Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Careful, PS2 Collector Pr0n

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Just about to post that, it's insane, but amazing!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to rip them open and play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I actually couldn't do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

NNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Fair play can't have been easy etc, but whats the point if they're never going to be played?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RedXIV wrote: »
    I actually couldn't do that

They're games they're meant to be played. And just imagine overdosing on new game smell would be like that. It'll be like the day my friend sent me every megadrive konami game they had in print at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're games they're meant to be played. And just imagine overdosing on new game smell would be like that. It'll be like the day my friend sent me every megadrive konami game they had in print at the time.

I need friends like this :D

He doesn't work there anymore, sniff. Used to be able to get games from any company for free as long as I didn't take the piss and it wasn't nintendo because they are arseholes. And Konami games I could get when the review copies were sent out. *sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This is about fifth forum I post on that's advertised this, and the chap's taken a cyber-bashing on each of'em for not playing them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Clearly alot of will power was involved here.... There is no way I'd be able to resist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

More money than willpower tbh, I'm sure any game he/she actually wanted to play was bought twice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,085 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

amacachi wrote: »
    More money than willpower tbh, I'm sure any game he/she actually wanted to play was bought twice.

Looking at the pictures, there's a hell of a lot of games said collector bought twice, or three, or four times. In one of the pictures there seems to be close to twenty copies of one game!

I don't know, it all seems a bit pointless to me collecting for collecting's sake. Not saying I wouldn't take it if it was offered or anything, but keeping stuff in wrapping on that scale seems so very pointless.

Alas, they'll have the last laugh in a post-apocalyptic future where the only currency is sealed copies of Madden 05.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The guy's only 23 as well, so obviously he must be a drug dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

love how every shelf is almost collapsing under the weight. he needs to invest in better shelves :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's sickening.
    A gamer who collects games, the object of their obsession, only to leave them sealed behind plastic wrappers, on display.

It's like a heroin addict collecting all of his potential scores and stapling them to a wall, and just staring at them, sweating, sticking to methadone instead.

For all he knows they could all have a copy of Army Men inside!

I tell you what. It's not going to get him laid any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I tell you what. It's not going to get him laid any time soon.

He mentions his wife towards the end and suggests she's not too keen on the whole thing.

Seriously though how the funk can someone afford all of that at such a young age? Unless he's simultaneously listed on a website called maxed out credit card collectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's sickening.
    A gamer who collects games, the object of their obsession, only to leave them sealed behind plastic wrappers, on display.

*gulp* :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pyongyang wrote: »
    *gulp* :o

Aw not you too!

The only games I still have sealed is some horrific shovelware PC game based on dice games that I got for free and pikmin because it was a fiver and I bought two copies. Nothing more satisfying than ripping open a game and playing it for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Aw not you too!

The only games I still have sealed is some horrific shovelware PC game based on dice games that I got for free and pikmin because it was a fiver and I bought two copies. Nothing more satisfying than ripping open a game and playing it for the first time.

That's how it all starts dude......:pac:

In my defence, any game I have sealed I also have, eh, unsealed, so I can play it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah yes, a gaming habit that's cheap at twice the price of a "normal" gaming habit!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If he really cared for games, he'd put them in a secure vault.

Or create a museum.

OR PLAY THEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

What a waste! It's one thing to spend €200 on a game that you love, it's quite another thing to spend thousands on really crappy titles.

Advertisement