Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard courses. Free college courses sponsored by the Irish Government

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Anyone know what time this morning the courses should be available to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Daithi07 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time this morning the courses should be available to apply?

10am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭djan

Are the applications based on the applicant's merit or is it just first come first served?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

Beersmith wrote: »
    10am

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

That is of course is what’s going live tomorrow

Where did you see the site was going live today? Search function not pulling up anything for me.

As previously said, it's a nuisance that they removed the course information as it used to be available all year, regardless of whether applications were open or not.

There will be increased interest this year so its very disappointing. Best of luck to all applying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Brozy wrote: »
    Where did you see the site was going live today? Search function not pulling up anything for me.

As previously said, it's a nuisance that they pulled the course information
    It says it in big writing on the site itself.

10am apparently. Someone said ^^^

Brozy wrote: »

As previously said, it's a nuisance that they removed the course information as it used to be available all year, regardless of whether applications were open or not.

There will be increased interest this year so its very disappointing. Best of luck to all applying.
    You have an advantage so having used it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Do many people get these if working fulltime on decent enough salary. Love to do something this year as an interest as might not be much happening and if it can pad the CV it would be great

A few of my mates got them in recent years and only had to pay 10% but I can see that changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lux23 wrote: »
    A few of my mates got them in recent years and only had to pay 10% but I can see that changing.

Why can you see that changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭This is it

Website crashing? Can't even register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

FFVII wrote: »
    It says it in big writing on the site itself.

10am apparently. Someone said ^^^

I only see that applications are open on the 25th, nothing about time or updating the course information.
    FFVII wrote: »
    You have an advantage so having used it before.

I'm not applying this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

This is it wrote: »
    Website crashing? Can't even register

Yep, seems to be. Managed to get registered but looks like its getting hammered.

Amazing how this always seems to catch sites out, no prep for the inevitable surge in demand when it opens initially. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭This is it

No courses showing yet anyway, managed to get registered. Site taking a hammering I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

djan wrote: »
    Are the applications based on the applicant's merit or is it just first come first served?

this type of courses are NOT first come first served ; it's based on merits!

And the schools won't close the application process, even if they have 10 times more applications than places : they have a way of filtering down the applications and pick the ones who really want and can learn new skills...

@offtopic : few people ( even on this forum ) thought that is a penneys opens at 10 , start Q-ing from 3 am type of thing :(

go4it wrote: »

And the schools won't close the application process, even if they have 10 times more applications than places : they have a way of filtering down the applications and pick the ones who really want and can learn new skills...

@offtopic : few people ( even on this forum ) thought that is a penneys opens at 10 , start Q-ing from 3 am type of thing :(
    Don't believe this guy. He's trying to get everyone to log off.

Kidding!

Thought I dunno how it works and I'm not sitting here waiting anymore. Will try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

They only said they hope to have it live at 10am and they haven't replied to the questions yet this morning, so it could be a few hours. Keep checking back and it should pop up eventually.

Edit:

They just said they are working on opening the application system and said it's going to be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

all sold out. quicker than electric picnic. well done to anyone who got one. ill try again next year.

They haven’t even opened yet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

all sold out. quicker than electric picnic. well done to anyone who got one. ill try again next year.

They don't "sell out".
    It's not first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

my mate told me that he signed up to a springboard it course this morning and he has already received login from college and emails with his reading material attached. think he even has his timetable for september

go4it wrote: »

That's what I assumed was the case but just wanted to make sure :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

my mate told me that he signed up to a springboard it course this morning and he has already received login from college and emails with his reading material attached. think he even has his timetable for september

That's total bullsh*t
    it doesn't work like that.

Sure he did. I signed up too and they sent me my master's already, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Jet Black wrote: »
    Sure he did. I signed up too and they sent me my master's already, great service.

well done, ill hire you so. 100k plus benefits per annum sound good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Has the site crashed or have they just decided not to open it at 10am?

Missed all the thread this morning, just logged on and its still the excel list, no way of searching courses

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

courses are live now but site is crashing for me

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Has the site crashed or have they just decided not to open it at 10am?

Missed all the thread this morning, just logged on and its still the excel list, no way of searching courses

Opened ten minutes ago but the site is getting hammered, it's not loading at all.

Tried to register but it came up with an error and now trying to log in it says account not verified check email. There hasn't been an email for the past hour or so. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

jeepers the traffic must be mad - I remember logging on last summer in august and most you could still apply to?

Maybe it's with the current job losses, or else people are sensing an impending recession.

I tried it on internet explorer and chrome, both crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Site keeps crashing. It's unusable at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

just gonna share my 2 cents ,if they cant create a proper website that able to serve , why bother applying trough any of it ?

There is lack of resources or grey material to make this springboard website going, therefore anything is related to it is kind of obsolete.

Now lets say you got in and got your degree and your dream job with 100 k or more, you still just an homo sapiens with money and a job.

Congratulations You have Survived, whats is next ?

I would say you find more full filing life style away from all these super courses , educated people.

Good luck finding your ways :)

Advertisement