kg 2 x 3 (floor/hang/hang)

Clean + Power Jerk:

75kg 4 x 3

reps in jerk

Front Squat:

110kg 6 x 3

Sorta tough.

Clean Pulls:

110kg 3 x 3
    115kg 2 x 3

Toughest session I've done in a while, very tired now.

Advertisement