Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial CVRT with a camper conversion 70% complete

• 23-07-2020 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

For CVRT testing, are there strict rules & regulations on what is/isn't classed as a commercial vehicle?

I have a VW transporter and currently 70% through the conversion to a camper. Unfortunately, my CVRT is up and I need to get it tested. Is there anyway the tester can fail this as it is now ''classed a camper-van'?

I need this van as an everyday vehicle for now so I can’t just leave it off the road until the conversion is complete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

For CVRT testing, are there strict rules & regulations on what is/isn't classed as a commercial vehicle?

I have a VW transporter and currently 70% through the conversion to a camper. Unfortunately, my CVRT is up and I need to get it tested. Is there anyway the tester can fail this as it is now ''classed a camper-van'?

I need this van as an everyday vehicle for now so I can’t just leave it off the road until the conversion is complete.

In most cases there will be no issue, I have tested my van with the interiors removed, have heard isolated cases of there being issues at particular centres. As an SQI is required to declare a vehicle a campervan, if the CVRT tester claims it not to be a campervan, I would be requesting his SQI status and just getting them to assess the safety and roadworthyness of the vehicle.

Advertisement