Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much should you pay per class?

Options
  • 02-09-2010 4:19pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the average cost per class is? Obviously teacher : pupil ratio is a factor, but just as a guideline. I'm considering doing some Yoga to help improve my flexibility / reduce likelihood of injury from other sports.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The drop-in rate at my class is €13 for an hour's session. You can buy a block of 8 sessions which do not have to be used consecutively for a small discount and she also operates a loyalty system where you get a free class after you attend 8.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

It varies, but I think the average price of a drop-in class is €16-18, and the average price of a 6 week course is €85-90. I think studios are improving their pricing though, and there are more €10 classes and special offers about.

I keep meaning to check out this place http://www.openmindsproject.ie/yoga-classes.html. I've heard great things about it from friends. They don't actually charge anything; students donate whatever they feel is appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

My drop in class is €10. Its at Trinity Sports Centre and thats the price for non members.

I used to go to Samhadi in Temple Bar and that was €16 per class and you got a loyalty card where you got one class free after about 8 classes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

flikflak wrote: »
    My drop in class is €10. Its at Trinity Sports Centre and thats the price for non members.

Hoping to join in the next few weeks. :) What's the members price?

• Advertisement

^ its a fiver I think???

Classes were free for members this week. I go to the 1pm-2pm class on a Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

flikflak wrote: »
    ^ its a fiver I think???

Classes were free for members this week. I go to the 1pm-2pm class on a Tuesday.

Yep and you have to pre book aswell. :) Same with their pilates class too IIRC

Thankfully the yoga classes in my college (GMIT) are €30 per semester (September-December, January-May) so €60 a year, which isn't too bad.

Yep and you have to pre book aswell. :) Same with their pilates class too IIRC

Nope, no prebooking for the yoga lunchtime class. Just turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Thankfully the yoga classes in my college (GMIT) are €30 per semester (September-December, January-May) so €60 a year, which isn't too bad.
    That's really good value for yoga classes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

I pay €50 per hour every two/three weeks for one to one sessions with what i consider to be a very good instructor in Pilates.
    Am i paying far to much or should i not go for one to one anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chevalfou

bookerboy wrote: »
    I pay €50 per hour every two/three weeks for one to one sessions with what i consider to be a very good instructor in Pilates.
    Am i paying far to much or should i not go for one to one anymore?
    50 euros / hour for a one to one if very fair. If you are happy with your instructor, stick with it. If you are practcing at home between classes, you get a lot more from a one to one with a good instructor that from a group class.
    That's the way yoga used to be taught, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

anyone know where I can get <€10 classes? Classes are vastly over priced in my opinion.. I pay €7 for drop in Muai Thai classes with excellent tution and gear included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ruddy123

I'm a member in TCD gym. One hour yoga is €10 for non-members and €5 for members. I'd like to find a beginners class somewhere else, though. The external yoga and pilates instructors are very good, but the staff at the centre are often very rude, in my opinion, and just make my time there unpleasant. I'd like to find somewhere with a nice and welcoming atmosphere were I can do some yoga and come away feeling good --- and not be shouted at.

Advertisement