Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Haha, I read that so wrong :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

token wrote: »
    I had Wayne powerclean up my dumped jerks tonight, pretty handy. You could probably convince Clarence to do the same for you.

He snatches my back squats :(

I do this too, and try to progress it, i've moved onto stripping to 110. It's probably a terrible idea!

Think I'll keep doing it. It's a nice sneaky way to get some power cleans in when nobody is looking!

Right, took the racer I built out for a shakedown, hit up howth hill again and did the sutton side in 10.05. Tripped the speed recorder at 65km/h. The frame is kinda short so things were gettin' a bit wobbly at that point. Got left for dead by the actual cyclists!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Tripped the speed recorder at 65km/h....Got left for dead by the actual cyclists!

Lance Armstrong?

• Advertisement

Lance Armstrong?

I'll need more drugs.

Righto, 2nd attempt at snatch maxin'

76-80-84(fx3)-84(success)-86(fx3)-86(PR!)-88(f)

Dear Gravity,
    F.Y.C.N
    Regards,
    Ed

****ing delighted with the PB, it's only a kilo but I haven't had a snatch PB since the 11th of November. The dark days may be nearing an end! Nowhere close on the 88, too tired. Managed to use the "pockets" cue to finish the pull, this was wise.

Back squat:
    up to 125 for a single again, nothin mad, looked easy apparently

Rack jerk.
    I'm trying to feel these out and see where tech gets sloppy. got up to 95, and apparently everything was straight up&down, missed 100 because I caved forward. Tried 100 and fired it up despite caving forward. Need to keep more upright on dip.

Did a couple power cleans at 90 again. They actually seem a little easier. Nice thing to keep in the background.

Right, plan for the next week is:

Monday: openers

weds and thurs: some 50% stuff

Sat: profit

right, openers today,
    snatched up to 80 easy ish. took ages to warm up. Shoulders are ****ed! Did the usual band stretchin' voodoo but it's prayin' to false gods at this stage! Snatching appears to work as a warmup though.

Clean and jerked up to 90, ugly jerk though, caving forward again. took it again and missed it twice. Adjusted hand position for the last attempt and it looked all purty apparently.

Fs: 2x3x80kg

Ice please

Edenderry open: 84-92 @84.2, missed 87 and 96 due to not finishing pulls and making things harder than they needed to be. Had a longer post written out but it looked like a ****ing emo journal so had to get wiped. Good day and a huge turnout, which made things.... interesting. hopefully the shoulders won't be too sore when the vitamin I wears off

Nice to meet some of you feckers too!

Need to work on....

...Everything!

• Advertisement

Nice work today. I have a couple of videos of your lifts (1 Snatch and all 3 Clean & Jerks). I can throw them up on youtube or rapidshare or whatever

Molly wrote: »
    Nice work today. I have a couple of videos of your lifts (1 Snatch and all 3 Clean & Jerks). I can throw them up on youtube or rapidshare or whatever
    Ah excellent, thanks dude! If you could fire them onto rapidshare it'd be great! Nice to meet ya today too.

Yeah was nice meeting you too. I'll throw them up in the morning and send you the link

Nice evening so cycled 60km on the mtb, 2hr 26min. Stopped for about 3min to get some jaffa cakes. All my muscles then fell off :(

Moving pictures courtesy of Molly and Token

Jerk is gone to hell lately. Cleans aren't usually that manky looking (they felt a hell of a lot worse). I've a few ideas anyway. Youtube video editor is handy, pity you can't add captions (or I'm too retarded to do so).

shoulder voodoo,

Snatch warmup: did an ohs with the bar and shoulders were screaming. No snatches then, clean and jerks it is!

Cleaned 60kg and the shoulders caught fire again. Hmmm. Ok, back squats again...

Errr, can't hold the bar. Shoulders ****ed...

Managed to do some back squats by looping a pair of straps around the bar Max Aita stylee (without the 302kg). Feels a bit unstable but I can actually squat that way. Did 5 singles at 110kg.

Pendlays: 3x3x80kg, pretty strict, no torso movement or mexican wavey bull****. Shoulders felt a bit better, went for an 80kg clean... nope too much pain. Bugger

Deadlift: wandered up to 140 for a single.

stoopid shoulders. They hurt when rotated, but rotating doesn't hurt them in the mid range. They don't like abducting either. Gonna leave the competitive lifts for a while, do more wall slides and YTWL (ooh the shame!) type voodoo. Might try to get a squat in the meantime. Will have to start taking my snake oil again too.

Edit: must try to do some zombie cleans next time. Gonna get a helmet and do some zombie snatches and zombie jerks.

Bit less gimped today. I can clean and front squat again. Cleaned up to 90 for a few singles. Speed wasn't great and felt weak. Meh.

Back squatted 100kg for two 1-2-3 ladders (stole the idea from that Shafley character) trying to move properly and keep torso upright. Still need to use the straps though. 3 ladders next time then more weight

Pendlays:
    60x10, 70x10, 80x5

Some low-level voodoo on last couple of reps with 80, not too bad though. Me rikey lows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Back squatted 100kg for two 1-2-3 ladders (stole the idea from that Shafley character) trying to move properly and keep torso upright. Still need to use the straps though. 3 ladders next time then more weight

I attempted to do this yesterday but doubled the first rep by accident and then fell apart.

I attempted to do this yesterday but doubled the first rep by accident and then fell apart.

Start with a weight below 110% of your max and ya might be ok!

Start with a weight below 110% of your max and ya might be ok!

But we don't have any ladies bars anymore :(

• Advertisement

Damn. Do you reckon your proximity to Clarence is sapping your strength?

Edit... Aaaaand he's done it again!

Damn. Do you reckon your proximity to Clarence is sapping your strength?

Anyone in the same province might aswell give up.

It will escalate, wait and see, it'll start to creep up towards Carlow and those other midlands counties that don't really exist.. next thing you know you'll try to walk out your front door and gravity will break your nose.

Anyone in the same province might aswell give up.

It will escalate, wait and see, it'll start to creep up towards Carlow and those other midlands counties that don't really exist.. next thing you know you'll try to walk out your front door and gravity will break your nose.

He's at again I see, the south midlands is doomed, tens will die!

Let's see if I can remember this cluster****...

Power snatch (straight leg catch)
    40-50-55-60(ow)
    couldn't dip as it hurt

OHS- 20kg, nope
    Clean and heave-jerk: up to 75, very slight dip again for same reason

Cleans, 5 singles at 90, one or two at 95, some heaves too. Threw in a slight arm bend at the top for two reasons:
    1: keep bar close
    2: heresy

Frontal Squatz:
    3 ladders at 80

Clean-Death lift:
    130x3... hind quarters on holidays

pendlay: 60x10
    scap pullups, ytwls (shame!!!!! three hail marys)
    shoulders felt a bit better.

OHS: 20kg... Nope again

tried some incline benchin'... started to hurt at 50kg.

seated overhead row thing: 70x20, 80x10

Probably a bit ADD.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

You were caught bodybuilding!

supposedly wrote: »
    You were caught bodybuilding!
    another four hail marys. Tommy's gonna murder me.

saturday: light pressing, shoulder a little better.

cycled 50km. Swam in the sea for about 5mins, got bored, went home. Went up the village side of howth hill too, turned right at the church and had about six heart attacks before the summit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

cycled 50km. Swam in the sea for about 5mins, got bored, went home. Went up the village side of howth hill too, turned right at the church and had about six heart attacks before the summit.

Jaysus entering an ironman are ya

Jaysus entering an ironman are ya

While I believe hell might freeze over at some point, it's unlikely to ever freeze over to that extent.

some ohs stuff, sore at 20kg.

power snatched up to a double at 60, stopped when it started to hurt

clean and push jerk up to 70, did some split jerks at 75, not too bad.

cleaned three singles at 85, think I missed 90, no energy.

back squats, 3 ladders at 100kg, more weight next time.

pendlays: 10x60, 10x70, 7x80

back to some OHS with a dowel and the bar. Can do them without pain only if the torso is almost perfectly upright. No full snatching yet. Still too gimped for that.

• Advertisement

today:
    YTWL
    Band shoulder stretch things

OHS: bunch at 20, 5x30, some crashing but not major.

Clean and jerk: three or 4 singles at 80, less pain, still there though
    Clean: 85-90-90-95-100(fx2)

Front squat: 3 ladders at 85

Deadlift (double overhand, no hook)
    120x3 (10s hold at top of last one)
    130x3x2
    120x3

клоков жим стоя 20кг: 2x8 with empty bar, these felt comfortable. Gonna try and emphasise shrugging the ****er up in future as I forgot today.

Grip felt strong today. I've clearly neglected to overthink it and make it weaker. Damn.

Think I might be back snatching with the bar soon.

Advertisement