Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

darker then normal?

• 28-09-2004 7:59pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this,

is it darker then normal this evening?

i'm in killiney and with out streetlamps, you can barly see infront of yourself!

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Has something to do with the rotation of the earth, we are heading into winter now the days are getting shorter. In four weeks time the clocks are due to go back by one hour, by that time it will be dark at 17.00 hrs.

I notice your message was posted at one minute to eight o cloc, it was dark by then.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i understand about the days getting shorter and the nights comingin, but last night was just sheer black, you could just about see in front of yourself,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Very thick cloud cover will block out any direct or reflected sunlight. Afair lately there's been scattered/high level clouds in the evenings.
    Also mist could cut down on visibility and seemingly reduce brightness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The suns going out! Mama! :p

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

now looking at tonight..... it isnt half as bad! i can see the houses across the road... but last night....i couldntsee the end of my nose!

• Advertisement
Advertisement