Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Discounts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Do most places accept your Student ID card for discounts or do you need something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Do most places accept your Student ID card for discounts or do you need something else?

Depends, you often need a student travelcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Anyone know if Subway still do student discounts?

And there's 10% off in O'Brien's Sandwiches on Westmoreland Street in Dublin, 15% off for Trinity and DIT students too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Depends, you often need a student travelcard.

That's bull! Always milking more money out of us students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

That's bull! Always milking more money out of us students!

I havent been asked for a student travel card in the 3 years iv'e been in college and i've used student discounts many many times and also used the student bus ticket on dublin bus for most of the 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Domino's have a 12% student discount but it's not applicable to any of the deals, so basically only if you're getting a pizza on it's own.

20% off with the UCD Ents card [not applicable to other deals though :( ]

2 for 1 in Captain Americas, Mondays to Fridays aswell with most college society cards. They've also got their own Student card (which basically does the same thing)

And, Monday - Wednesday in Captain Americas 3€ pints and 3€ selected cocktails

Also Zumo 2.95 (or somthing) for a large in UCD, compared to 4 something in town

McDonalds apparently have a 10% discount too with the Travelcard

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

McDonalds apparently have a 10% discount too with the Travelcard

McDonalds offer any MEDIUM meal for 5 euro with the travelcard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

When I ordered online from Topshop.com (uk) I was able to use my travelcard to get the 10% student discount! Saved even more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

delighted. wrote: »
    Do Irish student cards work in the UK for getting discounts?

Mine has in shops and cinemas in London.. but that's probably because it doesn't look Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

just started my first day there today as a student and was wondering about the discount card thing
    so basically you need to buy the travel card to get the discounts is that rite? is the travel one the best one to get or is there any other ones worth buying.
    bit mad alright cost me €10 for the collage i.d no more money to save money :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Moon Indigo

One of the best deals has to be for getting the card that's the one when you open an AIB student account. You get a voucher for a student travelcard. That means it only costs three euro well worth it as you are sure to save more than that over the year ....

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

5% student discount in maplins!

something better than nothen!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leesaunders

Has anyone availed of these offers? Seems too good to be true? http://www.laptops4students.ie/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TimeClock18

Has anyone availed of these offers? Seems too good to be true? http://www.laptops4students.ie/index.html

Seems to be legit, Each Institute seems to have worked a deal with them, Well AIT has anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

www.software4students.ie great prices for students Microsoft 2010 home & student 119 euro ..upgrade to windows for 60 euro you just have to enter your collage details ..free delivery alot of other stuff too

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭lir6777

A tad late to the game- does anyone know if Office shoes do a discount? I know they do in UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

lir6777 wrote: »
    A tad late to the game- does anyone know if Office shoes do a discount? I know they do in UK?
    Online store does.
    https://office.myunidays.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Just so you know those laptops are extremely expensive for the specs they have. If you ask in the laptops forum they will find you much better deals.

To be honest laptops4students and campus.ie seem to bad to be true and make massive amounts of money ripping off students by advertising **** as a good deal. Neither of them care about value or students at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eeebeee

McElhinneys offer 10% off for students online, u just have to scan in ur student card.

Advertisement