Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airports safety etc

• 30-07-2020 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

There was a thread on Air travel but unfortunately it is closed.

I wonder now that Airports are half open i think what is the procedure as regards social distance etc.
    Also is it working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

A friend of mine flew out on Tuesday evening and said there was no-one to social distance from as it was so empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

The problem with social distancing is more likely to occur on the aeroplanes rather than the airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cro1234

antix80 wrote: »
    The problem with social distancing is more likely to occur on the aeroplanes rather than the airports.

My sister flew last week and airplane was half empty so there was plenty of space for social distance :)

I'm travelling in 2 weeks and I hope that situation will be the same (although I wouldn't mind if it is crowded if that would mean that virus is gone and everything is coming back to normal..)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I see Ryanair are taking couurt action on the restrictions...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ngunners

Are the forms that have to be filled in provided at the airport or do they need to be printed by passengers in advance does anyone know?

• Advertisement

ngunners wrote: »
    Are the forms that have to be filled in provided at the airport or do they need to be printed by passengers in advance does anyone know?

They are available at Airports but likely easier to download and fill in advance.

https://www2.hse.ie/file-library/coronavirus/covid-19-passenger-locator-form.pdf

The forms are at the airports but may be easier to print off and fill in advance.

https://www2.hse.ie/file-library/coronavirus/covid-19-passenger-locator-form.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

If you mean the PLF then they are all over the walkways back to the passport check... why this form isn't online and emails you a barcode to scan is just crazy in 2020...

Filled out my PLF at the passport check, Dublin airport, took 2 mins and away I went.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    If you mean the PLF then they are all over the walkways back to the passport check... why this form isn't online and emails you a barcode to scan is just crazy in 2020...

Filled out my PLF at the passport check, Dublin airport, took 2 mins and away I went.

The form was there for me to print if i needed...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

We flew out on Saturday to verona, Italy.

The airport experience was excellent. Everyone wore masks, hand sanitizer every few feet. Social distancing while queuing at security etc was strictly enforced.

On the plane everyone wore a mask. Getting on and off was done by row.

Have to say after travelling I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

There's loads of stands on your way to Passport control with the forms and a pen..

Advertisement