Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there a way to see when a house was first put up on daft.ie

• 31-07-2018 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

As the title says, there is a part on each listing saying when the add was last amended but I cannot see when it was first listed.

Is there a way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I'd like to know this too. You used to be able to see the listed date on daftdrop.ie but it's down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I think if you look at any add on a PC not the Daft app you can see at bottom when first listed and/or updated. I’m not sure if Daft drop still around but that used to show when listed and any price changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I just changed the touch site to the 'full site' option is at the bottom and you can see towards bottom of the ad 'date entered/last renewed'
    surely the ad entry date remains anytime it's renewed

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/dalkey/ashdown-dalkey-avenue-dalkey-dublin-1612463/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

davo2001 wrote: »
    This only shows the last date the ad was altered, not the date it was first listed, which is the information I'm after.

Maybe a few of us need to throw an email over to Daft to ask them to modify their site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

If a Daft ad is edited or renewed then they date at the bottom changes to that new date, so you can't tell when it originally appeared.

One thing I do is google the address. Sometimes the daft ad is updated with a recent date, but not on other house selling sites, like myhome.ie, and you can see the older date there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Google like this. Site is under maintenance right now but this will work later:
    site:daftdrop.com Ashdown, Dalkey Avenue

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Also, sometimes a property is removed from Daft and then relisted as a whole new property. So a property could have been on the market for longer than appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

When I was house-hunting, I noticed that it only showed the renewed date instead of the original date the property was listed.

So what I did was set up an email alert for properties in particular areas. That way I would be emailed the price etc when it was first listed on the website, and then compare it to any subsequent relistings.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

I think I found how to tell the original date entered on daft.ie.

When you do a search, order it by "Date Entered", a Date entered field then shows up on each house ad and looks like the date it was created because if you then click into a specific house add, the "Date entered /amended" is different.

Advertisement