Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Car boot sales/markets in Dublin?

• 26-04-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So just wondering where are the best car boot sale/markets in Dublin and when do they be on?

I know there is one in Balbriggan every weekend(?) but are there other ones close to the city centre or out on the southside that are worth a look every-so-often?

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd also be interested in finding out when/where these do be on.
    Especially any on the southside.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Everyone will be fighting each other to get to these to pick up some bargains haha.. Theres one in Ballbriggan alright and judging from some of the posts on here it seems to be the best one for retro stuff. Fairyhouse has one too not sure how good that is. I never get to the Dublin ones myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

You really need to go outside Dublin to get the real bargains

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive gone to 2 different ones outside dublin numerous times and the only thing ive ever seen is an amazing ammount of Buzz controllers for ps2s! Maybe im just unlucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Tallon wrote: »
    You really need to go outside Dublin to get the real bargains

Ok, and where are these bootsales at Tallon?

Looking for address's and times when they are on, mainly in Dublin, (has to be a few)but co. dublin areas too.

May be nothing at these sales but till worth a look anyway.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Dundrum when it starts back for the summer is pretty decent. Can be hit & miss but i'v picked up a few bits & pieces over the years.

Mostly PS1/2, XBOX & occasionally GC/N64.

Never game accross anything older.

Cool thanks Sugarman! Where abouts in Dundrum is it held?
    Even if there is only 'PS1/2, XBOX & occasionally GC/N64' stuff, no harm in going to see, never know with carboots I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Ok, and where are these bootsales at Tallon?

Looking for address's and times when they are on, mainly in Dublin, (has to be a few)but co. dublin areas too.

May be nothing at these sales but till worth a look anyway.
    Run a search for car boot sales in this forum, there was a few threads on all the locations, and theres a pretty long thread with times etc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If anyone sees a Namco stick for a decent price (<€30-40), I'll give you an additional finder's fee.

Namco_Arcade_Stick_%281996%29.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

The two big ones are Balbriggan and Fairyhouse.

Others that I know of on the Southside, that have not been mentioned, are all in Tallaght :

• Belgard Market (This is strictly a Market, e.g No car boot sales. I did see a Spectrum 128k for sale last week) open Saturdays and Sundays
    • Halfords Carpark (Strictly a carboot sale, about 30/40 odd cars) open Sundays
    • Shamrock Rovers Stadium (Strictly a carboot sale, about 80+ cars) open Saturdays

The one in the Rovers stadium is worth a visit, I seen 2 x PS1's for sale and a Megadrive control pad last Sunday. I didn't buy any of them, so they might be there next week. Anyways, as far as markets go, they are all hit and miss.

There are always PS2 game for sale if you keen on Football games. :D

Thanks Senkotu! Thats loads of info!
    Will head to these to see what there is, no harm havin a look I say!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

I never thought to check if either of those PS1's were the sought after audiophile version. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

sengoku wrote: »
    I never thought to check if either of those PS1's were the sought after audiophile version. :eek:
    Pfft, that whole PS1 "audiophile" story sounds like junk anyway.

You're better off finding a used dedicated CD player.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Think I'll check out the two in tallaght this weekend

The one in Dundrum should be starting back up for the summer soon. I've picked up a few bits there over the years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm going to take a wander up to the Balbriggan one on Sunday, have a peep about.
    There really isn't tha much I am short of now, I have most consoles I want, can't think of what games I am in need of...
    It's a both satisfying and leaves a sense of emptiness, all at the same time...
    No more mountains to climb?

Maybe I need to develop new interests?
    Collect Tamagotchis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Maybe I need to develop new interests?
    Collect Tamagotchis?

You sick sick man:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Collect Tamagotchis?

What about collecting Game and Watch? It has got to be a good few steps above Tamagotchis.

New car boot sale starting in the point village at the end of the month.
    I seen signs for it on the way to work so had a look online.

It's going to be right beside the big wheel so the location is handy to get to for most people.

http://www.irishcarboot.ie/venues/point.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

There really isn't tha much I am short of now, I have most consoles I want, can't think of what games I am in need of...

Do you have a Casio Loopy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

More car boot sales than you could shake a big stick at here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055759737

and here: http://collectireland.wordpress.com/car-boot-sales/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,370 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    New car boot sale starting in the point village at the end of the month.
    I seen signs for it on the way to work so had a look online.

It's going to be right beside the big wheel so the location is handy to get to for most people.

http://www.irishcarboot.ie/venues/point.php

I really want to go to that this weekend, but buy the time I get up on Sunday it'll probably be over!

• Advertisement

Anyone go to the car boot sale in the point village today?

Was it any good?

Wasn't in the country so could've make it myself :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No, I was having a nice sleep :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As I have said elsewhere I was in the best of the northside markets, Balbriggan, and got a PS Multitap (official), a PS2 Multitap (unofficial), a Playstation Mouse and a NeGcon controller also for the PS, my second of such controllers, they are a beautiful beautiful thing! Also a whole bunch of GBA games, he had them at 1 for €1 but I got 8 for a fiver!
    So my total spend was a tenner, not a bad haul.
    There was also a complete Xbox and a first gen PS, the latter I very nearly bought as it's a charmer to use for backups without needing a chip, as far as I remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone go to the car boot sale in the point village today?

Was it any good?

Wasn't in the country so could've make it myself :(

There were about six cars and the most notable find was mid-70's Scrabble board.......... It's its first week, so might go back once it gets up and running properly.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    There were about six cars and the most notable find was mid-70's Scrabble board.......... It's its first week, so might go back once it gets up and running properly.

Ha, i don't feel so bad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 joyce.clegg

Malahide Market is open on Saturdays every 2 weeks..great market but nothing used all new products, but a great variety of stalls! Open this Saturday from 2pm till 7pm !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

Any really good bootsales on over the next few weekends. Looking for one to sell secondhand items, pay little entrance and make a good load of cash. Most charge over the ods and have very little cash coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

lee4892 wrote: »
    Any really good bootsales on over the next few weekends. Looking for one to sell secondhand items, pay little entrance and make a good load of cash. Most charge over the ods and have very little cash coming in.

Post #22 in thread! You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink. :D

Advertisement